IGNORED

Civilization Revolution Play Report

Gabriel

Still obsessing over Civ.

I've beaten the game using about half the civilizations......my favorite being the Aztecs for the obvious 'healing after combat' perk. Been playing on the King difficulty mostly. I'm having a hard enough time with it so I'm edgy about trying Deity.

My Civ gaming may come to a short halt since I'm getting RE5 and GH: Metallica soon.

I've graduated to Warlord. My Deity wins are all using Mongols on Beta Centauri.

I rotate between Mongols, English, Chinese, and Japanese.

Deity isn't fun because the AI cheats. I've seen numerous vids proving that the AI will spawn enemies in impossible places on deity mode. For instance you could have complete control of a sizable island, and out of nowhere you'll start getting attacked by Knight armies, and when you look completely around the coast there is not a single boat in sight or even 2 spaces away. I still can win a deity game easily, but the fact that Firaxis programmed the game like this is just lazy. The only way for them to make the game harder than Emporer was to break the rules of the game?

The only way for them to make the game harder than Emporer was to break the rules of the game?

Whoops. I meant I play on Emperor, not Warlord. I got my difficulty labels confused. It's whichever one is right below the goddamn cheating ass Deity level. :D

I think I could beat Deity if just once I could get a setup where I'm on a landmass with only one or two other civilizations and deep water between me and the rest. The main problem is that in all the regular Deity games I've played, all the other civs start on the same continent with me and all of them join forces to blockade/destroy me.

The only way for them to make the game harder than Emporer was to break the rules of the game?

Whoops. I meant I play on Emperor, not Warlord. I got my difficulty labels confused. It's whichever one is right below the goddamn cheating ass Deity level. :D

I think I could beat Deity if just once I could get a setup where I'm on a landmass with only one or two other civilizations and deep water between me and the rest. The main problem is that in all the regular Deity games I've played, all the other civs start on the same continent with me and all of them join forces to blockade/destroy me.

Eh whatever, I forget the difficulty level names, but yeah the AI doesn't cheat below Deity. I usually play whatever is right under Deity.

Deity is easy trust me. Tech Horseback Riding right away (full science), then produce a horse (full production), find a hut or tent and then rush 2 more horses for an army. Take out just 1 other civilization as fast as possible, they won't be able to defend your horse army if you built it early enough. It'll definitely be lights out if you can find another savage hut on the way to fighting an AI, then you can upgrade to whatever the one is that lets you attack twice. Once you have that extra capital, that will put you well ahead of the rest of the AI, then you can pretty much do what you want. Just make sure you have Armies of archers in every city all the time, and upgrade to Pikeman/rifles as need be.

I got so good at the game I ended up skipping Pikeman most of the time, and going from Archers to Rifles. I can't remember exactly the path, but there was just an unstoppable tech path to follow that I figured out, where you always got the best free bonuses. Getting to navigation was a huge bonus for the free Galleon, I remember that because you really need that Atlantis relic for the tech boost.

Edited by Gunstarhero

On an off-topic question: has anyone played Age of Booty? That game ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! It's probably in my top 5 XBLA ever now. It's so easy to play an so addictive. I get my ass whooped on multiplayer all the time, though, because everyone I play seems to be a pro and knows every detail of every map and how to go about dominating in it.

Yeah. I've played it. I finished the one player mode. Neat game. I wish you could directly control more ships, though.

Yeah...me too.....because your AI buddies stink at strategy.

The only level I've yet to beat is the last level. That level is a monster.

• 4 weeks later...