IGNORED

console versions u liked better than the arcade

Mazerati

Not really a classic but vampire night for the ps2 played smoother and the bonus extras really made it excel the arcade version graphics sound everything on the exact same level as the arcade but the more responsive guncon 2 and the bonus features made this an excellent port.

tg-16 spatter house - sure it was edited somewhat but the difficulty was to high on the arcade version tg-16 had a hard difficulty but was more fun and could complete this version

on a reverse one

I prefer the vs super mario bros over nes smb

I always preferred the NES version of Strider. It played more like an RPG, giving it a more adventure-like feel. Love the original, too, but if given a choice, I'll play the NES version.

That was my favorite version of Strider, used to play it all the time. When I tried the other versions they lacked all the charm of the NES game.

Many of the Atari 7800 arcade conversions I like better than the arcade, due to the nicely implemented difficulty levels and optional co-op / vs. modes. Xevious, Asteroids, and Centipede are all oustsanding.

I liked the NES Double Dragon better than the sluggish arcade game.

Intellivision Burgertime is better than the arcade. It has more levels!

I like all of the Metal Slugs better on my Neo Geo AES w/ MVS converter ... because they're in my house and not in an arcade :lol:

Edited by Lord Thag

Spy Hunter for ColecoVision: The music runs throughout the game, not just in the beginning like the arcade game.

Zaxxon for ColecoVision: The choppy scrolling actually brings a sense of rythm to the game, while the arcade game, with its smooth scrolling, makes me feel like I'm flying out of control towards obstacles.

Hi,

I have to say Spy Hunter for Colecovision as well.

Anthony....

Atari 2600

Breakout - better than the arcade (and Super Breakout simply rules!)

Berzerk - atleast as good as the arcade

Jungle Hunt - better than the arcade

Jungle Hunt 2600 better than the arcade? Why that?

I think the 2600 version captures the essence of the game but it's more playable for me - I can play it and get through the game for a while whereas the arcade game I lose all my lives 1-2-3 :x (like most arcade games).

Since we're on Atariage, I'll chime in with a 2600 one I think everyone's forgotten, SPACE INVADERS! Was way more fun and playable than the arcade. Hold down the reset button on power-up for double shot, game variations, etc. Arcade version was an icon but killed you, to death--limited long term appeal for me. 2600 version was played for hours and hours and hours by me and my brother back in the day, truly the first "killer app" and the first home conversion of an arcade game that I can remember, certainly the first one that was really good. The 2600 had few good arcade conversions, period. Anyone remember Donkey Kong and Pac-Man on 2600? Blech!!