IGNORED

Pac-Man for Fairchild Channel F, now only $85 with shipping!

e5frog

• 2 weeks later...

Boxes and instruction booklets have now been sent out to all Channel F Pac-Man cartridge buyers (and those who got one by trading for it).

I decided to have them all done before my vacation starts.

My right thumb is a bit sore from making all the fold creases for 24 boxes... :D

The first US resident who get's his box (there were no female buyers afaik ;-) ), shout something in this thread so the others now that their wait is over in at least a couple of days. I started sending them two days ago and it usually takes at least seven work days to get anything over the Atlantic Ocean. ;-)

If you manage to f*ck up your instruction booklet I can provide a new one in exchange for a small fee, if you do the same with the box - too bad I don't have any extras as far as I know yet. I'm probably setting a limit at 50 Pac-Man carts, that's the amount of boxes I had made.

WOW!! very nice job on that game.

Rick

They all look the same - all 24 of them...

;-)

Any future plans for the Channel F at this point?

Future plans includes Multi-Cart and to finish the Karate game, I'll try and use as much memory as possible within the 256 kB limit - as I have a bunch of '020 eproms anyway... I'm not going to spare any graphics.

Perhaps I'll start working on a Scramble clone - the background scroller is already written...

Perhaps I'll do that worm-game I have thought about...

Maybe I'll try and build a portable unit...

Perhaps I get a brand new idea that I start to work on instead...

I don't know - we'll see, I'll keep you posted. ;-)

I'm planning to put my prototype pcb in a shell and put it on eBay with the first test-print box (that looks the same as the later boxes of course) take the first manual I printed and sell it on eBay as "Pac-Man prototype cart".

Is anyone interested or should I wait until after the summer? People are perhaps not eBay-ing as much as usual during the summer...

I'll use the debug eprom where it's possible to skip levels using a certain (secret) key/hand controller combination...

I can probably make a very limited amount of carts during the summer if the price is right - in the $120 area... But most likely I won't make any more until October this year.

Edited by e5frog

Wow, my Pac-Man cart came in today! I haven't opened the box yet to take a look at the actual cart but the box sure looks cool! It's very professional and nicely wrapped. Great job on this! And thank you for the super fast shipping. I can't wait to get a Channel F so I can play it. This is my first Channel F game. Here are some quick pics I snapped on my phone.

pacmanfrontgif.jpg

pacmanbackgif.jpg

Got mine today also, I'm in California and the other was in New York so looks like they have

arrived at both the Eastern and Western sides of the United States

Also wanted to say they look great and the attention to detail is awsome

FND

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New YouTube movie with sound in sync, recording from the latest version (Build 31 - which is the version on the Pac-Man cartridge) and it also shows the first intermission at 4:00.

NEW PRICE: $69.95!

I have ordered a new batch of carts, current price is $69,95 plus shipping (of your choice) if you make a personal payment with PayPal there's no extra charge, otherwise add 3.4% extra to cover the PayPal fees..

Bank transfer is welcome also.

This is the last batch of Pac-Man carts and it's as cheap as it's gonna get - get one and enjoy the intermissions, an authentic box and instructions those are the three things not included in the Multi-Cart version.

Welcome with your order.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

the Retro-gaming Connexion association (RGC)is interesting to buy Pac-man.

I read in Revival magazine than if we have an old Chairchil cartridge, the price is low. is right ?

(sorry for my poor english)

Thank you for your response.

There's currently no shortage for shells so I guess I could knock off $5 from the price, but as you'd have to pay postage to ship it it's not really worth it.

So, cart, box and instructions: $69.95.

Edited by e5frog