IGNORED

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

My old-school Sega fanboy dreams are going to come true with this collection. I was waiting for them to release some of these games on XBLA ala Streets of Rage 2 and Ecco.....but this is even better.

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is set to release Feb. 10 on the 360 and PS3......probably other systems, also.

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle

Alien Storm

Altered Beast

Beyond Oasis

Bonanza Bros.

Columns

Comix Zone

Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head

Dr. Robotnik's MBM

Dynamite Headdy

Ecco the Dolphin

Ecco II: The Tides of Time

E-SWAT

Fatal Labyrinth

Flicky

Gain Ground

Golden Axe I

Golden Axe II

Golden Axe III

Kid Chameleon

Phantasy Star II

Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom

Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium

Ristar

Shining in the Darkness

Shining Force

Shining Force 2

Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master

Sonic 3D Blast

Sonic and Knuckles

Sonic Spinball

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Streets of Rage

Streets of Rage 2

Streets of Rage 3

Super Thunder Blade

Vectorman

Vectorman 2

*Additional games such as Congo Bongo, Zaxxon and others available as unlockables.

Let's hope this complation is better than the Dreamcast Sega Collection. The emulation on that was HORRIFIC. If it's spot on emulation, though, I'm ALL over this one!

Any idea of the price?

I agree.

I bought it and remember playing Streets of Rage on it and was like 'The sound is horrifically shitty'. :D

Let's hope this complation is better than the Dreamcast Sega Collection. The emulation on that was HORRIFIC. If it's spot on emulation, though, I'm ALL over this one!

Any idea of the price?

Sega has had plenty of time fixing it's Genny emulator. I have the PS2 collection and have played these games via Gametap and the emulator for these games is worlds better than the crappy Dreamcast one.

I read that it will be $29.99 and the unlockables will be both Master System and arcade games.

I have the Genesis Collection for PS2 and it has some audio issues (the screaming villagers in Golden Axe, for example?) otherwise I like it. One thing that really bugs me are the loading times. Why does it take so long to load a 1MB game? I can see it taking awhile to load the emulator but wouldn't they just have to load it once? Does it load every time you choose a game?

If they can fix the loading times on these compilations I'd definitely be much more excited about them.

I have the Sega Genesis Collection on my PS2. Very similar to this collection. Also, I still have yet to unlock Zaxxon as one of the bonus games! Very hard to do if I remember?

To unlock Zaxxon, you have to get a Chaos Emerald in Sonic the Hedgehog.

The best way to accomplish this, IMHO, is to keep using the emulator save states every minute or two as you progress. It took me countless retries to finally get that bloody emerald! (And I have not played Sonic since... ;) )

I have the Sega Genesis Collection on my PS2. Very similar to this collection. Also, I still have yet to unlock Zaxxon as one of the bonus games! Very hard to do if I remember?

really? i thought it was quite easy

anywho, instead of playing through a level to get to the bonus stage, use the stage select code (@ the title screen: up,down,left, right... you'll hear a ring, hold A and press start) to select the bonus stage, and keep using that code until you get one.

Getting a chaos emerald in Sonic 1 is one of the easiest things to do in gaming. What are you having difficulty with, maybe we could help? You just have to finish level 1 with 50 rings or more (There's many more rings than that), jump in the golden cricle that appears, and go through the maze to collect the emerald.

Wow! Even though I own many of these on the PS2 Genesis collection (which is 100% awesome in itself) there are several new reasons for me to pick this up...

Shining in the Darkness, Shining Force , Shining Force 2

==> Yee-HAW! I love SF2 in particular, and was thinking of buying it on Wii VC.

Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage 2, Streets of Rage 3

==> As far as I recall, SoR2 and Sor3 haven't made it to prior compliations. Assuming the sound is as good as the original Genny versions, these are great games to play anytime.

*Additional games such as Congo Bongo, Zaxxon and others available as unlockables.

==> On the PS2 Genesis collection, I had an 80's retro geek-gasm finding and playing the coin-op versions of Zaxxon and Vektor. I hope Congo Bongo is indeed on this one because the coin-op version is fun. Also hope Super Zaxxon gets put on there - why not?

Congo Bongo is on there, along with the following unlockables.

Alien Syndrome (arcade)

Altered Beast (arcade)

Fantasy Zone (arcade)

Golden Axe Warrior (Sega Master System)

Phantasy Star (Sega Master System)

Shinobi (arcade)

Space Harrier (arcade)

Zaxxon (arcade)

No Super Zaxxon, though I suspect that one may of been held back for possible DLC or a sequel. It was on the PSP Sega Genesis Collection, so Digital Eclipse has already emulated it and has obviousily ported the emulator already (Same hardware as Zaxxon).

Just in case you weren't aware of it and own a PSP, it had a different set of 5 unlockables compared to the PS2 version. It had Astro Blaster, Congo Bongo, Eliminator, Space Fury, and Super Zaxxon. This compilation only has 3 of the 10 unlockable arcade titles from the PS2/PSP Sega Genesis Collection, so I suspect they may eventually pop up again or they'd of just included them all in this game.

Edited by Atariboy