IGNORED

ColecoVision SUNRISE carts, NES

ozma wars

Hi there

no animosity from my side, simply may be my english not so good and really out of retrogaming "market" having recently concentrated my free time to other hobbies. Again, thanks for all comments and suggests. I will put one lot to Ebay next week, we will see together, glasnost first.

I also note reading yr. posts, with big surprise, that supporters of ColecoVision are not so much in the U.S., that's a pity. As a collector I collect all games of course, but as a player.... I never understood why you love so much 2600 system. Nostalgy is one thing, playability is another. I would like to see more and more homebrew games for CV or for Vectrex or more news on never-released games.

I also love Intellivision but the S.R. seem to stop ane homebrew effort, unbelievable.

Ok, I stop annoying you.

Thanks to AtariAge for this space. Have U all a nice weekend.

Max

It's a tight spot to be in, having all those boxes and needing to sell them off. There is only one luxury to have in old stock stuff and that's time. If you don't have space, you don't have time.

Frankly I'm anxious just seeing that much stuff to be parted out. I'm doing my best to avoid having a lot of spare stuff, so that just makes me dizzy.

There is a dose of animosity in these posts, but I think that holygrail has the best advice. You could probably set up 6 ads (one for each game alone, and one for a set of 5) and do one set of auctions a month. Any more often and your prices would tank. Even better would be a set of auctions every 2 months, alternating between the set of 5 and the individuals. And I would say to do this on top of any selling outside of eBay.

Best of luck selling. Your best bet to reach N. America is to accept paypal. Just bump the price 5% if you must to make up for fees. We just don't have access to bank transfers here. You can see the other posters are getting the willies with the suggestion of it.

Thanks, I will do it

ciao

Max

It's a tight spot to be in, having all those boxes and needing to sell them off. There is only one luxury to have in old stock stuff and that's time. If you don't have space, you don't have time.

Frankly I'm anxious just seeing that much stuff to be parted out. I'm doing my best to avoid having a lot of spare stuff, so that just makes me dizzy.

There is a dose of animosity in these posts, but I think that holygrail has the best advice. You could probably set up 6 ads (one for each game alone, and one for a set of 5) and do one set of auctions a month. Any more often and your prices would tank. Even better would be a set of auctions every 2 months, alternating between the set of 5 and the individuals. And I would say to do this on top of any selling outside of eBay.

Best of luck selling. Your best bet to reach N. America is to accept paypal. Just bump the price 5% if you must to make up for fees. We just don't have access to bank transfers here. You can see the other posters are getting the willies with the suggestion of it.

This is a very good suggestion for the seller and should work well. For instance a French eBay seller has been VERY slowly dribbling out NIB ColecoVision SierraVision/Sierra On-Line titles for quite some years now and each time reaches a high selling price.

Being in Canada I have occasionally used bank transfers for purchases from EU states. Hated doing it as the fees are also very high here. PayPal is definately the way to go for selling to North America. If you do set yourself up with PayPal then let us know - some AA members may then be happy to buy direct.

Edited by Ikrananka

This is a very good suggestion for the seller and should work well. For instance a French eBay seller has been VERY slowly dribbling out NIB ColecoVision SierraVision/Sierra On-Line titles for quite some years now and each time reaches a high selling price.

To be clear, very slowly for that particular merchant has been one set of listings at the end of each year, at least for the last three or four, with second-chance offers handed out to the top two to four bidders per listing at close. Prior to that timeframe, he would double or triple listings either once or twice per year. Even at that slow pace, at quantities far lower than what has been discussed here, prices on his offerings have dropped rather significantly. Open knowledge of the second-chance handouts hasn't helped. I don't think intramarket competition can be measured as a factor, as the titles offered are yet rarely to be found in similar state.

Point being, emulation of that model will do little to clear inventory in a timely fashion. I'm not even certain it would prop up valuation, given that the cat is out of the bag here with respect to the stock on hand, so to speak.

• 1 month later...
Some are now offered on Ebay

Item number: 150326136939

50 Euros each.

Going....going....going...going?

Looks like he tried to list another set of five on Ebay Italy two weeks ago at 220 Euros plus 22 euros shipping to the United States. On the positive side, he takes Paypal now. On the negative side, at today's exchange rate, that's $320 US. Obviously, nobody bought them. I still don't understand why this guy just won't take the advice he was given here and offer them at $25 US each and whatever shipping is and actually clear his stock.

• 1 month later...
I think taking $100 for 5 from 4 or 5 people, $500 is a lot better than nothing, but some people are just greedy. :roll: :roll:

hi there

mmm...yes, a lot of carts still available

but also ready to trade with carts of my interest for other systems.

Pls send a trade list if you interested, both new and used games.

best regards

MAX

I think taking $100 for 5 from 4 or 5 people, $500 is a lot better than nothing, but some people are just greedy. :roll: :roll:

hi there

best regards

MAX

I don't think anyone asked to trade with you. What we asked is for you to offer the games at an appropriate market price which we all agreed was $100 for a set of the five games plus shipping. If that is what you are now offering, please post accordingly and I'm sure you can move some of those carts which have now sat there for months.

hi there

best regards

MAX

I don't think anyone asked to trade with you. What we asked is for you to offer the games at an appropriate market price which we all agreed was $100 for a set of the five games plus shipping. If that is what you are now offering, please post accordingly and I'm sure you can move some of those carts which have now sat there for months.

I want a set if so. Thanks ;)

hi there

best regards

MAX

I want a set if so. Thanks ;)

I'd grab a set at 5 for $100. Add me to that list if we're 'group buying'! :)

So, that's at least 7 of us if I'm following this right... Max, you ready to sell 35 cartridges for $700? :)

So, that's at least 7 of us if I'm following this right... Max, you ready to sell 35 cartridges for $700? :)

At this price, I'll take 1 set too! :)

Ok, I'll take the lead here... The offer stands at $1000 for 50 carts. :)

At this price, I'll take 1 set too! :)

Ok, I'll take the lead here... The offer stands at $1000 for 50 carts. :)

I will take a set for a hundred, as stated before. :)

• 3 months later...

ok friends

now that all european collectors got their missing copy of this Sunrise collection I have to sell now what remain of this lot.

I can take note, by now, of your offers.

Please take note that shipping a game from Italy to US is not so cheap as in the opposite direction ( as a good ebayer I know it costs approx. 10 max 12 bucks to ship one cart to Italy ).

Pls consider we need 15 Euro approx. to send one cart to USA or Canada ( 1 Euro today = 1,45 USD.. ).

So, I can suggest a price of 33 Euro to ship you a cart ( what you want ) between GUST BUSTER, MOUNTAIN KING, ROLLOVERTURE, CAMPAIGN 84, QUEST FOR QUINTANA ROO.

Payment, I suggest cash through registered letter as some Canadian collectors already accepted to do but I can also trade if you have some new/used cart for Colecovision or Intellivision (Diner, Pole Position.... ).

So, that's all folks, let me know.

Message for Pixelboy, Opcode Games, Collectorvision : waiting for UTOPIA, JUNO FIRST and BOSCONIAN for ColecoVision.