IGNORED

Any Punch-Out! Fans?

I love NES Punch-Out! as well. I've spent many an hour with that game. I love how you get "in the zone" when you're fighting Tyson (or Mr. Dream if you have that version). It's the same zone I get in when playing Kaboom!

I have the SNES Punch-Out and I've played up to the Bruce Lee lookalike. This one doesn't feel like it has the same magic or charm as the NES version. Maybe it's the un-memorable music (does it even have music?) and sound effects. Gotta give it more playtime...

I remember playing the Arcade Punch-Out back in the day. Don't think I ever made it past Glass Joe, though.

Mike Tyson's Punch Out! is my favorite boxing game, period. It was just so fun back then and still gets tons of play nowadays. I never got to play Super Punch-Out! as much because I never bought back then and only rented it. It's hard as hell to find nowadays in the wild. I never played it enough to see if it would eclipse the original. I know for a fact, though, that the characters weren't as memorable. The characters from MT's Punch-Out have all become icons in their own right.

Hi guys,

I used to read the Nintendo Comics System back in 1990. I used to read the Punch-out!! comics so much, that I used to tell my friends what were in the bubbles even before they read it. They only made 3 of them with Glass Joe, Piston Honda, and Super Macho Man. King Hippo was with the Captain N series.

I wished that they made more of them. In fact, I wished Nintendo did another Punch-out game in general.

Anthony....

Mike Tyson's Punch Out! is my favorite boxing game, period. It was just so fun back then and still gets tons of play nowadays. I never got to play Super Punch-Out! as much because I never bought back then and only rented it. It's hard as hell to find nowadays in the wild. I never played it enough to see if it would eclipse the original. I know for a fact, though, that the characters weren't as memorable. The characters from MT's Punch-Out have all become icons in their own right.

Hi,

When I fight Mike Tyson, I always listen to the song "I think I can beat Mike Tyson" by Will Smith. That song and MT's Punch-out!! was also featured in I love the 80's 3D of 1988.

Anthony....

Hi guys,

I used to read the Nintendo Comics System back in 1990. I used to read the Punch-out!! comics so much, that I used to tell my friends what were in the bubbles even before they read it. They only made 3 of them with Glass Joe, Piston Honda, and Super Macho Man. King Hippo was with the Captain N series.

I wished that they made more of them. In fact, I wished Nintendo did another Punch-out game in general.

Anthony....

hey bro,there is a new punch-out game coming out for wii.also,im a huge fan of the nes & arcade game.

Hi guys,

Anthony....

hey bro,there is a new punch-out game coming out for wii.also,im a huge fan of the nes & arcade game.

Hi Mark,

ALL RIGHT MARK!! Thanks for the news. You definitely made my day!! By any chance, do you know a good link where I can read more about it?

Anthony....

I hooked up my old SNES about a year or so ago for my son just to show him Super Punchout. He loved it and we played for several nights in a row before disconnecting the system. I'm probably one of the few people who liked the SNES version even more than the original for the NES!

I prefer the original arcade Punch-Out games as well as the SNES game.

I never did like Little Mac. I preferred the generic see-through wireframe boxer you played in the above versions.

Dude!!!!!!

That's pure heresy in my mind!!!! Little Mac was the man!!!!!

I prefer the original arcade Punch-Out games as well as the SNES game.

I never did like Little Mac. I preferred the generic see-through wireframe boxer you played in the above versions.

Dude!!!!!!

That's pure heresy in my mind!!!! Little Mac was the man!!!!!

Little Mac..... The Man, The Myth, The Legend.

He's the Bronx's answer to Brooklyn's Mario Bros. Take that Brooklyn (-_^)

Anthony....

I used to love the arcade Punch-Out. I could always clear Glass Joe, but had a hard time with Piston Hurricane. I guess Bald Bull was next and he always kicked my ass.

I was initially disappointed the the NES version was quite a bit different than the arcade version, but have certainly grown to love it. It would certainly be in my top 10 NES games of all time. Maybe the top 5.

I've still never defeated Tyson. OR Mr. Dream!

I remember it as NES's Mike Tyson's Punch Out,fantastic game.Anyone defeated Tyson?Mike Tyson,was left out of the next production of punch out due to legal issues,the rape charge, IIRC.The ones with his name on the box should be worth a bundle shouldn't they?

Edited by Rik

Hi guys,

Anybody here on Atariage a fan of the Nintendo Punch-Out!! Franchise?

I love it to the fullest extent. From the Arcades, to the home consoles (even the Arm-Wrestling spin-off). I gotta support Little Mac. My homeboy from the Bronx, NY.

Anthony....

One of my favorites, I can't wait for the new Wii version coming soon :cool: