IGNORED

What PS3 games are you currently playing?

HammR25

Mostly, I've had time for arcade fixes... that said....

I am still working on FF X HD, because I just had to take on the dark aeons. Doing it the hard way takes some serious time, so it has been a slow process when I have a half hour here and there to grind away at the battle arena (how many Cactuer Kings I killed just to make sure my characters have auto-haste???). I have gotten up to and through Dark Yojimbo. I have heard Dark Anima is pretty though at the final one is a long, grinding fight. I am not sure of my characters are up to either of them.

Other than that, it has been back to Suikoden 1!! This is the second game I got with my PS1 way back (the other being Wipeout XL). Played and beat it over the x-mas holiday at my in-laws, which pissed off my mother in law because no one saw me for the holiday. So I guess this would have been either 1996 or 1997. It's been so long, that it is almost like a new game. I am not a big fan of random encounters, but it does not seem overbearing with this game.

My credit card is whimpering in pain because I bought Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate and some DLC over the weekend.

Yeah, I know Last Round will be here next month, but I'm not planning on buying a PS4 anytime soon, if at all. It's pretty bad that I don't see anything compelling about the next gen of consoles considering how low my bar for compelling often is.

Other than that, I spent time this weekend killing thousands of people in Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate.

Yeah, I know Last Round will be here next month, but I'm not planning on buying a PS4 anytime soon, if at all. It's pretty bad that I don't see anything compelling about the next gen of consoles considering how low my bar for compelling often is.

You can wait....Playstation consoles always release the good stuff (like JRPG's) towards the end of their life cycles but it seems things are jumpstarting rather quick for PS4.

I just picked up Akiba's Trip on PS4 (I know you already have that, thanks for the info!) and Persona 5 will also be a PS4 release so that's another thing I'm looking forward to but as long as PS3 versions of these games come out and not significantly any different I would say you can still stick with a PS3 for a long while since you can still play PS1 and PS2 games on it.

One thing that's irritating though is they are remastering stuff for PS4 which I normally already own on PS3. FFX remaster is coming to PS4 :|

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/11/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-coming-to-ps4

Other than that, it has been back to Suikoden 1!! This is the second game I got with my PS1 way back (the other being Wipeout XL). Played and beat it over the x-mas holiday at my in-laws, which pissed off my mother in law because no one saw me for the holiday. So I guess this would have been either 1996 or 1997. It's been so long, that it is almost like a new game. I am not a big fan of random encounters, but it does not seem overbearing with this game.

Suiko 1 is on my top 5 PS1 RPG's, It doesn't have too many random encounters, you don't have to grind much and its got lots of characters to recruit like all the others and can be beat in under 30 hours. You can also import your save into Suiko 2. It was also one of the first games I got on the PS1. I think I got Wipeout and Wild Arms first and then Suikoden and Resident Evil after that followed by FF VII. Late 90's = great times.

I seriously need to continue playing Suikoden II now....

You can wait....Playstation consoles always release the good stuff (like JRPG's) towards the end of their life cycles but it seems things are jumpstarting rather quick for PS4.

I just picked up Akiba's Trip on PS4 (I know you already have that, thanks for the info!) and Persona 5 will also be a PS4 release so that's another thing I'm looking forward to but as long as PS3 versions of these games come out and not significantly any different I would say you can still stick with a PS3 for a long while since you can still play PS1 and PS2 games on it.

One thing that's irritating though is they are remastering stuff for PS4 which I normally already own on PS3. FFX remaster is coming to PS4 :|

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/11/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-coming-to-ps4

What could they possibly remaster further that hasn't already been on the PS3? There is only so much that can be done with it.

That's essentially my plan. I have zero interest so far on the stuff currently out for the PS4 - the remastered stuff isn't worth picking up since I have the PS3 version, for example. So for me, I have no problem continuing to wait and enjoy the PS3 since I still have a ton of games on it. >_> I still have to get back to Tears to Tiara II and a bunch of others for instance.

If a Project Diva game hits the PS4, I -might- start looking into it. The last game, while indeed fun, is still leaving me with a sour taste in my mouth with all the DLC shit they're going on with. I guess we'll see when it comes down to it since of any of the consoles for current gen, the PS4 is probably leading the race in terms of interest. (And when I'm not at all interested in anything on it currently you can imagine what I feel for the others...)

I've got Ar Nosurge currently in the PS3 and I was playing it quite a bit until I found out about them removing a hidden optional boss which unlocks the ability to change costumes outside of the soulspace. While a minor detail overall, it kinda ruins the fun knowing you got a gimped product which also apparently has a few potential game breaking bugs if you mistep a few places.

I've got Ar Nosurge currently in the PS3 and I was playing it quite a bit until I found out about them removing a hidden optional boss which unlocks the ability to change costumes outside of the soulspace. While a minor detail overall, it kinda ruins the fun knowing you got a gimped product which also apparently has a few potential game breaking bugs if you mistep a few places.

Hmm, I may have to rethink it then, gamebreaking bugs are a big issue for me. Nothing worse than playing for 20 hours and then your stuck with no way to backtrack.

Some games are actually like that by design. I think FF IX was like that. I just remember having the wrong party combination and no save point to back and switch things up. Only reason why it never makes my list of favorite FF's.

Hmm, I may have to rethink it then, gamebreaking bugs are a big issue for me. Nothing worse than playing for 20 hours and then your stuck with no way to backtrack.

Some games are actually like that by design. I think FF IX was like that. I just remember having the wrong party combination and no save point to back and switch things up. Only reason why it never makes my list of favorite FF's.

The bugs are technically avoidable, you just have to avoid doing certain actions (or was it making sure you do certain actions) in time. I believe they happen in the second phase although I'm not sure exactly where (Should be findable with a few googles). I'm keeping a few save games spaced out as a potential way to jump back in case I hit it. Essentially what happens for this is some story event ends up failing to trigger due to having previous events not happening (I think.) And by the time that check is ready to be made, it's no longer possible to trigger the previous event(s).

The game really did have so much promise to it imo. Gust is lucky I can't boycott them over the stupid decisions they've made over the last bunch of games they've put out simply because they no longer exist. But Tecmo Koei, who bought them (And are the ones responsible for removing the secret boss) can inherit the loathing.

But yeah I agree with you, and that's one of the reasons why I stopped playing it. The removal fo the boss was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

I took advantage of the sale last week to pick up season 1 and 2 of Pinball Arcade.

So far, I think I like Scared Stiff and Attack From Mars best of the new tables. I like Scared Stiff mainly because the ball doesn't drain so easy and it's Elvira. I like Attack From Mars because it's a lot like Medieval Madness. I've also spent a lot of time with Big Shot, which I previously had access to on the PS2 Gottlieb disc, but plays much better in Pinball Arcade.

On the P3 Pinball Hall of Fame disc I can play Taxi and Space Shuttle fairly well, but on Pinball Arcade it seems I can't keep the ball in play to save my life. On the plus side, I think Gorgar is a hair easier.

With the arrival of Sekiranun Graffiti as well as the Type 2020 and Gothic Purple modules for Project Diva F 2nd, I've started playing that in long one hour stretches again instead of the quick one or two song sets I had been drifting towards. It's only on Easy, but I finally got my second perfect, and managed to clear another song on normal. Yeah, I'm an uncoordinated scrub, but I'll take my victories where I can get them.

I think I've burned out on Class of Heroes 2G. I haven't played it for a couple of weeks. I guess I need a break from it. I put 40 hours or so in, so I don't feel too guilty about setting it aside.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate has fallen by the wayside for the time being as well. Meh, I'll get back to it when I feel like hitting square, square, square, triangle for a few hours.

I got Dai 2 Ji Super Robot Taisen as a Christmas present, but I haven't been in the mood for diving into an import title lately.

I have been on a shmup kick. I've been playing a fair bit of Ray Storm HD and Raiden IV Overkill. I also played some Strikers 1945 (PS1 disc) the other day. I need to play that one some more.

And when I'm in the mood I unlock a costume or two in Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate.

I've been more action oriented lately. But I have been thinking about starting up XCom: Enemy Unknown again.

Haven't been playing much beyond some Project Diva 2nd now and then given that Minecraft is taking up more time again as I build the Industrial Complex. (It's a hopper nightmare.)

I just saw on kotaku that apparently Capcom announced there will be another Dragon's Dogma game. I started with :) then in the later half of the sentence it said it'll be an online game. And so I went :(

I'm guessing if Dragon's Dogma Online is going to be online, then I suspect they mean it'll be something online-only in the vein of Destiny where you buy the game full price, then continue to rebuy it with overly expensive expansions. Or it'll be something World of Warcraftish in that you'll be paying full price then paying a monthly subscription... and the occasional expensive expansion.

For either route, I'm out.

I just saw on kotaku that apparently Capcom announced there will be another Dragon's Dogma game. I started with :) then in the later half of the sentence it said it'll be an online game. And so I went :(

I'm guessing if Dragon's Dogma Online is going to be online, then I suspect they mean it'll be something online-only in the vein of Destiny where you buy the game full price, then continue to rebuy it with overly expensive expansions. Or it'll be something World of Warcraftish in that you'll be paying full price then paying a monthly subscription... and the occasional expensive expansion.

For either route, I'm out.

I'm out too and that was one of my favorite RPG's.

I was pretty upset when I heard the news. Everquest free to play junkies will probably get into it and I may try it out since its "free" but there's no way I'm paying to play the game. Everything will be locked away until you pay up.

Crapcom strikes again.

I picked up Resogun and Lumines Supernova while they were on sale for $3 each. I only played Lumines once, and I've played several games of Resogun. Resogun's pretty cool, I suppose. I did have a hard time at first figuring out what was happening to cause the humanoids to die in their cubes or get out of their cubes to begin with.

I tried the demo for Savage Moon since the game was another one which had been marked down to $3. The whole thing of tower defense games is a ship I feel has sailed. I liked the first tower defense game I played (the Final Fantasy one), and initially thought this game looked cool back in the day, but now I find the whole genre disinteresting. I'd rather play a game where I really build things up or a game where I really control troops, like Civ or Starcraft.

I started a new game of XCom: Enemy Unknown and finally got around to trying Sayuki: Journey West. I was enjoying both, but I'm just too brain dead lately to be able to dedicate myself to tactical games. I want to get back to them, but I come in from work and I just don't want to think about anything.

Yep, still playing Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd. I also went back and played some of its predecessor. I'm finally, slowly racking up Perfects on Easy and clearing some songs on Normal. I've even cleared a song on Hard. But mostly playing the game is my relaxation time where I just tap buttons and try to clear my thoughts.

I'm out too and that was one of my favorite RPG's.

I was pretty upset when I heard the news. Everquest free to play junkies will probably get into it and I may try it out since its "free" but there's no way I'm paying to play the game. Everything will be locked away until you pay up.

Crapcom strikes again.

This is probably the way most games are going to go in the future. Pay for a shell of a game and either get pounded to death with micro-transactions or overly expensive expansion packs where you pay the game three times over to get the whole games. Destiny was popular, right? As long as people open their wallets... more profit and an effective form of DRM in an indirect sense.

As for Dragon's Dogma.... it's still in my to play pile....

PS3 games I've played lately? None! Afraid to turn on the system and asked to perform some updates if I want to do anything. And with each and every PSN or Store update, and as per the norm on any update that way today, experience is becoming that much slower. And clunkier.

Am at a point where I'd almost like to get rid of all this stuff. Haven't been tempted to go anywhere near my PS3 forever. Last time I did, was to play some Pinball Arcade. Damn batteries in the controllers probably need recharging too. Yet something else to worry about. :( :lol:

post-13896-0-56462600-1423098988_thumb.jpg post-13896-0-72751500-1423108230_thumb.jpg

Anyone local with any cash wanna pick… oh never mind. I should know better by now. ;)