IGNORED

Stella for the Wii

cimerians

Just found Stella for the Wii. Anyone try this yet?

It seems its a bit slow. It could be the games themselves though as Adventure runs at perfect speed while my Space Invaders runs slow (almost "PAL like")

Anyone play around with the Wii version yet?

I'll be hunting for it tonight! Thanks for the tip! :cool:

It's just a linux version ported with a linux wrapper..

And, is this a bad thing ... ?

I'm not sure. I know that the Mame that was released for the Wii ran in a similar way and hearing about issues concerning load speed, etc.

Yes I tried Mame and highly recommend leaving that one alone for the moment.

Very slow to boot up (minutes actually) and the games dont run much better if at all.

Unless its been improved of late I don't know.

I have a libogc-based Stella in development for the Wii. It is currently fully playable and you can play at 2x w/ 100% speed. A pre-release binary is available for download at the following location.

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/User:Raz0red/Wii2600

--Raz.

To anyone out there....download this. Its great!!

Thanks again RAZ!!!!!!!

To anyone out there....download this. Its great!!

Thanks again RAZ!!!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words.

Also, just a heads up to let you guys know that I am hosting preview builds via the following thread on my forum:

http://www.twitchasylum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2322

I am currently working toward v0.2 which currently has some audio improvements, the ability to swap between color/bw via all supported controllers for games like Starmaster, etc. The next thing I am going to work on is improved/expanded controller support (paddles, driving, trackball, etc.).

Thanks.

--Raz.

Well I've had a chance to play with the recent "Raz0red" Atari conversions (thank you Raz0red). As well as the recently released colecovision and Odyssey 2 emulators. I have to say thumbs up on the Raz0red emulators.

Atari800 - About as nice as too be expected. Sound is good. Mimo I suggest setting the vertical sync (or whatever it is) to double buffer to get decent scrolling in River raid.

Lynx - Nice as well.

2600 - Really nice. In fact at first I thought something was up with the sound and then after a little research I realized that the sound in Z26 for the xbox is actually off. After looking at the source and adjusting a sound parameter that was off it got better. But the lower sounds are definitely better in Stella than Z26. Is there a particular reason for this stephana? I'm just wondering if there is something I can tweak in Z26 to get that lower end sounding more muscular.

Hatari - Not much luck with this one. Couldn't get the three disks that I tried on it too work. Two wouldn't autoboot and the third was complaining about the ST being in monochrome mode... :?:

Colecovision - pretty nice (not as nice as the Raz0red) but the sound is too high pitched.

Odyssey2 - Not bad, no voice but it does the job.

I also tried 5200 mode in the WiiAtari and it worked just fine. Hey raz0red if you need some helps/hints on mapping the analog stick to the 5200 just say the word and I can tell you what you need to do. It's actually pretty easy. Doing so will also fix a handful of games that don't work in 5200 mode. Also there are some lines in the pokeysnd.c that if uncommented improve the sound for the older sound engine (which is useful for games with digital sound like berzerk). Although from what I understand it doesn't run the fastest on RISC based machines so it may do any good to use it.

Hey raz0red if you need some helps/hints on mapping the analog stick to the 5200 just say the word and I can tell you what you need to do. It's actually pretty easy. Doing so will also fix a handful of games that don't work in 5200 mode. Also there are some lines in the pokeysnd.c that if uncommented improve the sound for the older sound engine (which is useful for games with digital sound like berzerk). Although from what I understand it doesn't run the fastest on RISC based machines so it may do any good to use it.

Great, thanks for the help, I sent you a PM.

I am currently making a pass on the emus to provide additional controls support (including analog) some minor tweaks, etc. so the timing is perfect.

Thanks again.

--Raz.