IGNORED

HSC Season 1 Week 4: Space Invaders Deluxe

Deteacher

Just to clarify... I don't post the actual ROMs... I just provide a link to the Atarimania page where you can get it, if you so choose. :)

exactly, you do not have to post or host but give us a link of where to get the rom.

I'm sure 80% of the people have the rom on there PC

if you tell us the name someone could have a different game under the same name.

anyway, those are just suggestions ;)

Okay... I completely suck at this... I FINALLY made it to screen 2.. with one life left.. and got killed right off the bat. At any rate, I don't believe anyone has to worry about any kind of competition from me on this one! :D

post-9830-1233108214_thumb.png

By the way, Spiceware, where can I find the color overlay?

Here it is: (I hope it is okay that I post this here)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2FRDOX24

As a suggestion, you will probably want to disable the bezel artwork in the invaddlx settings because it drastically scales down the play field size in order to fit the bezel.

Screw it. Here y'all go. The rom. The artwork. Go for it :P

From Deteacher: I spoke to Albert about posting ROMs and he does not want ROMs posted. However, he doesn't mind so much if people post links to where ROMs can be acquired. :)

Mame does a pretty good job with the artwork now. All I want is for them to put in the proper background for Space Invaders Part 2! :) (currently all they have is the cocktail artwork.. i.e. the instruction cards)

Edited by Deteacher

Screw it. Here y'all go. The rom. The artwork. Go for it :P

Deleted by Deteacher.

Mame does a pretty good job with the artwork now. All I want is for them to put in the proper background for Space Invaders Part 2! :) (currently all they have is the cocktail artwork.. i.e. the instruction cards)

I obviously don't know what I am doing.. or don't know how to make the overlay thingy work in MAME OS X. It doesn't matter though... I am SLOOOOOOOWWWWWLLLLLLYYYYY but surely getting better at this game! :)

post-9830-1233239958_thumb.png

Edited by Deteacher

JellE, here is how to add the artwork to MAME OS X:

-Go to your home folder (whatever your login name is)

-From there, go to "Library" -> "Application Support" -> "MAME OS X"

-Drag the invaddlx.zip artwork file into the "Cabinet Art" folder

I have no idea how to crop or disable the bezel art, however. If someone does, please let me know.

Also, in the MAME OS X directory above, the "Screenshots" folder is where in game screenshots get dumped when you use the F12 key to take one.

Edited by Vectorman0

I have no idea how to crop or disable the bezel art, however. If someone does, please let me know.

Also, in the MAME OS X directory above, the "Screenshots" folder is where in game screenshots get dumped when you use the F12 key to take one.

Okay... I did this.. still no color... maybe I broke it. I have only been using MAME OS X for a few weeks.. so I don't know all the ins and outs of it yet. I have only been using a MAC, for about 8 months... so I am still learning about all this nifty stuff. Is there a setting on MAME OS X that I need to set or something I haven't found to actually make it work... or should it work after putting the artwork in the app support file?

Edit: Nevermind... I figured it out!!!! Thanks for the help. :)

Edited by JellE

Okay... I did this.. still no color... maybe I broke it. I have only been using MAME OS X for a few weeks.. so I don't know all the ins and outs of it yet. I have only been using a MAC, for about 8 months... so I am still learning about all this nifty stuff. Is there a setting on MAME OS X that I need to set or something I haven't found to actually make it work... or should it work after putting the artwork in the app support file?

I just did it myself, dropped the artwork file in the "Cabinet Art: folder, and next time I started the ROM it worked. Make sure you aren't using the ROM that NE146 posted a link to; it has the exact same file name as the artwork zip file.

Edit - I see you got it working :)

Edited by Vectorman0

That is kinda nifty! I didn't like the whole artwork deal... I had to play with the video options for awhile to get it the way I wanted it. Thanks guys...I appreciate all the help. Now I know how to make things pretty! ;)

post-9830-1233242524_thumb.png

From Deteacher: I spoke to Albert about posting ROMs and he does not want ROMs posted. However, he doesn't mind so much if people post links to where ROMs can be acquired. :)

Well it looks like they took away the ROM. However, the artwork? That thing is freely available, just a little bit of a pain to search for :P

It wouldn't have hurt to left that there. Nice and convenient, and oh so pretty.. ;)

Edited by NE146

I'm sure you may have noticed that I removed the ROMs that were attached to a previous post. I spoke with Albert about this and he told me he would rather not have ROMs attached for direct download. However, he also said he had less of a problem with posting links to sites that you can acquire ROMs from.

Now that we have that clarification, I will try to post links to where ROMs can be found in the original post for the week's game. I can't do it right now, but when I get home from work, I will do that (unless someone beats me to it.) :)

Thanks for understanding. I know ROMs are a touchy subject. ;)

@NE146: You're right, I probably could have left that there. Would you be kind enough to post the site where you got the artwork from? I'd appreciate that. :)

Edited by Deteacher