IGNORED

From Hi-Tech C to SDCC

newcoleco

* UPATE : New SDK version in progress *

+ ADD : duplicate_pattern();

+ MODIFY : screen_mode_2_text();

Simply add this ...

duplicate_pattern();

... right after uploading your pattern table or making one by using multiple functions.

This new function was not tested yet on a real console but works fine with an emulator like bluemsx.

SDK HERE : sdcc2.zip

Edited by newcoleco

• 4 months later...

Daniel, I'm curious to know why you don't have support for the third and fourth super action controller buttons and the spinner. Is this difficult to implement or is it just lack of demand?

As you may know, my actual kit for sdcc is based on my library optimized for 4K games, and to save space I had to cut the support of the 3rd and 4th fire button, and also cut the sound functions to use those from the BIOS.

It's possible to make a version more closer to the original library by Marcel de Kogel, but it's not my intention at the moment to do so. From what I understand, it's not all the ColecoVision owners that also have SuperAction controllers, therefor I try to focus on games that can be played with a regular Coleco controler.

You can make your own library version and add the support of the 3rd and 4th fire button... it's just a few more instructions to add in the source file CRTCV, look at Marcel de Kogel original Coleco library to give you the proper codes to add for this.

Daniel, I'm curious to know why you don't have support for the third and fourth super action controller buttons and the spinner. Is this difficult to implement or is it just lack of demand?

As you may know, my actual kit for sdcc is based on my library optimized for 4K games, and to save space I had to cut the support of the 3rd and 4th fire button, and also cut the sound functions to use those from the BIOS.

It's possible to make a version more closer to the original library by Marcel de Kogel, but it's not my intention at the moment to do so. From what I understand, it's not all the ColecoVision owners that also have SuperAction controllers, therefor I try to focus on games that can be played with a regular Coleco controler.

You can make your own library version and add the support of the 3rd and 4th fire button... it's just a few more instructions to add in the source file CRTCV, look at Marcel de Kogel original Coleco library to give you the proper codes to add for this.

Daniel - thanks for that.

I've followed your instructions but can't get the compiler working (I have installed the latest SDCC snapshot dated 28/Sep/2009, copied the sdcctest files across that you state in your instructions and copied CCI.EXE to the diamond directory). When I double-click on CCI.EXE nothing happens - any suggestions as to what I may have done wrong?

Do you have a JVM (Java virtual machine) installed on your PC?

I think CCI needs one.

I have Sun Java v6 Update 15 installed and just tested it at www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml and it's working fine. Nevertheless, I uninstalled Sun Java and installed the latest version Java v6 Update 16. Unfortunately, CCI.EXE still does not work. When I try and run CCI.EXE I hear the normal Windows "Critical Stop" sound - so the program is trying to run but there is some problem on my system stopping it. Any other suggestions welcome.

Edited by Ikrananka

CCI is written in RapidQ which is a VisualBasic3-like language interpreted based on DLL included inside the EXE file, so CCI is a standalone program really. Updating the Java virtual machine will not change anything. I did experience one time a false positive by an anti-virus software, but that was long time ago now.

If you execute CCI from the tools folder, you should see a window with 4 buttons at the bottom, but no source files to compile of course. Simply click the [ x ] button to close it. If you didn't get this result, there is something wrong.

CCI is written in RapidQ which is a VisualBasic3-like language interpreted based on DLL included inside the EXE file, so CCI is a standalone program really. Updating the Java virtual machine will not change anything. I did experience one time a false positive by an anti-virus software, but that was long time ago now.

If you execute CCI from the tools folder, you should see a window with 4 buttons at the bottom, but no source files to compile of course. Simply click the [ x ] button to close it. If you didn't get this result, there is something wrong.

I don't get the window with 4 buttons at all. I just get a "Critical Stop" sounds played by Windows XP and that's it. I'm using Norton Internet Security, disabled it and tried running CCI.EXE again but got the same problem. Is there a log file dumped anywhere?

I don't get the window with 4 buttons at all. I just get a "Critical Stop" sounds played by Windows XP and that's it. I'm using Norton Internet Security, disabled it and tried running CCI.EXE again but got the same problem. Is there a log file dumped anywhere?

I'm afraid there isn't a log file.

If the rest was ok, sdcc installed, and file copied at the right place, then you may be able to use the kit, but without CCI, doing yourself the batch files needed to compile and link... because CCI's job is to make batch files to use the compiler.

• 5 months later...

Well, the new SDCC (since late 2009) is not compatible anymore with my program CCI. Basically, it's a question of renaming files and file extensions. I'm adding here a new version of CCI in the hope that it will works for you as well as the previous CCI version while it was compatible with SDCC.

To be used at your own risks : cci2.zip