IGNORED

Best place to buy Gamecube HD Cable

the.golden.ax

It's funny, I have one (got it straight from Nintendo), but I've never used it. now that I have my Wii, I really don't have much use for it but I know the second I sell it I'll want one so I've never put mine up for sale. I see they still command crazy prices, which is really odd other than for collectability sake.

Tempest

I just landed on a Monster S-Video 10ft from one of the mega sellers the bay. It should come to under $10 shipped. I think that would be fairly nice for now. I'm using a crappy rfu now. I can plug in where my N64/Z64 is (s-vid universal) but its a hassle to swap cords back and forth. I'll keep looking for a comp hd cable, but at least this doesn't cost $70 for now and is a whole lot better than RFU generic $2 from walmart markdown bin.

AX

Yeah and only certain Gamecube's have the HD port on the back.

Yes, the newer ones (model DOL-101) do not. Older ones (DOL-001) do. Of course, it's just as easy to look on the back of the unit as it is to check the model number, but if you're buying one online, the model number may come in handy just to make sure.

Of course, since the Platinum (color) model came out last, you don't have to look at the back or the bottom to know it does NOT have the "digital out" port on the back.

Of course, since the Platinum (color) model came out last, you don't have to look at the back or the bottom to know it does NOT have the "digital out" port on the back.

Incorrect. I have a Platinum DOL-001 and it has the Digital AV Out port and I have the Nintendo component cable for it.

Incorrect. I have a Platinum DOL-001 and it has the Digital AV Out port and I have the Nintendo component cable for it.

Oops. I stand corrected. I have looked through piles of used Gamecubes, picking out spares, and I hadn't seen a Platinum DOL-001. Sorry for the incorrect inference; thanks for the correction.

I got mine from Nintendo USA as well. If I remember correctly it came in a clear bag with a folded cardboard header stapled through the bag, like for use on a peg-board wall (pretty sure I still have all the packaging). If I'm not mistaken, the JAP version came in a box. From the time I decided to get one, it was about 1-2 months before it was available to order, not back-ordered, and then about 1-2 weeks for delivery after that. I believe it was either $40 or $50 plus shipping when new, and they definately are rare, as no 3rd partys had the ability to make them.

Jason's store has one, but he wants $50 for it.

http://www.tradengames.com/productcart/pc/...;idproduct=8467

Thanks for the link.

I also just got it last week and most were still going way over $60 on ebay. Its only the second time I have had one come in. If any Atariage member wants it I will make it free shipping for them just let me know.

Jason