IGNORED

coleco arcade

sonicgreg

Does anyone have one of those coleco mini arcade machines? I bought one on ebay ( :D pac man! :D ) and wondered if anyone else loves these things. here is a site with good pictures and a good review but, pac man has a slight mistake(it should be grade A! :D )

http://www.videogamecritic.net/cp.htm

Edited by sonicgreg

"I have the Frogger, and also the Parker Brothers Q-Bert one. One of the coolest items they made back then! They're very popular. I wish I had a Pac-Man one!"(mirage 1972

check ebay, they have tons of them

cheap, or INSANELY OVER PRICED!

I snagged mine for $31 or so

I've seen them go for $7 before so keep looking

Edited by sonicgreg

I had the Pac-Man one way back when they were new, but didn't really care for it at the time. Well, it was neat for the first week or so, then I sort of gave up on it. I think it was mostly let-down because I'd somehow thought I would be getting something more than an LED behind cutouts level of graphics (IIRC).

I have about forty different VFD (the colored back-lit display used in these games) units, including all the coleco ones but Zaxxon. I love them. Many of them are still a blast to play, and the displays are bright and colorful.

It's a great thing to collect, and you can still find them in the toy sections of flea marts and thrifts.

Edited by Lord Thag

I have about forty different VFD (the colored back-lit display used in these games) units, including all the coleco ones but Zaxxon. I love them. Many of them are still a blast to play, and the displays are bright and colorful.

It's a great thing to collect, and you can still find them in the toy sections of flea marts and thrifts.

O.k. :ponder: you... find... these... at... flea markets?

my best friend goes to one of those flea markets on Sundays and he has never even seen the excalibur frogger or space invaders

I got the excalibur at an auction and the pac man on ebay... other than that I have never seen them anywhere else.

O.k. :ponder: you... find... these... at... flea markets?

my best friend goes to one of those flea markets on Sundays and he has never even seen the excalibur frogger or space invaders

I got the excalibur at an auction and the pac man on ebay... other than that I have never seen them anywhere else.

oh I forgot,

and at the pac man cafe (closed now :sad:) museum

Not every flea market is the same. Sometimes you score, sometimes you don't. I found nothing for ten years at the one I go to regularly, then one day found a vendor with hundreds of rare games/systems. I walked away with about five thousand dollars worth of stuff for around a hundred dollars.

It's all about luck of the draw. It used to be that you could get a good deal on something because whoever was selling it had no idea what they had. Now with the internet in every home and ebay price checking, you don't come across very good deals very often.

Not every flea market is the same. Sometimes you score, sometimes you don't. I found nothing for ten years at the one I go to regularly, then one day found a vendor with hundreds of rare games/systems. I walked away with about five thousand dollars worth of stuff for around a hundred dollars.

It's all about luck of the draw. It used to be that you could get a good deal on something because whoever was selling it had no idea what they had. Now with the internet in every home and ebay price checking, you don't come across very good deals very often.

oh thanks

O.k. you... find... these... at... flea markets?

Yep. A friend of mine has found me Kingman, Tomy Pacman, Boxing and Football in te wild in about a year. Persistence pays, as does living in a big city.

love the classic handhelds and tabletops. Got about 40 myself. my faves are the mattel sports games, but i got a few of the VFD coleco tabletops. my fave being zaxxon. that thing is a beast.

check fleabay, the values are going up. as far as the coleco pacman the thread is about, hey, its still better than the 2600 version. :D

I just bought Tomy Caveman off of a member here and am looking forward to checking it out. It'll be my first VFD game. I grew up with the crappy Tiger LCD games and got really tired of those. These VFDs look a million times better than those crummy looking LCD games.

-Adam

Tell me how this is when you get it, would you? I'd like to know.

I love those baby.

I have:

Frogger (complete in box) my friend paid 0.50$ !!!! and I gave him around 20$ of commun atari games

Galaxian

Donkey Kong

Pac man

Ms Pac man

Zaxxon (complete in box) I paid 10$ at a yard sale. the box and foam are all in perfect condition.

Qbert

Popeye

Mario Bros

Donkey Kong JR

I got most of then at garage sale / thrift store for around 5$

they are all in perfect condition.

i just picked up donkey kong and galaxian for 20 bucks each. a fair price when compared to ebay. i was surprised by how colorful the graphics were. i was expecting monotone game & watch graphics. these are very cool, and i hope to find more in the future

on a related note, neither of my units have battery covers, i have to hold the unit on my knee to hold the batteries in place. is there a good battery cover solution? i dont think cardboard would cut with heavy c batteries

on a related note, neither of my units have battery covers, i have to hold the unit on my knee to hold the batteries in place. is there a good battery cover solution? i dont think cardboard would cut with heavy c batteries

yeah, this is one of the big problem. I have probably found around 20-25 of those tabletop and I will say that only 60% had a battery cover :(