IGNORED

HSC Season 1 Week 4: Space Invaders Deluxe

Deteacher

@NE146: You're right, I probably could have left that there. Would you be kind enough to post the site where you got the artwork from? I'd appreciate that. :)

I got it from usenet in a huge batch of them :lol: Most all artwork is available on the web too of course, heres a site: http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork.html

But again you just gotta click around :) Here's the direct link to the page with invaddlx.zip:

http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork_in....html?p=11#here

Edited by NE146

@NE146: You're right, I probably could have left that there. Would you be kind enough to post the site where you got the artwork from? I'd appreciate that. :)

I got it from usenet in a huge batch of them :lol: Most all artwork is available on the web too of course, heres a site: http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork.html

But again you just gotta click around :) Here's the direct link to the page with invaddlx.zip:

http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork_in....html?p=11#here

Thank you very much! :)

Had another run. I'm still rusty, but now I remember why I don't like SI Deluxe.. it's too hard! :lol: I don't like that the invaders split on level 2, and the shots come down a lot faster on level 2 as well. SI Part 2 had a much more casual difficulty progression :)

Anyway.. I kept making dumb mistakes. 8900 is my score after 2 tries tonight.

.INP file attached as well.

post-31-1233301854_thumb.png

NE_invdlx.zip

Had another run. I'm still rusty, but now I remember why I don't like SI Deluxe.. it's too hard! :lol: I don't like that the invaders split on level 2, and the shots come down a lot faster on level 2 as well. SI Part 2 had a much more casual difficulty progression :)

Anyway.. I kept making dumb mistakes. 8900 is my score after 2 tries tonight.

.INP file attached as well.

Showoff! :D

I dunno if I will be able to get out of last place by tomorrow! :(

post-9830-1233368139_thumb.png

Well, you're beating me (again!). ;)

I haven't been able to touch 2,000 since I posted my last score. I gave it an effort, but I'm awful at Space Invader style games... like Space Invaders! :D

I haven't been able to touch 2,000 since I posted my last score. I gave it an effort, but I'm awful at Space Invader style games... like Space Invaders! :D

Well ya know... I am unemployed...so I have LOTS of spare time to play.

Sorry to hear that. :(

As of 5:30 PM yesterday, I am too... I lost my job of 9 years back in September, so I've been doing IT support working through a temp company for the last 4 months, but my assignment ended yesterday. So now I'm waiting for my next assignment or to hear from one of the other jobs I've applied for, but with 10.2% unemployment up here there's lots of competition. My wife works at a flower wholesale company, so I'm going to get some under-the-table work during the week before Valentines Day.

As of 5:30 PM yesterday, I am too... I lost my job of 9 years back in September, so I've been doing IT support working through a temp company for the last 4 months, but my assignment ended yesterday. So now I'm waiting for my next assignment or to hear from one of the other jobs I've applied for, but with 10.2% unemployment up here there's lots of competition. My wife works at a flower wholesale company, so I'm going to get some under-the-table work during the week before Valentines Day.

I understand... I moved here almost a year ago... and have been looking off and on ever since. Bad thing about looking for a job in a new place is no one can vouche for ya. The SO lost his job a week ago as of yesterday. Fortunately we stockpiled a whole bunch of stuff while he was still making money. I think we will be alright... but he has been doing contract work too for quite sometime. It is just hard these days.

Good luck in your search, and I do hope all works out for you and your family!

I understand... I moved here almost a year ago... and have been looking off and on ever since. Bad thing about looking for a job in a new place is no one can vouche for ya. The SO lost his job a week ago as of yesterday. Fortunately we stockpiled a whole bunch of stuff while he was still making money. I think we will be alright... but he has been doing contract work too for quite sometime. It is just hard these days.

Good luck in your search, and I do hope all works out for you and your family!

Thank you! I hope everything works for you as well!

In the meantime, I can live for at least a year off of my home equity loan that was almost paid off! :D

In the meantime, I can live for at least a year off of my home equity loan that was almost paid off! :D

Thanks a bunch! If we can't find something productive in the very near future... we are going back to my hometown. At least we can live with my parents for awhile, if we have to. ;) Not really... but I guess stranger things have happened. :)

Take care! I will be thinking about you and your family for sure. :) (and try not to beat me too bad on all these video games... I am just a girl!!!)

Thanks a bunch! If we can't find something productive in the very near future... we are going back to my hometown. At least we can live with my parents for awhile, if we have to. ;) Not really... but I guess stranger things have happened. :)

Take care! I will be thinking about you and your family for sure. :) (and try not to beat me too bad on all these video games... I am just a girl!!!)

Oh, yeah... I've done the moving in with family thing... not fun! :)

Good luck with everything! I'll be hoping for the best for you... and I'll try and take it easy on you with these video games... I might even let you beat me 2 out of the last 3 weeks! ;)

... and I'll try and take it easy on you with these video games... I might even let you beat me 2 out of the last 3 weeks! ;)

Oh, you are just TOO KIND!!!! hehehehehe

... and I'll try and take it easy on you with these video games... I might even let you beat me 2 out of the last 3 weeks! ;)

It's my nature! :D

hahaha... you are such a guy! :D

I'm beginning to detect a bit of sarcasm... ;) :D :(

oh come on now, you can handle some ribbing from little ol' me! :) But yes... I have to admit, sarcasm can be my friend! :)

oh come on now, you can handle some ribbing from little ol' me! :) But yes... I have to admit, sarcasm can be my friend! :)

Hmm... actually, I didn't intend the " :( " to be in there... I must have tapped my trackpad moving the mouse over the emoticons. :dunce:

You have to be careful with things like that... rumor has it that a very similar accidental "clicking" started the "Battle of Lexington". :)

And, yes I can can handle some ribbing from little ol' you... I don't offend easily! Lord, knows I've been known to dish out the sarcasm myself. :D :cool:

Hmm... actually, I didn't intend the " :( " to be in there... I must have tapped my trackpad moving the mouse over the emoticons. :dunce:

You have to be careful with things like that... rumor has it that a very similar accidental "clicking" started the "Battle of Lexington". :)

And, yes I can can handle some ribbing from little ol' you... I don't offend easily! Lord, knows I've been known to dish out the sarcasm myself. :D :cool:

haha... you are too funny! Good... now that we have that all settled, I don't feel so bad thinkin' I hurt your wittle feelers! Anyway... good luck in Kung Fu Master... you are gonna need it! ;)

Edited by JellE

haha... you are too funny! Good... now that we have that all settled, I don't feel so bad thinkin' I hurt your wittle feelers! Anyway... good luck in Kung Fu Master... you are gonna need it! ;)

Ha! You're too kind... most people just roll their eyes at my jokes! :)

Good luck to you as well! As soon as I stop sucking at Kung Fu Master... Watch out!

• 4 months later...
Ok, after looking at the two different ROMsets, there is a rather large difference between the two:

Space Invaders Part II: The UFO is worth 500 points, whereas the UFO in S.I.D. is only worth 200. Since there is such a huge difference, and S.I.D. was the game suggested, I'm will only accept scores from the Space Invaders Deluxe ROM. You might need both ROMsets in order to play S.I.D. so search for both.

Some other differences:

Part II is made by Taito and is in color. S.I.D. is made by Midway and is in B&W. Hope this clears up the confusion. More to come soon!

Part II is made by Midway and SID is made by Taito you have it backwards I have a MIDWAY cocktail II space invaders DELUXE motherboard it boots to Part II cause Tatio made Midway cause of a licencing issue make it say PART II although you are correct in that the game roms are swapped in what game you play lame huh..

also on my cocktail cabinet if you push p1 p2 start fire p1 p2 and left right at same time on p1 and p2 control panel the high score changes to made by TAITO! witch is cool ..

ALso i have a question can i just play the REAL thing and get into contest as it would be impossible to cheat..

I have roms D E F G H cause it is deluxe part II the cabinet is a original space invaders and has original glass I did how ever remove power supply and used a old 486 one and soldered it to MB and removed old power supply and use 12v only for the lights then 5v 5v 12v -5v and last 3 gnd and the last one is video composite out so i can unplug screen and hook to vcr if i want to watch tv on my arcade cabinet this is because space invaders uses a b/w sylvania wells gardner screen basicly a b/w tv w out tuner I actually played atari on it once it was cool. But since its a game youre playing here can you start a 2nd round so i can join up I always seem to miss the fun contests..

you can see a picture of it in my avatar..

I just have a general question.

will it be a good idea to attach the rom with the original post? OR you are not allowed to do that.

OR maybe host it somewhere so everyone will have the same rom version

I do that with the 8-bit HSC... but I also have permission from one of the folks from Atarimania, where I get the ROMs. I don't know what the "legality" is of doing that... but it might not be a bad idea, if we could do that too.

unless you plan to SELL the roms you probably Wont have Taito on youre butt but they still own the © and Mikes arcade

sells multi invader rom boards but they are only for use on Real Midway invader boards since youre all playing for informational and educational purposesses and not selling the roms for use on Real Hardware witch comes to a thought about PAcman roms on Ebay witch are COPYS and are ONLY for use for REAL pacman Midway boards witch means unless you are making BOOTLEG original Midway pcb's I wouldnot worry a bit about posting mame roms for Space invaders BESIDES I if i ever get a usb burner could use some new games to play on my Real hardware the game play is totally differnt on a Midway pcb than mame cause when they go left they go slower than when they go right witch means when they go DOWN they go faster since Space invaders actually write sprites sideways on the tv meaning if you want to play correctly hook computer to youre tv then input mame.exe c:\invaders invaders -soundcard 1 -noscanlines -rol 1 -skip_gameinfo -skip_disclaimer -double and enjoy...

i actually hooked my arcade cabinet to my tv once to see what it looked like

it was cool .

I also wonder why mame never implemented the PRESET MODE game witch i think is actually cheating so with preset mode shut off and chip b2 pin 5 a real tilt instead of shorting center tap of transformer to gnd all you have to do is gnd pin 6 on sound card on left side and it boots! so lets start A NOTHER high score contest.. starting w 2 credits NO TAX NEEDED its a 1 player game twice1!!! 2 credits best of both games 1 player then after 2 credits lets see how many more credits and what the high score is before we all get sleepy when someone responds and i respond to it then contest will start it will be unoficiall unless the mod of this contest wants to start a nother SI contest THEN onto SSI. but that would be harder cause in the Rainbow foods we always used to give player's quarters and get change for them to keep them going I remember at least 10 boards on SI on real game.. on SI DELUXE PART II MIDWAY version i played to past 5000 points just to get into high score table!!!!! also to fix sounds the 330pF caps and the 470pF caps require you to play wilst soldereing capacitors on to see sounds makes fixing a pain in the butt but remember pin 13 on main chip does a hold function I spent $400 on pcb boards on ebay to fix my machine had space encounter running once but sold off chips and fixed someone elses board once..