IGNORED

Where could I buy "Yastuna 2 - The Space Incident"?

LS650

Hi. I am interested in picking up this game as a cart for my Lynx.

There was a guy in Poland auctioning off copies on eBay for a while, but I haven't seen anything from him recently.

Is there someone else whom I could order a copy from?

:?:

Hi. I am interested in picking up this game as a cart for my Lynx.

There was a guy in Poland auctioning off copies on eBay for a while, but I haven't seen anything from him recently.

Is there someone else whom I could order a copy from?

:?:

You can buy a very great looking Cart by Nick Harlow in the 1632 Shop.

Its in the section Lynx>Collectoritems

look here

http://www.1632-sales.zenwebhosting.com/ac...ctor_Items.html

• 1 month later...

After some delays, my Space Incident cart arrived today!

I received everything you see in the right-side photo shown earlier in this thread. The cartridge is a small ruby-red PCB with three ICs on it. Mine is labelled number "47". It comes with the hard plastic blue shell above, as well as manuals and a authentic-looking box. About the only negative I can think of with the elaborate packaging is that the box looks like a commercial product from the days of Atari, but is made of a heavy-stock paper rather than cardboard.

The cart works great in my Lynx. I will post some comments later about the game, but if you are unfamiliar with this game here is a detailed review...

http://www.ataritimes.com/article.php?showarticle=581

I have seen RGC editions of Lynx games, I think they print on an autoadhesive sheet and then put it on a blank cardboard.

They also use some kind of polystirene inside (with a hole for the cartridge) to keep the box shape.

This is a nice idea because the box seems even more solid than official ones.

I have seen RGC editions of Lynx games, I think they print on an autoadhesive sheet and then put it on a blank cardboard.

They also use some kind of polystirene inside (with a hole for the cartridge) to keep the box shape.

This is a nice idea because the box seems even more solid than official ones.

I bought the RGC edition. The Box is very good.

Well, I seem to be running into a problem with the cart...

I own two Lynx Model IIs and an older Model I. The cart works fine with the Model IIs, but it doesn't seem to fit very well at all into the cartridge slot of my Model I. Other carts, including a black Songbird PCB for Championship Rally, work without a problem in the Model I. However, neither the red Space Incident cart nor my green Alpine games cart seem to fit very well into the slot of my Model I.

Edited by ls650

Well, I seem to be running into a problem with the cart...

I own two Lynx Model IIs and an older Model I. The cart works fine with the Model IIs, but it doesn't seem to fit very well at all into the cartridge slot of my Model I. Other carts, including a black Songbird PCB for Championship Rally, work without a problem in the Model I. However, neither the red Space Incident cart nor my green Alpine games cart seem to fit very well into the slot of my Model I.

I checked The Alpine games cart and my red Yastuna 2 cart in my Lynx I. (I own 2 Lynx I)

I can see no difference between this 2 carts and the black. (I own 5 black PCB games.)

They all fit fine.

What can I say? Those two carts just don't work in mine.

The Alpine Games cart plugs into place, but the Lynx I won't power up at all.

The Space Incident cart will power up about 1 in 3 tries, but then only certain games work - for example Space Dominoes will run fine, but Space Shoot only shows the title screen, but not the actual gameplay- it just shows a black screen after you hit 'A' for Normal play.

Other carts work great in the Model I, and these two carts work okay in both of my Model IIs.

When I look at the two trouble carts, I notice that they are minutely wider (as in a fraction of a millimeter) than a regular Atari-brand cart. I suspect the difference is just enough that the pins don't quite line up with the cart slot connector pins.

The Space Incident cart [...] Space Shoot only shows the title screen, but not the actual gameplay- it just shows a black screen after you hit 'A' for Normal play.

This problem has been reported some months to me after the release (in fact, when testing Yastuna 1, Lynxman had the same problem with Merlain game). As I only had a Lynx 2 for my testing on real hardware and Handy, I was not aware of this.

It seems there is a difference between Lynx 1 and 2 when you want to load datas from ROM to RAM, at least with BLL routines.

When a game is fully linked (including all code and datas, and can be send via BLL for example), like Space Dance or Space Domino, there is no problem with Lynx 1 because everything is loaded into RAM. But, for Space Lock and Space Shoot, I needed more RAM because those nice very colorfull graphics are really memory eating, so I load background screen from ROM to RAM each time I need one. But there is a kind of bug in BLL routines (in fact, they are mentionned in source file as not tested/completed, but as they worked fine on Handy and my Lynx 2, I was confident) that occurs only on Lynx 1 (maybe a timing problem or this kind of thing) nad loading fails most of time.

I made a workaround for Yastuna 1 and Merlain and problem may occur maybe once in a while (other games from Yastuna 1 are 100% BLL), but of course the problem still exist on Yastuna 2. So it is better to use Yastuna 2 with a Lynx 2 model (I don't know if a Lynx fan only have a Lynx 1 model, so this may be a problem).

But as fas as I know, you should always get main menu on a Lynx 1 and Alpine Games should works fine.

I know that Matashen worked with Sage to find the solution, because the same problem was occuring with Lynxopoly, and now, this is working fine, thanks to them.

Lynxman was kind enough to send me a Lynx 1 to debug Yastuna 1, so my next project (dedicated to flash card) will be 100% compatible with both Lynx (and will use heavy loading of data from ROM).

Thanks for the info. It's kind of a bummer, as I slightly prefer the Model I to the Model II.

Ah well...

I really like Space Incident. I'm not that good at Space Dance (just like real dancing!) but I love the other three mini-games. I thought I would prefer the Space Shoot the most, but actually I play Dominoes more than the others...

The Bug is no Hardwarebug. Its a bug in the BLL-development Kit where a bit is set to a false register.

The workaround for that - fadest also made- is to do some code that the registers are set different and an special situation not ocurs.

That Bug is now fixed. Every coder who loads data from rom should get shure he has the newest binarys from Nov2008 or later where sage fixed the bug. we dont get an answer why the bug is not reproduceable on a lynx2. There are the same chipset.

I gave Fadest already bugfree libs - so the next projects should also work on lynx-1.

Regards

matashen

Which bit is it that causes this? I remember we had the same problem while testing Championship Rally and it was a nightmare trying to get it to work on Lynx 1. Finally we got it working by taking care of the exact time when to load the graphics in relation to the vbl signal. I don't think we found the real reason ever.

I would like to double check that the same bug does not exist in the cc65 libraries.

--

Karri

Which bit is it that causes this? I remember we had the same problem while testing Championship Rally and it was a nightmare trying to get it to work on Lynx 1. Finally we got it working by taking care of the exact time when to load the graphics in relation to the vbl signal. I don't think we found the real reason ever.

I would like to double check that the same bug does not exist in the cc65 libraries.

--

Karri

sage wrotes a thread in the lynx developmentgroup where you are a member,too.

Look at Thread-nr. 3985

It was a var - bug.

here the textsnibble from the thread where sage discribes the bug

I have no idea who is also using my C file access code ("file*.c"),

therefore I post it here, so anyone can read it.

There is a really annoying bug inside, which *sometimes* prevents loading

on a lynx 1.

The three occurances of _iodat have to be replaced by __iodat.

(in inline asm _iodat is the hardware adresse, while __iodat is a

variable)

Sorry for that.

PS:

But now at least a major step forward has been done in my projects,

as they now run fine on the ylnx 1, too.

I hope its OK sage that i make it here public, but there are many coders and beginners who needs the solution for that bug.

Regards

Matthias