IGNORED

Resident Evil 5 Demo

Mendon

RE5 is pretty damn sweet. Looks great, seemed a bit claustrophobic though.

Unfortunately with my huge "To Play" queue, it'll probably be awhile before I get to it.

It'll delete itself after a week, won't it?

I mean the actual game. I played the demo. Good stuff.

I found the controls a bit awkward.

I felt the same way...although I've found all the RE games had weird control so I figured it was par for the course. (I didn't play RE4)

I do know the girl in this latest version is HOT!!! Zombie Apocalypse or not, I'd be putting the moves on her every chance I got.

I sort of liked the demo. Looked really good and the controls didn't bother me. But it didn't blow me away.... maybe the hype for the game is leading me to expect too much.

But something about the demo seemed....... familiar ..... and for quite some time I couldn't put my finger on it. Then suddenly it hit me..... I swear the scenario I was playing in the demo re-creates the megaphone part of the movie Black Hawk Down, even down to a sort of grainy graphic presentation!

Not sure if this is a Must Buy or a Rental for me.

Mendon

It was okay for me, but not great. I found myself surrounded by enemies quite often, and I found myself being attacked by off-screen zombies a lot. I'm not 100%, but it sure seems like the camera is more zoomed in on your character in 5 than on 4, which would contribute to the problem. The controls seemed twitchy, but that's probably just due to it being a demo and not having time to really sync with them. I also didn't like how the game doesn't pause when you're manipulating your items. Sure it's more realistic, but I like having time to think about what I want to do. It feels like a generic action game, not a RE title. Again, that could very well be just because the demo doesn't show you much. Graphics and audio are top notch.

I'm on the fence on this one. Even though I'm a huge fan of the series and I've thoroughly enjoyed every game in it, I think this is getting Gamefly'd and not purchased.

You have to be a Gold Member to download the demo.
Not anymore. Edited by BydoEmpire

• 2 weeks later...

The demo was pretty decent I thought. I really wish they'd bring back the old zombies. They looked amazing in RE and RE0 on the Gamecube. I really wish they'd let you aim and shoot while moving too. Even so I think the co-op alone would be worth buying which I'm pretty sure it can be played split screen as well.

Edited by xenomorpher

The demo was pretty decent I thought. I really wish they'd bring back the old zombies. They looked amazing in RE and RE0 on the Gamecube. I really wish they'd let you aim and shoot while moving too. Even so I think the co-op alone would be worth buying which I'm pretty sure it can be played split screen as well.

I know I'm in the vast, vast minority of gamers, but I also wish that RE would return more to its Survival Horror days instead of the Action Horror RE4/RE5 days. Don't get me wrong.... I completely enjoyed RE4 and think its a great, great game. But it just wasn't the same as playing RE, REZero, RE2, RE3, and RE: CV and RE5 seems to be moving even farther away from the Survival Horror element of the older days. And that might be why the demo just didn't blow me away.

Right now, RE5 is a rental, not a purchase for me. Maybe after playing it some I'll want to own it, but after playing the demo I still don't think RE5 will pack the WOW and fear factor of the earlier RE games.

Mendon

• 2 weeks later...
I also wish that RE would return more to its Survival Horror days instead of the Action Horror RE4/RE5 days. Don't get me wrong.... I completely enjoyed RE4 and think its a great, great game. But it just wasn't the same as playing RE, REZero, RE2, RE3, and RE: CV and RE5 seems to be moving even farther away from the Survival Horror element of the older days. And that might be why the demo just didn't blow me away.

Ditto.

The RE5 demo totally killed the series for me. Shame Capcom is (in my opinion) ruining a great franchise turning the series into something it's not. Aw well, atleast I got all the "propper" RE games on the GameCube. Speaking of which, I think I'm going to go fire up RE Zero right now. I can't recall ever having so much fun playing a game before as I did with that.

I also wish that RE would return more to its Survival Horror days instead of the Action Horror RE4/RE5 days. Don't get me wrong.... I completely enjoyed RE4 and think its a great, great game. But it just wasn't the same as playing RE, REZero, RE2, RE3, and RE: CV and RE5 seems to be moving even farther away from the Survival Horror element of the older days. And that might be why the demo just didn't blow me away.

Ditto.

The RE5 demo totally killed the series for me. Shame Capcom is (in my opinion) ruining a great franchise turning the series into something it's not. Aw well, atleast I got all the "propper" RE games on the GameCube. Speaking of which, I think I'm going to go fire up RE Zero right now. I can't recall ever having so much fun playing a game before as I did with that.

Thirded. RE isn't really survival horror anymore. I miss that.