IGNORED

EotB potential buyer list.

EricDeLee

Confirmed. The save works perfectly. But I am a bit curious about how this is done as there is no battery. Is this some kind of NVRAM chip?

By the way... I am using Lynx I for playing. The cart fits in and the door can be closed.

--

Karri

I am happy you tested that... I didn't know it could fit in a Lynx 1. Unless you got perhaps a different version of this...

• 10 years later...
On 1/30/2021 at 6:17 PM, robbo007 said:

Hi, what's the story on this game? Is it available? Has it been dumped? 

Well, if you go back to the first page and read it all...

The legal status of the title is murky. I've seen a few copies-of-copies being made over the years, and some of them even have the save feature, but reliability is uncertain. There's been no "official" run of the game for over a decade now.

I have it, and it's fine, but Wyvern Tales is excellent and available if you're looking for a quality RPG on the Lynx.

7 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Wyvern Tales is excellent, but it is not available so far as anybody can tell. I signed up on the waitlist on the website a year ago and ended up buying an overpriced copy on eBay.

Well done, feeding the ebay trolls. And buying a "copy" is really the WORST thing you can do. Cheating even the author. Even downloading a rom image and using it in a flashcard is better than "buying an ebay COPY".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sage said:

Well done, feeding the ebay trolls. And buying a "copy" is really the WORST thing you can do. Cheating even the author. Even downloading a rom image and using it in a flashcard is better than "buying an ebay COPY".

In the English language “a copy” is a term referring to one of a number of items produced in a production run. It is a legitimate copy produced by the original author. Illegitimate copies are usually called bootlegs, repros, or counterfeits (depending on who’s calling them).

I didn’t feel great about buying it on eBay, but the author was nowhere to be found on the original thread and I wanted to play the game. People get busy and find other things to do with their time, and especially in the time of covid I understand that. I should have posted here but I was just lurking at the time. At least I didn’t pay too much more than the game has been offered for secondhand on this forum.

Next time I want to play a game that is out of print I will ask to borrow your copy ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ninjabba said:

There's still work being done to create a new batch, but due to the pandemic things have been slowed down a lot.

The plan is to have a new batch available this year.

@Ninjabba Will those of us that registered our email addresses on the website get notification as to when we can preorder a copy of the game?

Have been waiting patiently and refusing to pay the eBay prices at the moment. 

Edited by Laxeybobby
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Laxeybobby said:

@Ninjabba Will those of us that registered our email addresses on the website get notification as to when we can preorder a copy of the game?

Have been waiting patiently and refusing to pay the eBay prices at the moment. 

I will revive the email list soon, its been stale for some years now, and will also announce it on the official thread as well. The next batch should be plenty for everyone to get a copy!

But yeah let's keep this conversation going on the official thread so we don't lose track :)

Edited by Ninjabba

• 1 month later...