IGNORED

What PS3 games are you currently playing?

HammR25

• 4 weeks later...
I bought Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel.
It has Ignis from Jingai Makyo in it. Although I don't know what her source game/visual novel is like, I think she looks cool and already have multiple figures of her. So that made this game an instant novelty purchase.
It's the first fighting game I've purchased in a fairly long while. I like it. It very much feels like a 16-bit fighter or a 2d PS1 fighter, and that's what I'm in the mood for right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to pick up Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax since I'm in a fighting game mood lately and it has a sub-$20 price tag. I remember skipping on it at launch because I had no idea who any of the characters were (they're all from various anime I don't watch) and it just didn't appeal at $40. But in the past four months this one has dropped in price like a stone.

For a $20 game, it's pretty damn good. It feels to play a bit better than Nitroplus. It's extremely accessible to someone like myself who doesn't want to study movelists. And even the obsession with meter management isn't too annoying.

I was a bit disappointed with the character graphics. They're a bit pixely, but I got used to it.

I've been on an open world kick recently. Played some Assassin's Creed 2, but the game froze for the second time at the exact same place, so I'm guessing the disc is bad (it had a couple of bad scratches and I was needing catharsis after wasting 8 hours of gametime twice, so I carved my name in the data layer and binned it). So went back to Red Dead Redemption and ordered a copy of AC: Brotherhood from amazon. I didn't even own a PS3 a year ago so all this is new and exciting to me :)

Edited by Agamemnon2

The fighting game kick continues.

I just picked up Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late. Why? Cuz all the girls in it fight in high heels. Hawt.

I think I had considered getting this when it was new. I don't remember for sure. I do know that for some reason I had categorized it as a visual novel. The actual reason why I looked at it again was because I was looking for a visual novel to check out and ran into this one again. Another reason I might have skipped it was because it looked like a Guilty Gear or Blaz Blue game, and those two had specifically turned me off 2d fighting games several years ago.

Under Night is a lot like Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. I imagine they're by the same developers (I haven't actually checked). Both have very similar menus and options. They even have the same semi-pixely look to the fighters. The feel very similar too. Whereas Fighting Climax uses fireball motions for practically all special moves, Under Night has more input variety. I'm a of a bit mixed feelings on this, because I just want to pick up and play games and not remember move lists, but it's not too bad.

I know I've made a lot of snide remarks about modern fighting games that feel like 16-bit fighters. But I have to admit that quality is what I really like about all three of the fighting games I've picked up lately. They don't feel hyper obsessed with technical play to the point where just learning to play the game becomes a chore. I can spontaneously play these with a friend and not have to spend half an hour relearning the game every time it's powered on. I don't feel like I'm locked into a single character because of everyone having vastly different and idiosyncratic move lists. This one is probably the least pick up and play of the three, but it's still within tolerance levels.

So, yeah, it's pretty fun. So far, I like Eltnium. She's fun to play.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been playing Puzzle Dimension...$3 indie game with 100 challenging spatial logic puzzles. It looks a little like Marble Madness, but there's no timer, just a slow paced logic game filled with a-ha moments as you try to solve some really tricky puzzles. Fun.

Bought Aegis Earth: Protonovus Assault because it was under $20 for the disc which thanks to some reward points made it free.

Haven't played it yet, but I popped in the disc and something new happened. The system didn't treat it as a game disc. It treated it as an install file.

No value judgement on that, just an observation.

Still stuck on Skyrim. Forgotten how many hundreds of hours I've put in!

Late reply, but I have played that game on three different platforms and have never finished everything. Well... I kind of gave up on the PS3 version back when it had those bad bugs (fixed now apparently). Spent a good chunk of time on the 360 version. The PC version sucked hours out of my time with the mods....

3D Dot Game Heroes. Love this game. Everything is so familiar about it because of the blatant Zelda influence, but it adds just enough of its own charm to stand on its own. Love the fact that your sword takes up most of the screen when fully powered up. Also spent about an hour playing the "Block Defense" minigame the other night for no reason.

Playstation 3 games that I just started playing but not playing at the moment since Im too busy with playing PSP RPG games and the new Nintendo 3DS Bravely Second game.

Demons Souls - just started not too long ago recently

Dead Space 1

White Knight Chronicles I and II. Im still in the beginning in White Knight 1

WWE 13 and WWE 14. Yep Im still playing them

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1,2 and 3. Im still playing online mutliplayer for all three games

Call of Duty Ghosts - still playing online multiplayer

• 3 weeks later...