IGNORED

"New" Sunrise titles for ColecoVision...

ten-four

Hi all your gamers... :)

I have received this e-mail from an Italian guy.

Maybe it has your interest, as i understand it are they all new in boxes. -5 titles.

Dear Sir

compliments for the website

I am a 41 y.o. consoles collector.

Last December I bought an entire stock of NEW Sunrise carts from the old Sunries italian importer.

I have all 5 titles in silver boxes.

All carts come in a small carton box that contain 6 carts of same title.

All boxes are boxed in a bigger carton box that includes 24 of the smaller boxes.

All boxes, big and smaller, have the SUNRISE logo.

Boxes were sent by air mail to Italy, Rome area, in July 1984 as per readable traces on the carton boxes.

I have more than 2000 carts, approx 400 per each released title.

A lot I am selling to friends and to Italian/European collectors but I would like to sell to USA.

I have no time for Ebay etc. so please note I can also sell to you directly or you can sell for me and I can pay you some form of commission.

Please check whether these carts can be of interest to Coleco fans and we will find an agreement.

Photos are available if you interested.

Wait for your comments.

Best regards.

MILANO METALLI - milanometalli@msn.com

the 5 carts...I sell them at approx. 45 - 50 euro each, let me have yr. proposal for all 5 lots, shipping cost not included.

have a nice day

MAX

Then it's up to you about the interest in the games above.

Send him an e-mail, perhaps you can negotiate a price. (he has lots of them).

EDIT: e-mail

Edited by ten-four

400 copies of each Sunrise title released, and he's hoping to get 40-50 Euro per title? I'm thinking this is not going to happen. Maybe 50 Euro per set of 5. I'll shoot him an email and try to explain why the enormity of the stash might seriously impact the value thereof.

That seems like a lot of money for the Sunrise titles. I would be hesitant dealing with him unless others have dealt with him.

If he has 400 copies of each game the value of these just went way down. I know that Telegames UK had some of these and then their supply was sold to the game dealer in Florida. I don't know how many copies that the have but between the two you would have to think that these games aren't worth much anymore.

Yep, if he has 400 games from each 5 titles, will rarity drop significantly.

And if there are suddenly 2000 more of these games on the market, prices should not be what he demands.

He could sell much more if the price is around € 20 each.

They are over 20 years, but still "new" i box...

The problem is shipping to and from Italy sucks total balls!

LOL.

-----

Seriously, yes it is costly. And that price is wishful thinking on that volume. It's a very typical situation. He could leach one or two out a month and get that much, but it would take forever. If he wanted to sell 2000 games, he'd be lucky to get someone to throw down $5k for entire the lot at once. Then again, he could probably sell 1000 games for $5k. It's just that knowing there are so many out there makes prices very likely to plummet. This is a super long term investment.

Knowing what was posted above, any perspective buyer will be waiting for the price to drop. The worst thing that happened to this guy and his Sunrise party is your posting this email publically. And it's the best thing that happened to collectors that might be interested.

I would also suggest that if these are international boxes and/or carts that the market just halved or less. Not because all US collectors don't want int'l stuff, but because a significant amount don't want it.

Let me posit my latest brilliant hypothesis here first: "Collectibles markets are unsustainable."

I am with ianoid.

Of course it would be great for Max if he could sell 400 copies x 5 titles x 50 Euros = 100,000 Euros, but that's an illusion.

I don't think that there are 400 "hardcore" Colecovision collectors out there, so there is no demand for 400 copies so in fact they are almost worthless ;-)

Of course the first ones will sell for good money, but I will be waiting until I get them for 5 to maximum 10 Euros per title.

Hi... :)

I think that he is about to find someone who will buy the big volume as he has for sale.

"I found some customers for big lots now to USA. When, may be, some games will remain unsold we will see.

Massimiliano"

So maybe the many Sunrise games could be acquired by a known seller of retro games, who knows...

Hi... :)

I think that he is about to find someone who will buy the big volume as he has for sale.

"I found some customers for big lots now to USA. When, may be, some games will remain unsold we will see.

Massimiliano"

So maybe the many Sunrise games could be acquired by a known seller of retro games, who knows...

Wouldn't be surprised if atari2600.com bought him out.

• 2 weeks later...
And only for European bidders..

Because the seller only wants payment via bank transfer.

It's too bad that's typically quite expensive for those of us living in the US. I've done it a few times in the past and have paid my stupid bank upwards of $50 for the privilege.

I know...that's what I told the seller when he showed up here.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=138517

Hence the Europe-only auction.

These are in the European silver box. Why would anyone here in the United States want them anyway? I was hoping these were yellow box US releases, but his auction dashed those hopes.

Okay, I'm confused now. At first I thought the silver box were the initial releases, and the yellow box were the later, cheaper releases. Then PingvinBlueJeans tells me it is the other way around, and now you are saying that the silver boxes were European releases, so what is it? Out of the silver and yellow boxes I have, I see nothing that distinguishes one from another in terms of release location. Also, I've never seen a yellow box release of Mountain King.

These are in the European silver box. Why would anyone here in the United States want them anyway? I was hoping these were yellow box US releases, but his auction dashed those hopes.

Okay, I'm confused now. At first I thought the silver box were the initial releases, and the yellow box were the later, cheaper releases. Then PingvinBlueJeans tells me it is the other way around, and now you are saying that the silver boxes were European releases, so what is it? Out of the silver and yellow boxes I have, I see nothing that distinguishes one from another in terms of release location. Also, I've never seen a yellow box release of Mountain King.

I am open to hearing other opinions, but all of the ads for these games in Electronic Games magazines from the time always showed the boxes in the yellow version. The only silver box versions I have seen were either from European sellers or from French-speaking Canada. As such, I was always under the impression that the silver box versions were for export even though they are mechanically identical to the yellow box US versions.

Here's one. I know there are others out there that show the other yellow boxes...

http://www.tomheroes.com/Video%20Games%20F...ads/sunrise.htm

My Campaign '84 is silver/grey-- it's from the 80's with the original Children's Palace price sticker on it still. My Rolloverture is Yellow... my guess/gut feeling is the post crash games were yellow boxed.

Hi there

yes, glasnost first, I know, it was not a good idea to inform you all that I have more than 2000 Sunrise carts for Colecovision but I am a videogamer more than a collector so no reason to tell you lies.

The reason I decided to afford such a purchase is because the other lots I will get from that hidden warehouse are of my - and not only mine - big big interest....

Back to Sunrise carts

Actually I sold a big lot to a U.S. collector that prefer to not be mentioned.

Another interesting lot I will sell to Germany to a stockist specialized to retrogaming.

A lot of other games I only sold to friends and some italian/european collector through european websites.

If I only sell to European Ebayers is - see other forum, same subject - only because shipping to US too expensive through italian mail and then because the ratio USD/Eur not too favourable for US collectors. Other reason I would prefer to avoid Paypal, I always use as Buyer, but not so good for selling because of too much burocracy when transfer money to my bank... .

I need not to sell all games in a short period but true have not a real warehouse where to stock all items.

These carts arrived to Italy from Sunrise on July, 1984, as original labels on the carton boxes show, when US market was already collapsing but Colecovision was here still selling well and Adam was just promoted beg. of same year.

As colecovision collector I can confirm the silver boxes were the ones officially sold to Europe, with some exceptions in France, so I suppose silver boxes were following the yellow ones.

Please note I can also trade some carts with other stuff concerning magazines of the 80's made in US or carts for fwg. systems : Arcadia 2001, Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex, jap famicom.

Kind regards from Milano, Italy, Axis

MAX