IGNORED

SDrive NUXX

c0nsumer

Assembled unit just showed up, it looks fantastic! :cool:

Ditto for here also.

Me too. :)

My wife's words were: "I guess I know what you'll be up to tonight."

Alright, her first words were "Take off the case" so we could see inside. I wanted to bask in the pretty first :)

post-18169-1241471630_thumb.jpg

Mine showed up as well. Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it looks VERY good!

My fully assembled unit arrived today as well! Very professionally done!

Thanks very much. :) I'm glad to hear they are arriving as well.

I just ordered the parts to build five more, just in case a few more people want some.

Got mine too! Been playing with it all night. It took me a little while to figure it out but I got it going now.

Any way to edit that cfg file or is it necessary?

It's actually done by using the save config stuff in the SDrive util. If you read this PDF, on page 3, check out the Control+W command. It lets you save off the config. Also, if you boot it while holding shift you have the option to bypass the config.

Basically, everything is in those docs there, and I just put the latest SDRIVE.ATR on the SD cards for convenience, and so that I could test each card with each device to be sure they worked together.

Let me make sure I understand something correctly. Although the SDRIVE has four drives that can be emulated, there is no way to swap images between drives on the fly, correct? You can clearly swap 'what is D1' with the three other drives using the front panel, but not actually say swap the image in D2: for the image in D3: on the fly.

Let me make sure I understand something correctly. Although the SDRIVE has four drives that can be emulated, there is no way to swap images between drives on the fly, correct? You can clearly swap 'what is D1' with the three other drives using the front panel, but not actually say swap the image in D2: for the image in D3: on the fly.

Unless I'm really mistaken, that's correct, without having an app which can talk to the SDrive and do it for you. (Hence CPU's protocol documentation...)

You can have D1 through D4, or swap other drives into D1, or swap what I consider a D0 (SDRIVE.ATR, the boot volume) in by pressing BOOT.

Hello.

Yes, there is possible to swap D1: with [bOOTimageSDRIVE.ATR] or [D1:] or [D2:] or [D3:] or [D4:].

But if you switch the SDrive id number to 2 (or 3 or 4), then D2: (or D3: or D4:) is main drive number for swaping with other drives.

(Of course, if main drive number is different than D1:, then booting of SDRIVE.ATR doesn't work, because Atari is booting from D1: by default.)

Greetings, raster/c.p.u.

Edited by raster/c.p.u.

Got mine too! Been playing with it all night. It took me a little while to figure it out but I got it going now.

Any way to edit that cfg file or is it necessary?

It's actually done by using the save config stuff in the SDrive util. If you read this PDF, on page 3, check out the Control+W command. It lets you save off the config. Also, if you boot it while holding shift you have the option to bypass the config.

Basically, everything is in those docs there, and I just put the latest SDRIVE.ATR on the SD cards for convenience, and so that I could test each card with each device to be sure they worked together.

The SDRIVE_en.pdf file that I had is older - the Ctrl-R & Ctrl-W cmds are not listed in it.

If anyone is interested, I've posted the end panel artwork as sent off for manufacturing, and made it available under CC-ByAttribution. Please see the Design Documents section of the SDrive NUXX page for the files, checksum, license info, etc. Note that these files are in Adobe Illustrator format, but they may be opened and printed with Adobe Reader.

Also, I'll be releasing the CadSoft EAGLE files under the same license as soon as I get a chance to give them one more look and be sure they are ready to go.

Edited by c0nsumer

The SDRIVE_en.pdf file that I had is older - the Ctrl-R & Ctrl-W cmds are not listed in it.

Ah, yeah. :) When the SDRIVE.ATR was updated the config saving stuff was added, thus the documentation was updated along with it.

cOnsumer,

I received my full-assembled unit the other day and must give you major props for a job well done. Your incarnation of the Sdrive is fabulous. It is completely professional in appearance and the layout is very well thought out. It is simply a pleasure to use. Kudos to the original Sdrive developers as well. The fine Sdrive software is very straight-forward and practical.

Thank you all!

... Steve

I received my full-assembled unit the other day and must give you major props for a job well done. Your incarnation of the Sdrive is fabulous. It is completely professional in appearance and the layout is very well thought out. It is simply a pleasure to use. Kudos to the original Sdrive developers as well. The fine Sdrive software is very straight-forward and practical.

Thank you very much. :)

PCBs, panels and chips arrived in the UK this morning. All the components arrived yesterday and I'm supposed to be tidying the garden today :(

PS - The panels and boards look awesome. Great work :)

Edited by spookt

PCBs, panels and chips arrived in the UK this morning. All the components arrived yesterday and I'm supposed to be tidying the garden today :(

Luckily I have already done this annoying task!

Edited by Philsan

Maybe it'll rain?? :cool:

It's raining !!!! :rolling: Started a half hour ago !!

Edited by spookt

Heheheh... I caused that! (I'll send you a bill :cool: )

Heheheh... I caused that! (I'll send you a bill :cool: )

Thanks - however it stopped about 10 minutes later and I was sent back outside :( :( :(