IGNORED

any opinions on which rechargeable battery system works best?

RickHarrisMaine

Shortly after getting my Wii system, I purchased the charger by Nyko. Worked pretty well for a couple months and then both batteries went to hell and would only hold a charge for 30min to an hour (depending on whether I had the Nunchuk plugged in or not).

My recomendation: purchase a regular battery charger, such as an Energizer or Duracell and use that. I bought an Energizer unit from Walmart that included the charger and 4 AA batteries for about $17. The charger will also accept AAA batteries if you purchase those separately. The unit works very well and I can also use the batteries in any device that uses AA batteries. I've had the unit for about 9 - 10 months now and the batteries have held their charge well and I've experienced no problems at all.

Much better solution, in my opinion, than spending money on a charger that only works with one particular device.

Mendon

I agree, the rechargeable batteries from Duracell or Energizer are the best way to go. Just make sure that any you get are rated over 2500mah. Lower rated ones will work, but the Wii remote will eat them like crazy!

I have about a dozen of these rechargeable batteries and have the fast charger that can hold 4 at a time. Takes only like 30min to charge them then I store them in a cabinet for when I need em.

I've had my batteries since nearly day one of the Wii's release. Doing good so far...

I just use rechargeable energizer AA's. They work great, and are also compatible with lots of other game controllers and remote controls.
That's what I got - 4 for $10 with the charger. One set for my primary wiimote, one set for my 360 controller. When one set is dead, I swap out whatever one I'm not using and charge the other. After a while I picked up more rechargeables for my camera, etc, which is a nice bonus.

Shortly after getting my Wii system, I purchased the charger by Nyko. Worked pretty well for a couple months and then both batteries went to hell and would only hold a charge for 30min to an hour (depending on whether I had the Nunchuk plugged in or not).

I also got the Nyko charger and the batteries only lasted me about 5 months before going completely dead. Do not buy the Nyko charger. I have seen an Energizer charger for the Wii that I thought about trying since they are a company that specializes in batteries.

I have this Energizer kit for rechargeable batteries. I absolutely LOVE this system. Not only do the batteries hold a good charge, but I can always have fresh batteries charging. Between our Wii Remotes and Gameboys, my boys chew through batteries like there's no tomorrow. With the Energizer kit, I don't worry about it. I simply grab two fresh batteries from the top or bottom, plop them in the device and place the old batteries in the charger. The charger begins charging them immediately and automatically shuts off when they're charged.

The face-plates that come with the kit seem kind of pointless. I threw those away immediately. Otherwise I've had the device for at least six months or so and have absolutely zero complaints with it. The only issue I had is that I had to purchase more batteries to revolve out of my various portable gaming units! ;)

• 8 months later...

Anybody use any of the induction battery charging systems? I don't want to deal with the sleeves and Wii motion plus removal. I have a set of chargers that work ok, aside from the facts that contact sometimes isn't made when you insert the wiimotes, and you have to remove the sleeve. If I get motion plus, it's one more thing to do. I don't need MORE reasons not to play my Wii.

Also, can anyone recommend a Wii Fit battery/USB arrangement?

Yes, I have rechargeable batteries, but again I don't want to switch them out all the time. They only hold a charge for a month and I only play the Wii once or twice a month. I would like to find an induction system designed for the Wii.

I'd suggest the Energizer induction charger that came out a couple of months ago. I think it works great, it has been reliable unlike past chargers/batteries I have had for the Wii, lets you keep things like the Wii Motion Plus Adapter or Nyco Nunchuk reciever attached, and lets you keep the sleeves on without the annoyance of always having to remove them. Also, it's gotten praise in the media everytime I've ever seen it reviewed, so I'm not alone.

Only downside is slow recharge times, but unless you wait until you want to play something before deciding to recharge, it's hardly a problem. Just put it on the charger when you're done and it will be all ready for the next time.

• 10 years later...

04f.gif.27058dbdb2a161b6fe4d39ef623e65e3.gif

Yes, Yes.  Necropost.  But a legit 11 year update request. ??

Brushed off the Wii and 60+ games, guitars, controllers, DJ table, blah blah, as the 17 year old now wants his "retro console" to play with his mates in his room. ?  As expected, batteries not holding their charge too well.  Will cycle them a few times and see how they go.  If they are fubar, then what's the best option in 2020 for replacements?  What are the unbranded 2800/3600 ebay batteries like?

Or is it still relevant as stated in this old thread and use a AA rechargeable set-up?

Cheers ladies ?

I've always just used regular AA rechargables.

I really need to find my charger, though (still packed away in a box somewhere)...or better yet, buy a nice one that lets you charge one battery at a time. Trying to find pairs that will actually charge together is the worst.

I'm going to need some batteries soon, because I'm almost done with Twilight Princess HD, and Skyward Sword is next =D ...or maybe a little Crossbow Training first??

Edited by Asaki

• 4 months later...