IGNORED

2600 Emulator PC in 5200 case :)

PacManPlus

Hello All!

It's finally finished!

I noticed a while back some company took the mini-itx board and put them in 2600, NES, and other classic cases. I had already had my idea for the 5200 case - it just took me a long time to find a non-working 5200 :(

I wasn't sure which forum to put this in (it has a 2600, 5200, and 7800 emulator in it), but being that I made it so you can use 2600 controllers with it, I guessed here.

I have some pics below (if anyone's interested), although the pictures of the open top are a little difficult to make out...

The motherboard is dead center, with the power supply behind it. the 2.5" hard drive is underneath the motherboard. To the left is the keyboard encoder (IPAC) needed to emulate the two 2600 joystick inputs, and to the right is the Intellivision adapter which plugs into the Parallel port. It all fit!! :)

I put a big fan where the flip top is, and you can plug s-video or composite in with audio connections as well. There is also an external keyboard connector, although you cannot see it from the pictures...

All in all, this emulates the 2600, 5200, 7800, Odyssey2, Intellivision, NES, and Arcade games (and yes, I have all of those consoles - I'm working on the arcade games) ;)

The buttons on top are for ESC, START, SELECT, and PAUSE.

What do you think?

post-1787-1031872761_thumb.jpg

It handles well so far, but I have not played it for long periods of time yet (I'm still setting up 'Game Launcher' as the front end for the emulators). I hope the fan is powerful enough to keep it cool...

I've since added Vectrex to the list of emulators (oh well, time to make a new front label) :/

I may also add Quake - just for fun :)

Thanks everyone!