IGNORED

HSC 6 Contest 3: Mr. Robot and His Robot Factory

JellE

Great game, great scores, however this game has the problem on screen J that the playr can stay playing forever there and getting always a new "life".

This can of tricks are allowed on this contest?

Devwebcl

I know there are exploits in the game... and unfortunately, there is no way to really police that. I would like to think that everyone is honest enough to not take advantage of this... or at least not to the point it makes the contest no longer fun for anyone.

Great game, great scores, however this game has the problem on screen J that the playr can stay playing forever there and getting always a new "life".

This can of tricks are allowed on this contest?

Devwebcl

I know there are exploits in the game... and unfortunately, there is no way to really police that. I would like to think that everyone is honest enough to not take advantage of this... or at least not to the point it makes the contest no longer fun for anyone.

and that would be mind-numbingly boring!

the point is to have FUN :D

Alright... I am going to run a "side" contest. For anyone interested, you can play Goochman's Mr. Robot, which can be found here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=138523 Post #4. 5 extra points for the 1st place, 4 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 2 for 4th, and 1 for anyone else that participates. This part of the contest will end on Sunday, February 15th at noon. Good luck and have fun!

Wow, things are gettin pretty busy here... Great to see new players as it's much more interesting with regular posts :)

Have had a couple of goes at Mr Goochman on the emulator and must say I like the style of these screens... 110,270 (J) makes my efforts look very cluttered... but they were a long time ago! Am hoping I can use a .XFD the same as an ATR and pull it down using APE to my 130XE...

Bounty

p.s.

Hey Poobah are you sure you would't have a little more fun top of that table :grin:

post-19705-1234384577_thumb.jpg

Edited by therealbountybob

Wow, things are gettin pretty busy here... Great to see new players as it's much more interesting with regular posts :)

Have had a couple of goes at Mr Goochman on the emulator and must say I like the style of these screens... 111,270 (J) makes my efforts look very cluttered... but they were a long time ago! Am hoping I can use a .XFD the same as an ATR and pull it down using APE to my 130XE...

Bounty

p.s.

Hey Poobah are you sure you would't have a little more fun top of that table :grin:

Id like to know if you make it through A-Z - only 1 other person back in the 80s did so - though its not like I had 20 people try ;)

Well here's me thinking this would be easy... 806,850 left a big pile of broken robots on screen U? (the one with the conveyor belts) :twisted: The other scores are for Goochman's screens, still stuck on screen L but think I've sussed what to do for next time :ponder:

post-19705-1234546006_thumb.jpg

Well here's me thinking this would be easy... 806,850 left a big pile of broken robots on screen U? (the one with the conveyor belts) :twisted: The other scores are for Goochman's screens, still stuck on screen L but think I've sussed what to do for next time :ponder:

Nice score. 48,550 was my score in case I don't have time to play another.

this is past the deadline, so if you dont want to count it, that's ok.

not much game time till after 16-March.

post-7524-1234594128_thumb.jpg

That's okay... I forgot to post my final score too... I am in the "giving" mood... since it is Valentine's day and all. I will let it count this time.

Score 143,280 for the bonus round... Got to screen M but blew 4 men :twisted:

Got to level N today; really nice screens with some fiendish traps Goochman :) I notice you have a flooring that is not part of the default construction set, this is also used in Mr Robot II (in which it appears and disappears which is a whole new dimension to the game)... how did you do this?

post-19705-1234620815_thumb.jpg

This is for the Goochman levels

Wow, some of those boards are just evil

Even after you figure it out, the technique leaves no room for error.

(and now you what i did this weekend instead of homework!)

post-7524-1234717066_thumb.jpg

Edited by poobah