IGNORED

What PS3 games are you currently playing?

HammR25

I purchased a PS3 12Gb slim the other day just to play The Last Of Us. Haven't finished the game yet as can't snag enough TV time but have fitted a 640Gb HD to the PS3 and downloading like crazy using Playstation Plus.

Having been a loyal Xbox 360 owner for many years I'm enjoying the PS3 platform, and it will keep me busy for a while.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried "the last of us" on 8/1 since redbox offered a free game rental that day and got about 65% done on normal. I like the story but really getting tired of the feeling of not getting anywhere just building after building and swiping shit.

As for favorites

I've been playing Lost planet online on the ps3 forever Its the only modern game I have played for years and keep going back to.

I also play Lost planet colonies every now and then on my pc on windows live/against the xbox peeps

workinparttime is my ps3 id and my gamertag on windowslive/xbox

Remember Me.

Nice, but... I feel like something's missing... Could have been a great game with more exploration in open environment. More memory remixes...

Edit :

Finished it today (but not 100%, and I start again in harder mode)

Dunno why, the last memory remix (remix the remix of Charles) really got on my nerves. I felt really bad after achieving it.

Oh, and I WANT A JAX ! :-D

Picked up the new Deadpool and played through it over the weekend. It was pretty short but the writing was funny. The fighting mechanics were a little wonky, but I've played much much worse, and didn't really have any problems. I'm going to try again on the hardest setting and see if my opinion changes.

Popped in Road To The Show today to make sure the new 1 gig drive was working as expected.

I came in having won my previous game going the distance and striking out 15 while walking none and only giving up one run.

Gave up a two-run homer in the 4th. Was trailing 2 - 1 in the 7th and had struck out 9 with only 67 pitches when I gave up a single and my manager pulled me.

What! The guy he brought in had a 5+ ERA. He promptly allowed 5 runs (including the guy who was my responsibility) which resoluted in us losing 7 - 3...my first professional loss.

Maybe this new drive ISN'T working right! :)

I got Dragon's Crown on Saturday, and I have been playing it pretty much nonstop. The fun really begins when you acquire a couple extra equipment bags and can start doing a bunch of adventures in a row. The bonus multipliers rack up with each consecutive adventure, which causes the loot to really start piling up.

Just started into FFXIII. I wonder if I'll like it :)

Oh my. Probably one of the most boring games I played on the PS3, after 10 hours I just couldn't stand it anymore...

Right now I'm playing Vanquish which I love so far and I also started playing Hotline Miami, which strangely reminds me a lot of "Into the Eagle's Nest" from the C64 :)

Well, I just ordered one of those ps3 game genies (groupon had a sale) with the specific intent of cheating at gt5. (it bugs me how they handle paint)

I'll also probably actually play birds of steel, which I bought because it was awesome, but couldn't bring myself to hook up the ps3 to try out.

Also valkyria chronicles got too hard for me, so I figure I can uncover more of its lame-ass plot by blitzing through it with walking tanks--or whatever they get at the end.

Well, I just ordered one of those ps3 game genies (groupon had a sale) with the specific intent of cheating at gt5. (it bugs me how they handle paint)

I'll also probably actually play birds of steel, which I bought because it was awesome, but couldn't bring myself to hook up the ps3 to try out.

Also valkyria chronicles got too hard for me, so I figure I can uncover more of its lame-ass plot by blitzing through it with walking tanks--or whatever they get at the end.

There's a game genie for the PS3? Where?!

Is this it?

http://thegamegenie.com/

Let me know if works

There's a game genie for the PS3? Where?!

Is this it?

http://thegamegenie.com/

Let me know if works

That's the one. The groupon is here:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-hyperkin-game-genie-save-editor-for-ps3?utm_source=rvs&utm_medium=afl&utm_campaign=1312731

it's $16.98 shipped

It's a savegame editor, which seems more like what modern games need than something that runs live with the game.

Edited by Reaperman

I just started playing birds of steel. I'm having trouble imagining how this could possibly be a better game than it is.

You are constantly reading my mind....not only have I had a Game Genie type device on my mind for some time but also a solid WWII combat sim.

I was looking at this for a controller stick since it works on PC and PS3. Do you use anything special or just the PS3 controller?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CXYMFS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&tag=atariage&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001CXYMFS&linkCode=as2

Thanks for the Game Genie post. I ordered it.

I was looking at this for a controller stick since it works on PC and PS3. Do you use anything special or just the PS3 controller?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CXYMFS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&tag=atariage&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001CXYMFS&linkCode=as2

I just use the ps3 controller. Some extra stick travel would really help out with online however. (you can really tell who has the extra precision)

Online on Birds of Steel is actually fairly active, though it doesn't have the cinematic feel that is scripted into the fantastic single player campaign.

The online reminds me a lot of Star Conflict--which makes sense since it's the same shop and made about the same time.

I think it'd take a solid space ship game to finally boost me over the edge and into a flightstick again.