IGNORED

Does this seem weird? Crazy Climber box with the cart left out?

lapetino

I saw this and wanted to get some opinions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...hlink:middle:us

This guy is selling the Crazy Climber box and manual, but holding back the cart. Is the price he's asking for it a bit high, since it's just the box? Or does the scarcity of such an item deserve it? I was wondering what others thought...

Several strikes against this seller:

1. Auction title: "RaRe aTaRi 2600 CrAzY cLiMbEr OrIgInAl BoX aNd MaNuAl" Really? Do you think making the auction title difficult to read will help rake in the big bucks?

2. Including the cartridge in the first picture. That's a bit misleading, to say the least, and especially so for a rare game.

3. There is a picture of a Malagai cartridge and manual. Do people even preview their auctions before posting them? Or at least afterwards to make sure they look okay?

4. There's a picture of a dog. Why do people feel compelled to include pictures of their animals in auctions?? "OOooooo Animal Lover! I'm going to bid an extra $100!!"

5. Shipping is $15.00. For a box (very light) and manual (very light) that's a bit ridiculous. Even if the item is shipped via Priority Mail, it would cost the seller less than $5.00, including a free box. Of course, it'll probably be shipped in a bubble envelope for less than $2.00 and arrive crushed.

..Al

[edit: Added #5]

Buy it and support a school girl in a short dress.......... :D

Unless I see a picture of a school girl in a dress with the items for sale, it's the internet and I don't believe it. :)

Just looked at this user's feedback, apparently he or she lists nearly everything with alternating caps titles. Not doing so good with the feedback either (look at the DSRs, too).

..Al

Unless I see a picture of a school girl in a dress with the items for sale, it's the internet and I don't believe it. :)

..Al

What happened with your fantasies, Al?? :D

..Al

What happened with your fantasies, Al?? :D

I'm not sure I've ever had any regarding a school girl in a dress with a boxed Crazy Climber.. :ponder:

..Al

I saw this and wanted to get some opinions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...hlink:middle:us

This guy is selling the Crazy Climber box and manual, but holding back the cart. Is the price he's asking for it a bit high, since it's just the box? Or does the scarcity of such an item deserve it? I was wondering what others thought...

What exactly is weird about selling a box and instructions? Since I just have the Crazy Climber cart, this is exactly what I'm looking for. This sounds weird, but an emty box and instructions is worth more than a cartridge by itself. I kid you not!

What exactly is weird about selling a box and instructions? Since I just have the Crazy Climber cart, this is exactly what I'm looking for. This sounds weird, but an emty box and instructions is worth more than a cartridge by itself. I kid you not!

No, that in itself isn't strange, I've seen plenty of auctions along those lines. :)

..Al

With Crazy Climber, like a number of other rare titles, the box is worth more than the cartridge.

If I were the seller, I would not have shown the cart in any of the pictures, just listed the box and manual and then down the road listed the cart.

Same thing with the Malagai she has listed, selling the loose cart but also showing the manual and saying it will be listed "in the near future". Okay, it's a form of advertising for another sale; as a seller on eBay myself from time to time, I only picture the actual item(s) up for sale and never include anything extraneous.

The $14 shipping fee, however, is complete BS. eBay only lets you put in a max s/h charge of $6 on this type of auction.

It seems so easy (to me and I'm sure most of us) to create a decent ebay listing, with good photos, good and thorough information, and lack of extra, confusing junk. But when I occasionally browse through ebay ads, I'm just stunned at how many utterly horrible listings there are. It's almost depressing, since it's a slice of actual human intellect and organizational skills.