IGNORED

Who got this Asterix...

pinball22

You know Mexico and Venezuala have each killed the value of formerly rare games. Venezuala with Motorodeo, and Ikari warriors (Found stuff by the boat load.) And Mexico with Quadrun and Asterix. There was not a huge find but rather it seems Quadrun and Asterix are mearly more common in Mexico. My guess is the Asterix is still an awesome deal as there probably is not more than 12 to 15 found in total. But the way they are finding them in Mexico that number will surely jump in the future. I think 6 have been found in the past year alone.

You know Mexico and Venezuala have each killed the value of formerly rare games. Venezuala with Motorodeo, and Ikari warriors (Found stuff by the boat load.) And Mexico with Quadrun and Asterix. There was not a huge find but rather it seems Quadrun and Asterix are mearly more common in Mexico. My guess is the Asterix is still an awesome deal as there probably is not more than 12 to 15 found in total. But the way they are finding them in Mexico that number will surely jump in the future. I think 6 have been found in the past year alone.

Still there's only 15 found in total, so i would expect taht it should be getting far higher prices, even if 6 of the 15 were found in the last year. Any idea why these are selling so low?

Albert need to change this from a rarity "P" to a R9 or R10

Asterix is a clear 10, I wouldn't listen to homer, there are more Cubicolor's and Atlantis II carts in peoples collections than Asterix. I believe that a lot of people are afraid that they may be PAL and the hand full from Mexico were all in really bad shape.

Asterix is a clear 10, I wouldn't listen to homer, there are more Cubicolor's and Atlantis II carts in peoples collections than Asterix. I believe that a lot of people are afraid that they may be PAL and the hand full from Mexico were all in really bad shape.

I figured that was the case. This one was in good condition though, apart form the end label which can be replaced from a PAL cart (the non-P end label ones)

I could of swore I read somewhere that a case of NTSC Asterix games was sold to collectors many years ago, they were new and un opened. I thought that was true at least but maybe I am wrong?

There were 6 sealed games that were sold to collectors from the programmer if I remember correctly. CPUWIZ has a sealed Asterix himself. I agree with CPUWIZ that at the moment that this game is a rarity 10. Also there are 60 Cubicolors out there and there is still demand for them, so CPUWIZ is right on that account. Even though about 6 have come from Mexico in the past year, I still don't see this game ever having higher numbers than Cubicolor at least in this century. The only reason why Cubicolor seems so rare is that it is extremely hard to get. Collectors own Cubicolor and that's it. Collectors are usually hard pressed to sell their stuff. The only reason Asterix seems more common is because it is trickling out of Mexico and is easier to get at the moment. I also agree that the PAL factor is keeping the price down. If people used some common sense they would realize that these are NTSC. There is a reason that no one has said "Hey these are PAL!!!", and that is because they are NTSC. And there is a reason that they have not said "Hey this is NTSC" Thats because they don't want people in on the goldmine that is comming from this country.

Edited by homerwannabee

Its a R9 as there is more than 3 known :D

ROM :ponder:

No, but an iron follower...... ;) :D

No, but an iron follower...... ;) :D

It isn't even an R10 according to Marco's definition ;)

I could of swore I read somewhere that a case of NTSC Asterix games was sold to collectors many years ago, they were new and un opened.

I thought Steve had a case, and a case is 12...?

I was there when Steve handed over the first one at CGE to Kris (Queen of the Felines @ DP) for the princely sum of $150. She had done a deal with him prior to the show to obtain it. And then cue ruckus (go search for the threads) when hardly anyone believed her it was actually NTSC and she opened it up to test...

I could of swore I read somewhere that a case of NTSC Asterix games was sold to collectors many years ago, they were new and un opened.

I was there when Steve handed over the first one at CGE to Kris (Queen of the Felines @ DP) for the princely sum of $150. She had done a deal with him prior to the show to obtain it. And then cue ruckus (go search for the threads) when hardly anyone believed her it was actually NTSC and she opened it up to test...

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think you're right and it was 12 that he had. So add the 6 found in Mexico and about 2 others found in Canada and you have about 20 now. Still that is around the rarity range of super holy grails of Pepsi Invaders and Video Life.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think you're right and it was 12 that he had. So add the 6 found in Mexico and about 2 others found in Canada and you have about 20 now. Still that is around the rarity range of super holy grails of Pepsi Invaders and Video Life.

A case of Asterix contains six games. Steve signed the shipping case and sent it to me along with a signed boxed Asterix.

I still think a stash of these are going to be found eventually. Atari simply did not do a run of 12 NTSC Asterix's (or any other commercially produced game for that matter). Then again, who knows how long it will be or if the stash even exists anymore.

Tempest

A case of Asterix contains six games. Steve signed the shipping case and sent it to me along with a signed boxed Asterix.

When Steve brought me my sealed copy to my house, he told me where they came from, do you know? :D

When Steve brought me my sealed copy to my house, he told me where they came from, do you know? :D

Yes, he wrote that on the shipping case.