IGNORED

What's the rarest Atari game you have?

Corby

Atarimania does:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...VERSION_ID=6759

The give the one I have, the 1981 K-Byte release an R8 and the 82 CBS version an R5.

Interesting... are their rarity ratings for the US or Europe?

I looked around on there and found this:

- the rarity ratings are for commercial games only (obviously) and estimated on a worldwide basis.

So I guess that would explain the discrepancy. And here I thought I finally had a "rare" cart. :sad:

Edited by darthkur

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!! :)

I just got an Atari a few months ago soo I don't have alot of games so far but my rarest game

is Star Wars the Arcade Game complete with the box and instructions.

I don't play that one much tho :-/ my favorite game right now is Dig Dug...is Dig Dug rare???

My family had Congo Bongo and Pitfall 2 while I was growing up tho lol.

Edited by lushgirl_80

Hmm...

2600: Bumper Bash, Glib, Boing!, Motorodeo (well, it USED to be rare :ponder: ), Crazy Climber, Waterworld, SE Spike's Peak and quite a few more

5200: Mr Do's Castle, Zenji, Frogger II

8-bit: Flip & Flop, BBSB, Embargo, Firebird, Speedway Blast, Test Cart

7800: Midnight Mutants, Alien Brigade, Fatal Run

Lynx: Battlezone, Xenophobe, Chess, Desert Strike, Daemonsgate proto

• 3 weeks later...

Just got Gremlins...so that would be my current most rarest... still waiting on Mr.Do'S Castle in the mail too..

edit-not 5200 but I have a copy of Centipede for the 2600 with the silver label from 1988...afterall these years I did'nt think it was worth much but come to find out it's actually rare...

Edited by lushgirl_80

I didn't think there really were any "rare" Atari titles for Atari 5200, aside maybe from Gremlins (which I don't have anyway).

Frogger II is my rarest 5200 game in general. I've also got an '86 Vanguard, which I know is not rare but still kind of interesting to me; I didn't think anyone was still playing the 5200 by then.

If homebrews count are rare games (and why not? there's not many of them, and you'll certainly never find one at a thrift :)), I've got Koffi: Yellow Copter and an until-recently CIB Adventure II (my g/f lost the key :( ).

I have some Chinese and German carts but despite the rarity, I love Gremilns . They are just fun to look at let alone play.

A couple years ago I found a sears version of the Atari stunt cycle dedicated console CIB. I think that piece is pretty cool because I haven't seen one since. I also have a Brazilian 128 in one console with a push button on the back I think is cool too.

thanks

D