IGNORED

Awesomest looking game systems ever

Gabriel

5200 - great design wedge, although the sticks lose out a lot. But they do fit in storage nicely.

Genesis - muscley, black , really drives home the 'we're not Nintendo' thing, which has been going on since. You could call it ugly, but you could also call it turbo.

Dreamcast - more elegant than the Gamecube

Nintendo Game and Watch - what was the first one? Egg? Whatever, it's the first cross bar control I know of, and pretty much lead to the design of the Game Boy, which deserves a place here, if it weren't for it's grandfather the Game and Watch series

Wii - talking design here, it's a nice looking unit, elegant. I think the PS3 is the best made unit of this generation, but it's sort of nasty, aside from the shinyness.

Odyssey - the original - really a straightforward design, and incredibly prescient. Go Ralph Baer!

Edited by ianoid

I think some childhood memories are influencing a few people. The 2600 is ugly.

Nostalgia is a potent drug and too much time spent imbibing it can cause temporary then permanent blindness...

Yeah... actually, I think it's in the middle of the pack rather than ugly. Definitely not awesome looking.

The Jaguar looks cool IMO. It's just too bad that most Jag games are crap...

Most games on every system are crap, except maybe the Virtual Boy. The more successful a system is, the more bad developers and publishers are attracted to it. And bad developers and publishers tend to crank out games in high volume. The amount of bad games on the Jaguar doesn't change the fact that it has some outstanding ones.

You can't judge a system based on its bad games, but rather its good ones. If we judged systems based solely on their bad games, methinks the Atari 2600 wouldn't be so beloved.

I disagree. Of course there are crap games for every system, but you also have to consider how many games have been released for a system. Over 50% of the games available for the Jaguar are (more or less) crap but that doesn't apply to many other consoles like the 2600, SNES or PSX for example. IMO over 50% of the games for those consoles are at least mediocre or good.

And what "outstanding" exclusive games does the Jaguar have?

Air Cars, Fight for Life and Club Drive maybe? :lolblue:

Here's my favorite designs:

2600 Jr/5200/7800 (Sleek, and dare I say, sexy)

1200XL (IMO, the most gorgeous home computer ever made)

XEGS (OK, I could do without the pastel buttons, but otherwise it looks pretty good. Really dig the diagonal cart slot and vents.)

SMS (really like the trapezoidal/pyramidal design)

Famicom (nice and simple)

PC Engine (probably one of the best console designs ever)