IGNORED

Shout Out the Arcade you grew up in.

Lee9977

The bowling alley in my neighborhood had a pretty awesome arcade in the back, they had games ranging from Tekken to Dance Dance Revolution.  

Unfortunately it was owned by an older couple who didn't see the value in it and so they finally gutted it out.

It was sad to see it go. :(

Luckily nowadays Im finally able to purchase my own arcade cabs and have a pretty decent setup in my house, but it cant really replace the feeling of playing arcade with random strangers and bonding over awesome games.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

There was an arcade behind a movie theater that would only play old movies, when I as a kid they had the Star Wars Arcade game, a Jet pilot game with a full cockpit set up, Time Crisis 3, In The Groove (with a shit-ton of custom tracks and songs), and an area full of retro games. Sadly, as I grew up the arcade started going from games to ticket machines. A friend of mine who worked there said the owner would just chuck games that he didn't want to bother fixing and now only a handful of games I grew up with are still there, the rest is ticket machines sadly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Starland in Hanover MA

Replay II in Weymouth MA, spent the most time there of all.  Met a lot of good friends there.

Great Times in Abington MA

O'lindy's Bowling in Quincy MA

Still have tokens from Replay and Good Times in Somerville.  

About 15 yrs ago Good Times was supposed to be relocating to Brockton MA but couldn't get it done.  I went to a huge auction of all the stuff..wish I had money for some games but I got a few of the old bar mirrors at least.

I make the drive at least once a year to Funspot in NH.

Makes me sad to see all the places not very far from me growing up that I missed seeing.