IGNORED

Rampage - Season 4 Week 23

vdub_bobby

Another coin-op conversion, this time a game people actually had heard of! Let's play Rampage!

Post a score and let's get this thing rolling!

Please post any tips you may have - best tip gets 1 bonus point. No continues - only games played from the beginning count!

And if anyone has a link to the manual, please post it.

This week's competition ends in a week on Thursday (January 29th) at approximately evening sometime PST. Sorry to be so tardy.

This week's scores:

140,100 LarcenTyler (+10 pts +1 for best tip)

128,700 darthkur (+8 pts)

70,800 vdub_bobby (+6 pts)

Twin Galaxies High Scores

3,329,800 Andrew D Furrer

1,278,400 Graham Ogilvie

720,300 John Barrett

Standings

1. darkthur (186 pts)

2. vdub_bobby (100 pts)

3. LarcenTyler (93 pts)

4. Wickeycolumbus (70 pts)

5. Jess Ragan (57 pts)

6. RJ (22 pts)

7. aikainnet (20 pts)

8. shadow460 (11 pts)

9. atari2600land (10 pts)

9. Shannon (10 pts)

11. Atari5200 (8 pts)

11. figgler (8 pts)

13. Jibbajaba (4 pts)

13. gdement (4 pts)

13. ClassicGMR (4 pts)

16. ratfink (2 pts)

Game Info

Coin-op original released in 1986 by Bally Midway, ported to the NES by Data East in 1988.

Other platforms: Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Apple II, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 8-bit, Atari ST, Commodore 64, DOS, Lynx, SEGA Master System, TRS-80 CoCo, ZX Spectrum

Prequels/sequels/spinoffs: Rampage: World Tour (1997 coin-op, Game Boy Color, Nintendo 64, PlayStation, SEGA Saturn, Windows), Rampage 2: Universal Tour (1999 Game Boy Color, Nintendo 64, PlayStation), Rampage Through Time (2000 PlayStation), Rampage Puzzle Attack (2001 Game Boy Advance), PaperBoy / Rampage (2005 Game Boy Advance), and Rampage: Total Destruction (2006 GameCube, PlayStation 2, Wii)

Tips

LarcenTyler:

-Only one building can fall at a time. So if one building is falling when you damage another building enough for it to fall, you can still do some extra damage before it starts to go down to rubble.

-The bombs won't explode (generally) untill the soldier who set them has left the screen, so take advantage of this time frame to try to destroy it before the bomb goes off. If you have enough health, you can eat the bomb, but expect some bad heartburn! ;)

-When you see a tank, walk towards it, but DON'T jump! Just walk towards it without stopping, and for the most part their shots should go right over you.

-You can always survive a fall from any height as long as you jump first.

-When you see a civilian sticking out of a window begging for help, help them out... and then eat them, as they're worth good health! Also, remember to take advantage of the search bonuses at the end of every week. When you see the health item, eat it immediately. It may not show up right away so keep punching untill you see it, whether in the newest hole or another one.

Edited by vdub_bobby

An old favorite of mine as well as my mother's. I remember the nights we stayed up playing this for hours on end! Sure, no Ralph, but with unlimited continues, George and Lizzy would tear up the United States nonstop.

Some tips to remember:

-Only one building can fall at a time. So if one building is falling when you damage another building enough for it to fall, you can still do some extra damage before it starts to go down to rubble.

-The bombs won't explode (generally) untill the soldier who set them has left the screen, so take advantage of this time frame to try to destroy it before the bomb goes off. If you have enough health, you can eat the bomb, but expect some bad heartburn! ;)

-When you see a tank, walk towards it, but DON'T jump! Just walk towards it without stopping, and for the most part their shots should go right over you.

-You can always survive a fall from any height as long as you jump first.

-When you see a civilian sticking out of a window begging for help, help them out... and then eat them, as they're worth good health! Also, remember to take advantage of the search bonuses at the end of every week. When you see the health item, eat it immediately. It may not show up right away so keep punching untill you see it, whether in the newest hole or another one.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

post-41089-0-53072600-1421200408_thumb.png

This is the second time I've ever tried to see how far I could get without reverting back to human form. This attempt went a hell of a lot better than the first. I made it to the 25th day. I almost died a few times, but got bailed out by the search bonus.

The enemy that shoots a photograph of you is the one that was doing most of the damage to me. I don't know how to consistently avoid it. I think I just got lucky the 2 or 3 times that I didn't get hit. It takes off so much of your energy when it gets you. And it's what ended my run.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...