IGNORED

Spreading the love with Free Games and more! - 3rd Edition!

ClassicGMR

• 2 weeks later...
I brought that up before and everything from him should be removed. I messaged him a few times got 1-2 responses. Sounded like he was going through tough times maybe? Regardless, if he's busy just pull them down and when he gets back on track let him repost them

I agree. Although I received responses from him regarding a couple of games, I never received responses when it got to the stage of actually shipping the games out. As you said, if he is busy, remove his items from the list and he will notify us when they can be added back.

Also, ClassicGmr has not updated the list for almost a month. Maybe he's too busy as well or perhaps that every offer has been matched with a claim therefore not requiring any modifications to the list.

ClassicGMR has not been on AA since March 29th, so I have a few questions for the community.

Is it time for a 4th edition?

How many people are legitimately interested in seeing this continue and willing to participate?

Is the "free games" thread better in theory than it has worked in practice?

Should we start from scratch or update the existing list?

Depending on the responses, I might be interested in maintaining a 4th edition of the free games thread. Any other feedback is also welcome.

Thanks!

ClassicGMR has not been on AA since March 29th, so I have a few questions for the community.

How many people are legitimately interested in seeing this continue and willing to participate?

Depending on the responses, I might be interested in maintaining a 4th edition of the free games thread. Any other feedback is also welcome.

Thanks!

The format here is not ideal for this purpose, particularly for the person managing it. But, I like the concept and would likely participate again at some point.

I have taken and given from this thread and its predecessor, so I guess that shows I would prefer it continue in some form. If it continues, we need to purge the list and have each user affirm what is still available or taken.

Bugs A2600 is still avail.....someone take please!

bah

Thanks!

I would like to participate at some point :)

Thanks for the responses so far! I'm gonna give this a few more days to hopefully gather more responses, since this concept is based on many people participating.

I'm definitely leaning toward starting with a clean slate... perhaps PM'ing the folks that have posted items and asking them to re-list items that are still available in the new thread.

BigO: Maintaining the list is not a problem, I enjoy hard-coding scripts and web pages so this will be fairly simple. I've been looking for a way to contribute to AA instead of just taking up otherwise useful bits of space. :)

I would start with a clean slate, do just like you said, PM, re-list, etc. Then lock this one up to avoid potential confusion.

It sure has died down lately, but maybe people just moved most of their spares. If/when I get more doubles/spares, I'd add them up here again. It's a great way to get rid of stuff taking up space that maybe isn't worth trying to sell.

I'd probably reoffer items in the new thread. I'm not sure exactly how this board suffers, but I know several other boards I'm on suffer during the summer months, everybody has things to do (vacations, outdoor activities, picnics/parties, etc). I definitely agree that the list should be restarted, one of the problems with this one was that items that weren't really available were left on the list. I do like the format though and think that it works (as far as laying out by system, and the rules)...

I'm definitely interested in using a thread of this nature, as I certainly have some stuff to offer up and have seen some items I would like to have. I have yet to actually use this one since it seems to be out of date. I'll subscribe so if someone starts a new one, and I'll know and will use it.

I'd probably reoffer items in the new thread. I'm not sure exactly how this board suffers, but I know several other boards I'm on suffer during the summer months, everybody has things to do (vacations, outdoor activities, picnics/parties, etc). I definitely agree that the list should be restarted, one of the problems with this one was that items that weren't really available were left on the list. I do like the format though and think that it works (as far as laying out by system, and the rules)...

AA usually slows down a bit during summer, but Al keeps the lights on for the hardcore folks. there's usually quite a bit of activity each day. Holidays are slow sometimes, and weekends see a little more activity.

We do need someone who's been around and is going to stick around for a while to head it up this time, though.

Great! These are exactly the kind of responses that I was looking/hoping for! I'll get the new thread up and running in the next couple days... possibly as soon as tonight... if I'm not busy. :)

AA usually slows down a bit during summer, but Al keeps the lights on for the hardcore folks. there's usually quite a bit of activity each day. Holidays are slow sometimes, and weekends see a little more activity.

I agree the summer is probably having an impact, but I think there is still enough traffic to keep this going.

We do need someone who's been around and is going to stick around for a while to head it up this time, though.

I'm not going to disagree with that! :)

I have posted the 4th edition of the list. Please use the new thread for all transactions:

Spreading the love with Free Games and more! - 4th Edition!

Thanks to ClassicGMR for all of his work in this thread!

Mods: If we could get this thread locked that would be great! Otherwise, please do not post here and just let it sink to the bottom! :)

• 5 months later...

Claimed:

Star Wars Episode One Racer (disc/manual) - light scratches, but work fine - mehunglo

Test Dive Le Mans (disc/manual) - light scratches, but work fine - mehunglo

Added:

Haunting starring Polterguy - Sega Genesis - Missing Label

Haunted House - Atari 7800? or maybe 2600.... dunno.

This thread is dead. Please use the new one: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=143846

Without looking, I'm pretty sure the games you claimed are no longer available. If you have games to post please post them in the new thread. Thanks!