IGNORED

Favorite Underrated PSX games?

STICH666

Vib Ribbon! I still can't believe they didn't release that here in the US.

Tempest

Ya know it's funny I was just think the other day if that game would be possible in any form on a Vectrex.

Sure, I don't see why not. The actual game was pretty simple.

Tempest

Nice to see some PSX love....and very cool when played on the right screen. :P

Tiny Tank is great! I remember my friend bought that game when it came out 97, 98'??

I completely forgot about Tiny Tank.

I kind of dig the following:

Xevious 3D/G+

Tomba

Konami Arcade Classics (great compilation)

Raiden Project

Namco's Treasures from the Deep (it got pretty hard though)

Spider - The Video Game

This game RULES, man. You play AS a spider, and you have to remember that throughout the game. While it does get silly later on (you get cybernetic ehnancments), it's still a great concept.

Wild 9

From Shiny, this game is very, VERY odd, but oh so fun. You gotta love a tagline that reads "Torture your enemies!".

Blaster Master - Blasting Again

I know this one took a LOT of crap, but I personally enjoyed it. Not as good as the original, but the tank could get some pretty cool upgrades.

Clock Tower

The sequel was balls, but this one was TRULY frightening. One of the only games to give me a true sense of fear.

Discworld 1 & 2

Both were EXCELLENT point and click games, and had a very odd logic you had to follow, kind of like the Sam and Max games.

Granstream Saga

Linear, but had a good story, and for an RPG, there were a lot of interactive elements to the combat. Love this one.

Intelligent Qube (though I know this game has become a cult hit since it came out)

Elemental Gearbolt - This is a great guncon lightgun game with a fantasy theme; definitely unique compared to all the typical military/cop lightgun games out there.

Tempest X3 (Though Tempest 2000 on Jaguar is definitely better)

Unfortunately I don't have much experience with the PS1; I was more into the N64 back in the day.

Once found some fun in an unlikely import located on a PSX demo disc, called Ore no Ryouri. Now that I think of it, it kind of reminds me of Pressure Cooker, with a bit of Tapper thrown in (like Diner Dash). A fan-made Gamemaker-based sequel is available for PC.

Here are some gameplay videos, if anyone is curious.

I especially enjoyed the chopping of the vegetables for the soup with the two analog sticks. Not that I ever was any good at it. I'm watching some videos right now and realizing how intense it gets later on.

Did anyone else have the chance to play it?

From Wikipedia:

Ore no Ryouri (俺の料理 Ore no Ryouri, "My Cooking") was released by Sony for the original PlayStation. Players must successfully manage different types of restaurants, utilizing the DualShock's analog sticks to perform various tasks.

It was published in Japan on September 9, 1999. Due to its success, it was re-released under the Playstation's 'The Best' label. A 1-level demo was made available in the US via Playstation Underground.

I picked up a copy of the original PS1 "The Need for Speed" a while ago. I really like it; it doesn't have all the graphical polish and the extra bells and whistles of the many sequels, but when I play it, I find that the way the car's steering responds to the controller input seems more realistic than most racing games.

I picked up a copy of the original PS1 "The Need for Speed" a while ago. I really like it; it doesn't have all the graphical polish and the extra bells and whistles of the many sequels, but when I play it, I find that the way the car's steering responds to the controller input seems more realistic than most racing games.

IMO the 3DO version is the best but good luck finding it and the PS1 version is the second best version.

Once found some fun in an unlikely import located on a PSX demo disc, called Ore no Ryouri. Now that I think of it, it kind of reminds me of Pressure Cooker, with a bit of Tapper thrown in (like Diner Dash). A fan-made Gamemaker-based sequel is available for PC.

Here are some gameplay videos, if anyone is curious.

I especially enjoyed the chopping of the vegetables for the soup with the two analog sticks. Not that I ever was any good at it. I'm watching some videos right now and realizing how intense it gets later on.

Did anyone else have the chance to play it?

From Wikipedia:

Ore no Ryouri (俺の料理 Ore no Ryouri, "My Cooking") was released by Sony for the original PlayStation. Players must successfully manage different types of restaurants, utilizing the DualShock's analog sticks to perform various tasks.

It was published in Japan on September 9, 1999. Due to its success, it was re-released under the Playstation's 'The Best' label. A 1-level demo was made available in the US via Playstation Underground.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I have that same demo disc, though I am not sure which disc that game is on (I have a lot of demo discs). I remember playing it and thinking that it was wierd but cool. Now I have to go home and find the disc so I can chop some more veggies.

Chris

Wild 9

From Shiny, this game is very, VERY odd, but oh so fun. You gotta love a tagline that reads "Torture your enemies!".

I loved that tagline too. :twisted:

Some of my fav underrated games:

Syphon Filter 1-3 - I LOVED this series. I always felt it was overshadowed by the Metal Gear Solid series and didn't get all the accolades it deserved.

I guess these aren't "underrated" but I loved:

Ape Escape (played through that game about 3 different times)

Mega Man 8

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night