IGNORED

Pac-Man for Fairchild Channel F, now only $85 with shipping!

e5frog

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT: One of our friends here took the offer - thanks for the contribution!

Need the last dollars for a batch of components, I'll sell one Pac-Man cart (with box and instructions) for $60 and shipping is on me (you'll save about $20-25).

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Edited by e5frog

• 3 months later...

You can still order these, with shipping outside Europe it's a little more than $85 so I'm setting a

fixed price, shipping included: $85 outside Europe

and $70 plus shipping elsewhere.

Some components are currently out of stock so I need your pre-paid orders to be able to make more of these.

Currently 36 sold cartridges and I'm only going to make 50 of them.

Get yours now.

post-10242-126692046399_thumb.jpg

Edited by e5frog

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

... and now they're SOLD OUT!

If anyone has the urge to play Pac-Man on Channel F they need to buy the Multi-Cart instead.

But, I have a single copy that I will put on eBay later this year, possibly I'll also include the first box print with it...

• 7 months later...

We are getting closer, I'm having the last four PCBs made for Pac-Man this week, I work at a PCB manufacturer so it should be done in less than a day.

Pac-Man cart #48, last one to be sold brand new from the manufacturer, will be up on eBay at Christmas - I hope.

Anything I could do to spice things up?

I'm planning to add the first test print of the box, it's uncut and unfolded, would it help it I autographed anything/everything? Certificate of authenticity?

Anything I could do to get the price up would help, I'm guessing though that the following month is a bad time really to try and sell something...

Maybe I could include the source code? Maybe zipped on the eprom (about 250kB unused space on it as I used 2Mbit chips, source 7zipped is only 35kB)

Maybe put the debug code on it that allows you to skip levels by pressing a button on the console?

Add battery backed up ram or FeRAM to hold the scores?

I think it's awesome that the last brand new Channel F Pac-Man is going up on eBay soon.

I really like the idea of the first test print of the box and having it signed. I'm envisioning that's something that will look cool if the buyer had it custom framed. As far as signing, I think signing the box and the cartridge label (maybe the back part where you put the buyer's name) would be neat.

As far as other goodies, I like including the debug code to skip levels for gamers who might not be in the mood for a long Pac-Man session to reach a later stage and the battery backed up RAM is a great idea.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

I don't think you'll have much problems, it seems that Fairchild stuff is quite popular on eBay these days.

PCB:s almost soldered, just the ROM and RAM left.

I found a pair of FeRAM, I'll do a check on these and see if I can just plug them in right away, if it works I'll sell the one on eBay with permanent hi-score backup.I'll also add a description on my webpage how to make the swap.

Possibly I'll offer an upgrade if it's still possible to buy that part,

I should perhaps add a way in the programming to clear the hi-score as well...

Did a successful test using a RAMTRON FM1608-120-PG FerroRAM circuit instead of the usual 6116 SRAM, hi-score was still there after turning machine off or extracting cartridge, running the RAM-test showed no problems either nor plugging/unplugging several times while on.

So it looks like I will add this kind of non-volatile ram to the Pac-Man cart in the eBay auction, question now is that it has three extra address-pins, so it could hold scores for eight players, don't know if I should explore that option further. DIP-switches would be "easy", a player selection screen would be really nice, perhaps even entering names... Depends on how long I'd like to wait, planning on selling it late January.

This particular brand of circuits are End Of Life, they only have SOIC capsule for sale nowadays, should be pretty easy to make a small adapter if you wanted to upgrade a cartridge. The DIL kind are available on eBay, not very cheap:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3803277453861?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=380327745386&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

With the DIL kind it's only a matter of adding four jumper wires for a non-volatile replacement.

If anyone wants to do an upgrade themselves, just ask me for directions.

Edited by e5frog

• 2 months later...

FINALLY.

The very last Pac-Man cart is now for sale on eBay, it's #50 and there are three uncut and unfolded test prints of the box included, one extra instruction booklet and it's equipped with an Fe-RAM circuit to hold the highscore even when it's powered off - no battery needed.

Go right ahead and make an offer:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2307645584931?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230764558493&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Starts at $1 and shipping is free worldwide.

As you won't be able to see in a few weeks it ended at $224.50, auction winner had guessed $200, I guessed less so the amount bet was deducted from the final price - $1. ;-)

He was nice enough to give me a $1 tip though.

This thread is now done and can be locked.

• 4 years later...