IGNORED

Cheap, common and good Jag games

atari2600land

Ever since I got the Jaguar about a year or so ago, I've used it once to test the games I got with it. I have the same two games and a Jaguar. I'd like to take it out once again, but with some new, cheap, common, but GOOD games. Anyone have any suggestions on what games I should get for it that are cheap, common and good?

Seriously this, What are the good Jag games type of thread has been beaten to death 100 times over. I like the 2600 too and have none other than a H6er to use, but just take 15 minutes and look at some of these threads here in the Jag section you will find what you are looking for. ;)

At least you have a Jag and aren't bashing it as the worst Atari system. :D

Edited by ovalbugmann

Seriously this, What are the good Jag games type of thread has been beaten to death 100 times over. I like the 2600 too and have none other than a H6er to use, but just take 15 minutes and look at some of these threads here in the Jag section you will find what you are looking for. ;)

At least you have a Jag and aren't bashing it as the worst Atari system. :D

But I'm asking for a certain criteria be met, not just what are the greatest Jaguar games are. The best Jaguar game could cost a lot of money (how would I know, though?)

Actually most of the best Jag games aren't too costly. :) Most of those ones I listed are some of the best Jaguar games. You can find them for $5 loose-15 new total each. I've been noticing several New Jag games going on eBay for $10 total lately. Iron Soldier is one of them. Great game too.

Well, it's hard to say which ones are cheap, VS which ones are not. I know which games suck and are cheap... like that battle football one that's in 8-Bit, hah, forget the name...

But there are some good games out there that are fairly inexpensive, don't exactly have the same "value" or "rarity" as Primal Rage or Alien VS Predator, but are still really good:

Power Drive Rally

I-War

Wolfenstein 3D

Trevor McFur

Ruiner Pinball

just to name a few:

Well, it's hard to say which ones are cheap, VS which ones are not. I know which games suck and are cheap... like that battle football one that's in 8-Bit, hah, forget the name...

But there are some good games out there that are fairly inexpensive, don't exactly have the same "value" or "rarity" as Primal Rage or Alien VS Predator, but are still really good:

Power Drive Rally

I-War

Wolfenstein 3D

Trevor McFur

Ruiner Pinball

just to name a few:

Brutal Sports Football? I think its pretty decent common, but to each his own. :cool: You would think that would have at least optimized it so there was no slowdown though.. :roll:

Brutal Sports Football? I think its pretty decent common, but to each his own. :cool: You would think that would have at least optimized it so there was no slowdown though.. :roll:
Perhaps he meant Troy Aikman Football?

Anyway, back to the suggestions:

Cybermorph and Tempest 2000 are likely your best value on the Jaguar. Cybermorph offers a pretty lengthy campaign, Tempest 2000 offers some great replay value, and you should be able to find either one for dirt cheap.

Wolfenstein 3d is interesting because it's a unique port, but DOOM isn't really anything you can't find elsewhere. Unless you're a collector or you just really wanna play it on a Jaguar, there're better things to spend your money on before DOOM (same goes for Zoop).

Raiden's one of the best home ports of the game, but the price seems to be ranging from $25~$50 these days...

Zool 2 and Bubsy are still pretty cheap, a lot of fun, and unique to the Jaguar (well, Zool 2's also on the Amiga).

Edited by minuS

Trevor McFur can be quite fun after you put some time into it. At first it's hard as nails and not very enjoyable. Once you know how everything works though, it becomes quite fun. :)

The 'game' is nothing more than a joke played on Jag fans as the Tramiels

knew they had us suckers lured in once again.

This was a bad demo that could have been a system seller if it was shown some

love.

Oh man, that game is so aweful... seriously... I think a CGA port of PENGO would probably have been better than Brutal Sports Football...

Or maybe even a Monochrome port of "Bouncing Babies" from the early 80s "Public Domain" collection probably would have been a better game.

Maybe GRIME, ParaTrooper, Pengo, and some of those other crap games would have made an awesome fill-in for Brutal Sports Football...

But to each their own... hah...

Everyone's taste in games is different. Brutal Sports is, IMHO, a fun little game, especially two-player.

I've always thought Trevor McFur was a decent enough shooter. I notice that the complainers are usually no good at playing it, hence the complaining...

I've always thought Trevor McFur was a decent enough shooter. I notice that the complainers are usually no good at playing it, hence the complaining...

I've finished it multiple times. It sucks. Sure the graphics are pretty, and the lack of background music doesn't particularly bother me, but the gameplay is abysmal. It's just random objects being thrown at you for minutes at a time. Actual GOOD side-scrolling shooters script out every level, so that there's a sense of pacing and ebb and flow to the combat.

And in case anyone's wondering why I spent so much time playing it even though it sucked-- Because I paid for it, dammit.

Edited by ZylonBane

Trevor McFur is by no means a great game, but there are far worse things to spend $5 on.
Seconded. I wouldn't pay much more for it than that though ;) It's by no means a great shooter (long levels, bland graphics, no music), but it sure is a great curiosity.

• 3 weeks later...
Trevor McFur

No. Just.... no.

yuck.. :woozy: decent graphics, but horrible gameplay.

That would be my description of Zero 5. :)

Most of my fav games are cheap... Bubsy, Tempest 2K, Raiden, Doom (get two copies and network), Cybermorph is actually a lot of fun and comes with the Jaguar.

Cannon Fodder... Southpark with guns. :)