IGNORED

what gems do u have in your collection ?

broncoman

I have a Master Builder (& manual) in great shape

a Polaris Green Label (& manual) in great shape

a Stargunner (& manual) in great shape

a Chuck Norris/Atillery Duel Double Ender (with box & both manuals) in great shape

and quite a few others. I'll eventually get around to listing them on ebay.

Brad Downunder

Well, I guess it depends what you consider a 'gem'. If you're just talking about rarity, then I think the term 'gem' would have to be the among rarest 2600 things you own. Or, it would have to be unique in some other way. For example, a prototype of a an unreleased or even released game, something like that... Below are some of the items in my collection that you don't see every day.

kudos,

MattG.

X-Man

Motorodeo (+instructions)

Q bert's Qubes

Berenstein Bears

Z-tack

Boing!

Guardian

Smurfs Save the Day

Mr. Do's Castle (+instructions)

Atari Video Cube (+instructions)

Enduro (loaner/prototype)

Omega Race (loaner/prototype)

Quadrun (loaner/prototype)

I dunno.. I sort of always considered MsPacman to be a gem I owned since I friggin played it so much

Indeed. I treasure my original Ms Pac Man cart, because, back in the day, for no reason whatsoever, I coloured in part of the label with a biro. Don't ask me why I did it, but now this is one of my favourite games in my collection. And its a really good game to boot!

Having said that, I also treasure my PAL Qbert proto/loaner:

http://freespace.virgin.net/john.rich/Old/qbert.JPG

Cheers

Steve/Jobf

I guess there's going to be several 'types' of gems here - old faves that get played regularly and rarities :?:

Excluding the modern release stuff, Wing War is probably the rarest title that I have, although I also have a copy of Overkill.

Ms. Pac-Man is still a :D great :D game, even after 20 years. 8)

Quadrun, Out of Control, Mangia, Halloween, Rescue Terra 1, Lochjaw,

X-man, Crazy Climber, Swordquest WaterWorld, Tomarc the Barbarian/Motocross Racer, River Patrol, BMX Airmaster (Atari red label), Ikari Warriors, Stronghold, Cakewalk, Glib, Tooth Protectors, Spider Maze, Music Machine, and Condor Attack.

Well, I have about 140 2600 games, most (85% or so) with instructions and some with boxes. My "gems" are as follows:

The only 6 I have is James Bond (with manual)

I have a few 5's: Marine Wars (complete)

Philly Flasher/Cathouse Blues (complete)

Star Wars: The Arcade Game (with manual)

I have a ton of 4's.

I am working on getting a lab loaner of River Raid and Chase the Chuckwagon.

After that, as far as rare titles go, I will try to get Halloween and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

lets see... 2 quadruns, air world, swordquest waterworld, 2 beagle bros. titles, magicard, chase the chuckwagon, demon attack,eli's ladder, beany bopper, gauntlet, video cube, crypts of chaos, alien, and atlantis 2..............just kidding i really don't have those but i had ya going for a sec. :D

Just got a copy of Tac-Scan in the flip-top box with inst's and the original stickers(did not know it came with the stickers)Got these three 'gems' in the last year-Back to school pak-Action pak-Racing pak.And lastly-got all the CGE2002 releases for the 2600(except for Marble Craze, which I ordered later).I'll take some pics and put em on my pathetic website,for those of you that want 'proof'.

Here's the "gems" (or as I interpreted this thread) that are rated 8-10 in the rarity scale. These are in the collection of my brother and myself. My brother is on these forums as TheGreatOne. Just took the pics after going through the collection.

What you can't see in this pic is that the Atlantis is actually an Atlantis II. Unlike some folks, I didn't mutilate my cartiridge by doing something stupid like WRITING ON IT. ;) The Atlantis II I actually got myself all those years ago from Imagic. Stupidly, I threw out all the stuff that came with it back then, but I still have the cart.

10s-1.jpg

10s-2.jpg

The Helzberg collection:

* Death Trap, Gas Hog, Tomarc the Barbarian, Rubik's Cube, a complete set of Supercharger tapes

I have a lot of stuff that is 10-14 karat gold to me but might not be primo to others; such as a blue label Pitfall, Worm War I, complete in the box (sealed) copies of everything from Dark Chambers to Rampage, and other misc. stuff. My collection actually gets MUCH more interesting outside of the 2600, as I only got into hardcore Atari collecting in the last year. The "gems" I really treasure are on Sega Master System. Sacrilege I know, but it's true! :P