IGNORED

HSC 6 Contest 3: Mr. Robot and His Robot Factory

JellE

I wonder if the game starts over after 'V.' I'm sure someone will find out during the next 2 weeks.

Have just beaten the game :twisted: played it twice through and then decided to retire as it doesn't get any harder and there are just too many extra men... Miner at least had faster mutants to keep the interest... Might play Mr Robot II next week. Let me know if you fancy a sub contest :?:

567,280 (after the bonus)

post-19705-1233854670_thumb.jpg

I went one step further. I decided to see if the game adds a 7th digit for hitting 1 million. It didn't, so I rolled the score and quit after that. The first screenshot is on the bonus round, right before rolling it. The 2nd is right after rolling it.

I think I played through all the levels 3 times and that was the 4th bonus round when I finally rolled it.

post-9712-1234065037_thumb.png

post-9712-1234065043_thumb.png

I went one step further. I decided to see if the game adds a 7th digit for hitting 1 million. It didn't, so I rolled the score and quit after that. The first screenshot is on the bonus round, right before rolling it. The 2nd is right after rolling it.

I think I played through all the levels 3 times and that was the 4th bonus round when I finally rolled it.

Wow.... just wow!!! Congrats!!!

I wonder who else can "break" a million! :ponder: hahaha

I wonder who else can "break" a million! :ponder: hahaha

Not me. Currently I lose all my lifes at Level "O". :(

post-21666-1234098160_thumb.png

Yeah, I can't quite get beyond "C"... this wasn't a game I ever played before this competition... but I suppose practice makes perfect! ;)

That's what I was trying to do, but that screen L got me too many times. Any easier pattern for this screen?

post-12094-1234122691_thumb.jpg

If you once found out, how to solve a level it is rather easy. The problem then is the timing. I personally can´t play it very well in the emulator because keyboard control sucks. But played on the real hardware with a Competition Pro 5000 control is great.

But I still didn´t beat "O"... have to play more. Perhaps I make through all levels before the competition ends. If there just weren´t that damn thing called "work" which keeps me away from playing... ;-)

I just tried Mr. Robot II. Wow! That's a tough one! :)

Hi, do you guys want to settle the places for those who have beaten A-V on Mr Robot II or do you want to share the points :?: P-l-e-a-s-e don't make me play through the screens a zillion times... not that I'm taking the contest to be the greatest Atari 8-bit games player in the world too seriously :rolling:

p.s. A big welcome to all the new participants ;)

Edited by therealbountybob

If you once found out, how to solve a level it is rather easy. The problem then is the timing. I personally can´t play it very well in the emulator because keyboard control sucks. But played on the real hardware with a Competition Pro 5000 control is great.

But I still didn´t beat "O"... have to play more. Perhaps I make through all levels before the competition ends. If there just weren´t that damn thing called "work" which keeps me away from playing... ;-)

Okay. I also tried playing Starleage baseball once on emulator and normally I always win that game against the machine but I could not do so on emulator because of the controls and couldn't get used to the timing of the fastballs.

I wonder if someone can flip the scoreboard in Starleage baseball in 9 innings. That would be really tough to do against the computer.

I just tried Mr. Robot II. Wow! That's a tough one! :)

Hi, do you guys want to settle the places for those who have beaten A-V on Mr Robot II or do you want to share the points :?: P-l-e-a-s-e don't make me play through the screens a zillion times... not that I'm taking the contest to be the greatest Atari 8-bit games player in the world too seriously :rolling:

p.s. A big welcome to all the new participants ;)

We will be going by actual points for this round, not by levels. I have been talking to Goochman about some of "his" levels, and I might throw in a bonus for Valentine's day. We will have to see how many are interested in that.