IGNORED

New Text Adventure For 2600

Jakenut86

Heres the basic idea of Demon World, a new text adventure I have started working on for the 2600.

You awaken to pitch black nothingness, or are you awake? Somewhere in the distance you hear a voice..."You will watch over him and insure he does as he's told."...Another voice..."Yes master." You pass out again and awaken on a floating island of ash surrounded by fire. Something is wrong, as you reach up to touch your missing eye you notice that you are just a skeleton. "See what you have done to us?" A floating eye says, and you somehow know it was once yours. "Now lets get moving before you get me into trouble."

The game will follow your character as he travels through hell in an attempt to save his soul.

Picture3.png

Edited by Jakenut86

Sounds like a really neat idea. I've always loved things that involved around with hell. Hell is just probably one of the most frightning settings for any game, because anything can go really. Can't wait to play it. :)

Um. Why would you write a text adventure for the 2600? I take it this is a joke.

awaken on a floating island of ash surrounded by fire. Something is wrong

lol

Why would he be joking? There are already several text adventures for the 2600. They leave a bit more to the imagination than that of a graphical game, and as long as they have a good interesting story, they can be fun to play.

Edited by EarthQuake

Sounds like a really neat idea. I've always loved things that involved around with hell. Hell is just probably one of the most frightning settings for any game, because anything can go really. Can't wait to play it. :)

I should have a download ready soon.

Why would he be joking? There are already several text adventures for the 2600. They leave a bit more to the imagination than that of a graphical game, and as long as they have a good interesting story, they can be fun to play.

There are a couple text adventures for 2600 Dark Mage and Lord of the Rings are two that I know of.