IGNORED

SDrive NUXX

c0nsumer

So about 52 or so were ordered?

That's 51 boards right there. But no, I overordered quite a bit above and beyond the orders + ones that I'm holding on to for myself and friends.

I also had to take into account the possibility of overage/underage, becuase I didn't want to come up short on boards for personal use and orders and such.

Edited by c0nsumer

So about 52 or so were ordered?

That's 51 boards right there. But no, I overordered quite a bit above and beyond the orders + ones that I'm holding on to for myself and friends.

I also had to take into account the possibility of overage/underage, becuase I didn't want to come up short on boards for personal use and orders and such.

Overordered? Hmmm... tempting....

@spookt, did you get around to detailing where the parts are available in the |UK?

I want to be ready :D

If one of you are able to get a part number list together for some supplier the UK (Farnell, etc), I'll gladly post it on the main SDrive NUXX page, in the BOM.

I started it ... :roll:

Right - mission for tonight is finish it :D

Yay!

Also, I've been told that the metal end panels are out for delivery. I'm hoping (expecting?) that they are sitting on the porch waiting when I get home.

Oh, and also hoping that they were both designed right (by me) and made right (by the factory).

Right UK folks! Here's a first pass at a UK sourced parts list for the SD NUXX. A couple of notes:

The list includes all the "optional" parts from the part list except the optional DB15 connector to be used in place of the SIO connector as I have a few SIO sockets. That goes to say that the parts for the programming circuit are included.

An SIO socket is not included. (I couldn't find these at Farnell, Maplin or RS :ponder: )

IC2, the ATMega8 IC is not included as I ordered both my boards with pre-programmed ICs.

The quantities reflect a build of 2 units and minimum orders. For example I need 4 Tactile switches for each unit but the min order is 5 so I have to buy 10. Did that even make sense? :(

This list is as close as possible to the exact parts used in the "official" NUXX parts list. The downside of that is that some of the parts from Farnell are US sourced and this incurs a once per order sourcing fee of £15 odd. I will be attempting to get rid of that by substituting comparable UK sourced components. I will post a second list once I've done that but you use it at your own risk. I don't want to be responsible for your unit not working because I specified a bad part.

Currently the list uses 2 suppliers Farnell and RS Components. This is because Farnell do not sell the exact SD card connector that is specified whilst RS do. I know that Steve used this particular connector as although it is surface mount it is fairly easy to hand solder. I plan to look at the data sheets for the connectors Farnell offer to see if they have a comparable one but again, if in doubt stick to the RS part.

OK, enough caveats :D Here it is:

SD_NUXX_UK.xls.zip

Darn that upload file type blocking thing :( had to zip it.

PS: I can probably supply the CSV file for the bits from Farnell to stop everyone typing it in.

Edited by spookt

willing to split the £15 order fee with you if it can't get resolved, or maybe our US based friends can help out?

Also, maybe it would be worthwhile ordering the stuff for 4 units, my 2 and your 2 to cut down on the overage

Edited by mimo

IMG_3504.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

How's that?

That's the first fully assembled SDrive NUXX, complete with the end panels. I'm really happy with how these panels came out. The fit snugly into the bezels, the MetalPhoto material is outstanding, and the tolerance / finish is absolutely beautiful.

I'll have more photos up some time later, but I'm a bit excited and wanted to get these out here. Click on those up above if you want to see a really high resolution version.

@spookt

You need to check the values of the resistors in your spreadsheet. The real device doesn't use 3.3 ohm or 470K it uses 3K3 and 47K. Looking at the circuit diagram in the NUXX wiki you could replace the 47K (R7) with a 3K3 and increase C9 to 10uF and it would still be OK I expect. Saves you 70p too! Maybe somebody needs to go through the design and make it easier to "kit" for it.

@spookt

You need to check the values of the resistors in your spreadsheet. The real device doesn't use 3.3 ohm or 470K it uses 3K3 and 47K. Looking at the circuit diagram in the NUXX wiki you could replace the 47K (R7) with a 3K3 and increase C9 to 10uF and it would still be OK I expect. Saves you 70p too! Maybe somebody needs to go through the design and make it easier to "kit" for it.

Oops. Sorry must have been going web blind by then. I'll fix it and re-post.

EDIT: Here's one with the resistors fixed

EDIT 2: (Sorry) Here's one with a substitute voltage regulator which is actually in stock.

SD_NUXX_UK.xls_2.zip

Edited by spookt

willing to split the £15 order fee with you if it can't get resolved, or maybe our US based friends can help out?

Also, maybe it would be worthwhile ordering the stuff for 4 units, my 2 and your 2 to cut down on the overage

Yeah I was thinking of that whilst making the list. I think we may be stuck with the US charge if we want to use the same switches as Steve. Obviously if we want to line up with the end panels that would be a good idea!

How's that?

That's the first fully assembled SDrive NUXX, complete with the end panels. I'm really happy with how these panels came out. The fit snugly into the bezels, the MetalPhoto material is outstanding, and the tolerance / finish is absolutely beautiful.

I'll have more photos up some time later, but I'm a bit excited and wanted to get these out here. Click on those up above if you want to see a really high resolution version.

Just gorgeous. Those are really beautiful.