IGNORED

Pac-Man for Fairchild Channel F, now only $85 with shipping!

e5frog

Box almost done - backside just needs some more text. If you have any suggestions about the backside text let me know. about 35 characters per row and ten rows.

Click my signature to see what the other box backsides say.

gx1P17Qr.jpg

gx1P15li.jpg

All buyers will get a box and instructions as soon as they're done.

Edited by e5frog

I was given eproms and sram:s from a friend of mine which made it possible for me to charge $85 for some of the carts for those with patience enough to wait. People paying the $120 was first in line for the next cartridge made.

Tell me why it's $120??

a game dosen't cost that much

If you can get a donor-cartridge, two logic circuits, an eprom, an sram circuit, the special necessary memory interface circuit, a couple of resistors and capacitors and circuitboard, box and instructions for less - including postage for everything back and forth and materials to assemble everything (photopaper, ink and plastic for labels, solder tin etc etc) and maybe even not having to work about 4-8 hours per cartridge entirely for free, please tell me how?

I'm sorry, but if I could offer them for free I would, I'm sure I'd make double the amount of cartridges.

When you count everything in it is a lot of money.

People on the waiting list have been offered the best possible price, I have been making 3 or four at the time. Currently I have five professionally made PCB:s left which probably be Pac-Man carts 20-24 if anyone is interested, if not they will probably be Karate carts starting with #1 - when I have time to finish it - I plan to finish the Pac-Man box and instructions first.

All in all - I haven't made any money, I've used all income from this project to pay for parts and made improvements where improvements were possible. I'm not even working for free, not breaking even - I have acrually paid money to be able to get these carts out, because it's fun and because I'm proud of what I and Tim have achieved.

Maybe if I sell 50 of them at $100 I will break even, counting shipping prices and materials, and by then - no extra money for all the time programming the game and building the carts.

Finally, I have two kids (and a wife...) and work full time, I do this at my spare time... anyone who is in the same situation will know how difficult it can be to find the time.

PingvinBlueJeans: You can get #20 for $85, that's the last one I already have circuits for - more is ordered, I used all the money from my last sale to buy memory circuits for another 15 carts, however the other parts won't last for more than two or three carts, I'll buy more parts as money comes in from sales.

PayPal: e5frog@gmail.com

If anyone is still on the fence about this, I would highly recommend it. I received my copy and tried it out today. The gameplay and sound are excellent and the cart looks amazing. Great job, can't wait to get the box and instructions! My long dormant interest in Fairchild has been rekindled!

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, I too can vouch for the awesomeness of this game, very worth it imho. not like there are going to be many other new fairchild carts running around :) Will I be getting box/docs? or do I have to buy them seperately? Thanks again.

I have gotten an example of text to put on the back side of the box, I'll try and get some of it done this weekend. All Fairchild Channel F Pac-Man cartridge owners will get the box and instructions. However I might ask for a small donation to cover postage, printing costs are on me.

If anyone like to help writing the text for the instruction booklet it would be most appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I too can vouch for the awesomeness of this game, very worth it imho. not like there are going to be many other new fairchild carts running around :) Will I be getting box/docs? or do I have to buy them seperately? Thanks again.

I have gotten an example of text to put on the back side of the box, I'll try and get some of it done this weekend. All Fairchild Channel F Pac-Man cartridge owners will get the box and instructions. However I might ask for a small donation to cover postage, printing costs are on me.

If anyone like to help writing the text for the instruction booklet it would be most appreciated.

I just want to congratulate you on doing such an awesome job bringing Pac-Man to the Channel F. While I'm no longer interested in a Channel F console, I am still very impressed with all of your effort and dedication in turning out such an awesome product. It all looks very professional and cool. I'm sure Channel F owners will be very pleased with this one. That box is too cool for words. :cool:

Thanks.

... and thanks to Godzilla for helping with the manual.

I think I'll finish the box this week and start on the instruction booklet, but as things nowadays seem to take about double the expected time I guess the box will be ready in a month and the booklet in two months... ;-)

If I just take the time the actual work doesn't take that long.

I noticed an error in the picture, it says 100 but is supposed to be 200

as it marks the points for the first monster in a Power Pellet frenzy...

Now corrected, I hope the boxes haven't been printed yet...

gx1JWohJ.jpg

Here's the current version of the manual (Thanks Godzilla for helping with the text):

gx1JZQi9.jpg

gx1JZSNi.jpg

gx1JZXMA.jpg

gx1JZ_gJ.jpg

You can read it better in these two pictures, any comments are welcome (required):

Edit: Changed the pictures a third time:

gx1KrgdJ.jpg

gx1KriIS.jpg

Edited by e5frog

Manuals done for all sold carts, #23 manual parallel for comparance:

24473893.th.jpg 73541707.th.jpg 73162806.th.jpg

I got the first test print of the box today - looks promising, I just need to correct some colors that didn't turn out as they where supposed to - the maze was purple. I'm correcting that problem tonight and then I'm hoping to get a new test print and perhaps delivery by the end of next week, it's not a very large job so I don't think it's priority... ;-)

... and then I just need to cut them out - with scissors - 22 of them... Having a jig built to cut them out automatically was really expensive - about $180-200.

Edited by e5frog

Got the second test print, looks astonishing!

60699265.th.jpg

I had to cut it out immediately...

53780749.th.jpg

However, the folding had to wait until I got home...

I needed to get the right sort of fold, I made long groove a in a glass plate

and then used a broken bent screwdriver to get the right crease:

19984706.th.jpg

Folded up but not yet glued:

79990573.th.jpg

Looks nice there in the shelf - a little too white perhaps, almost too perfect.

32332167.th.jpg

I thought I should mark it as Pac-Man #1 on one of the small flaps,

but the pen chosen didn't stick, so I got an ugly pink spot there, I'm

keeping this one my self - renamed with a good pen to Pac-Man #0...