IGNORED

HSC Season 1 Week 3: Puzz Loop

Deteacher

This week's game will be Puzz Loop. Special challenge this week: Write a good game description. The best one will earn +2 bonus points! :)

Don't get loopy now, because you've got a ton of colored spheres slowly creeping towards you around a large loop. Your only hope is to shoot matching spheres into them and make them vanish. The more you clear, the slower the line slinks towards you. But don't let your guard down, because the better you get, the faster they get. You'll need a lot of skill and luck if you want to get out of this Puzz Loop!

Thanks LarcenTyler! [+2]

post-9712-1232412967_thumb.jpg

Game Information:

Game Name: Puzz Loop

Released By: Mitchell, 1998

Game Mode: Default settings

MAME ROMset: puzloopu

Chosen By: JellE

Post your scores in this thread and I will update the leaderboard throughout the week. The deadline for posting scores will be Saturday, January 24th, 2009 @ 12:00 Noon (EST)

BONUS POINTS: The player with the best tips submitted will earn +2 bonus points this week.

CURRENT HIGH SCORES

1. 131,630 (JellE) [+11]

2. 111,660 (aftermac) [+10]

3. 108,820 (Spiceware) [+9]

4. 98,890 (Osbo) [+8]

5. 33,060 (rxd) [+7]

6. 27,410 (Shannon) [+6]

7. 26,950 (MrAtari2600) [+5]

8. 16,340 (Maibock) [+4]

9. 14,760 (LarcenTyler) [+3]

CURRENT POINT TOTALS

1. Spiceware [23]

2. Shannon [18]

3. aftermac [13]

4. maximebeauvais [13]

5. theking21803 [13]

6. Artlover [9]

7. Dr Galaga [9]

8. LarcenTyler [9]

9. LaserHawk [6]

10. rxd [6]

11. maibock [5]

12. JellE [4]

Edited by Deteacher

Whoever picked it, which romset?

Europe - puzzloop

Japan - puzloopj

Korea - puzloopk

USA - puzloopu

I suspect it'll either be Europe or USA as the other 2 aren't in English.

Also which Mode? Panic, Stage or Vs.

Edited by SpiceWare

Where have I seen this game...

I have no idea.. I just know I was introduced to it a couple of years ago. I have never seen the real arcade game for it. I have always played it in the emu.

Also, as for scoring.. I am not sure what Deteacher wants to do... but I suggest just going by points score, and just not even worrying about level. In this game you can have a really high score, and low level or vice versa. It is just dependent on how many combos you get while playing.

Sorry for the delay in updating, folks!

I've got everything updated, but let me know if there are any mistakes.

To answer the question of scoring, I'll be going by highest score, not highest level. I figure that'll be the easiest way to go. Also, be sure to look at this week's challenge. There wasn't much of a game description on KLOV, so whoever writes the best one will earn 2 bonus points. :)

Edited by Deteacher

You need to get the European set (5 megs) then get the US set (like 300K or so)

Yeah... you need both roms in order for it to work. I can send them to you if you need them...just PM me.

P.S... best yet for me! :) 75,200

post-9830-1232462221_thumb.png

Edited by JellE

I also had to track down SKNS.ZIP to get it to run, it's the Super Kaneko Nova System BIOS.

Sorry...I had to download that rom as well. I forgot to mention that... thanks SpiceWare! :)

I also had to track down SKNS.ZIP to get it to run, it's the Super Kaneko Nova System BIOS.

Sorry...I had to download that rom as well. I forgot to mention that... thanks SpiceWare! :)

Yeah, same here... it proved pretty elusive, but I eventually managed to locate it.