IGNORED

What PS3 games are you currently playing?

HammR25

Finished it up this past weekend. What a terrific game! I really enjoyed it.

Not only that, of the near 100 PS3 games I currently own, it is the first that I have completely finished. :) If you liked reading "Choose Your Own Adventure" or if you enjoyed some of the classic point-and-click adventure games, you should definitely give this game a shot.

I'm now tempted to pick up a couple of Telltale Games' other games. In particular, Back To The Future looked cool. Prices and availability seem all over the place on it though. Not the easily available 20 bucks that The Walking Dead was.

Maybe, I should play through one of the other games in the meantime. :)

To me the Walking Dead is game of the year material cause I like choose your own adventure and point and click type games, not to mention the excellent characters and story.

I heard Back to the Future is very good but Jurassic Park was a letdown. I picked up Back to the Future but haven't played it yet.

Is it couch-coop?

Yes, just like those old PS2 games, Champions and Baldurs Gate. Local couch co-op top down view. Many people bashed this game because it was a mindless hack n slash and loot but I never really grow tired of those especially because they are great games to play with family or the wife. :P

We enjoyed it for the most part. Its not the greatest but for 20 bucks or less its worth it in my opinion and the storyline is way better than those old games which really didn't have much of a storyline. I may actually get the one and only DLC for this so we can continue with our characters.

Edited by cimerians
  • Like 1

Yes, just like those old PS2 games, Champions and Baldurs Gate. Local couch co-op top down view. Many people bashed this game because it was a mindless hack n slash and loot but I never really grow tired of those especially because they are great games to play with family or the wife. :P

We enjoyed it for the most part. Its not the greatest but for 20 bucks or less its worth it in my opinion and the storyline is way better than those old games which really didn't have much of a storyline. I may actually get the one and only DLC for this so we can continue with our characters.

Thanks, I'll scout for a copy then! :D

About Fallout (or any Bethesda game): Turn off the system every 2 hours or so and reboot. It helps, probably RAM just gets too full in long sessions.

Myself I played all 3 Mass Effect games in a row just now. Liked 1 and 2, but 3 kind of sucks. It's war story feels like something from military propaganda programs, just in space. So much comradery and "we must all help each other and be selfless" and so little character development I feel dirty after playing.

• 4 weeks later...

To me the Walking Dead is game of the year material cause I like choose your own adventure and point and click type games, not to mention the excellent characters and story.

I heard Back to the Future is very good but Jurassic Park was a letdown. I picked up Back to the Future but haven't played it yet.

Back to the Future and the Walking Dead are very good.

Back to the Future was more of a point and click adventure than the Walking Dead "choose your own adventure style".

I have not played Jurassic Park.

Hm. I'm actually still on Ni No Kuni.... Tend to turn it on only during the weekend all the same.

I should try to finish it this weekend if possible... once my apartment heats up for the summer, I'm not turning on any modern consoles til it cools down again in the fall.

I've been playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory the past couple of weeks. I've been mostly having fun, but during the last chapter I wished the characters would just shut the hell up about boobs already. Chapter 4 seemed to be the "all about boobs" chapter. The story is pretty much just randomness and in-jokes. The baddies are intentionally played as incompetent screw ups. Even with all that, I still have to say it's much more interesting than Final Fantasy 13.

One thing that does rankle me is how the game grades me at the end of each chapter. There are 4 criteria the game judges on: Quests, Scouting, Killing Monsters, and Shares. Despite doing every available quest twice, I never get higher than a 4 out of 10 in the Quest category. I'm not really sure how the hell I'm supposed to improve that score, especially since I'm getting 10s in the other areas. I'm probably missing out on cool item rewards since my quest score sucks.

Will you be getting the other games in the series?

I already have the previous two.

I played the first one for something like 20 to 30 hours before I got burnt out/bored. It was a very raw and unpolished game.

I haven't played much at all of Mk II. At most I've played 2 hours of it. The game was a casualty of me trying to complete the first one before moving on to the sequel. I never did, and I seem to have abandoned both to just go ahead and play Victory.

Since it was a free download, I'm playing and really enjoying Xcom.

I really want to buy and play The Last of Us, as the game looks GREAT and I enjoy anything by Naughtydog. But I already have so many games in my "Must Play" stack that I haven't even taken out of the shrinkwrap that I have no idea when I would get around to actually playing it.

On a side note... my son let me borrow his Vita for awhile and I'm playing Uncharted: Golden Abyss. AWESOME game with EXCELLENT dialog and voice work. I especially like the guy voicing Dante.. this character seems so real to me.

I just purchased a PS3 in order to play The Last of Us...I was very much sitting on the fence about buying a system (especially one that is soon to be considered last-gen) in order to play one particular "exclusive" title. I can say, having played through 85% of the story, this game is worth every penny! I tend to avoid 3rd person shooters, as I have never really felt comfortable with that type of playing style...this game totally felt comfortable.

The story is immersive, gripping and heart wrenching. I would absolutely recommend this to everyone. Hands down, this is the best game I have played since Skyrim. That's not a comparison, as they are totally different in every way...I just wanted to share my love of this game. I am already waiting anxiously for the DLC!!!

• Like 3

I just received an e-mail that the mailman put The Last of Us and Deadly Premonition in my mailbox. I guess I should walk down there. :)

I just finished the game...plan on playing it through again right away...I would suggest you check your mailbox! ;) (just plan on loosing the rest of your weekend!)

• Like 1

I just purchased a PS3 in order to play The Last of Us...

And.... I did the same. (but I ordered a completely refurbished, all soldering cleaned, brand-new Blue-Ray lens fat PS3 60GB. Because I WANT the PS2 retro-compatibility. And Now in retroscpec, I think it was a dumb idea from me.)

I bought my PS2 a few weeks before the PS3 was released, so I did the same here.