IGNORED

Contra shattered soldier for PS2.... is it worth getting?

I was reading about this game Contra shattered soldier for the PS2. It's been out for a long time, but I just started collecting PS2 games. Obviously being on AA I love old school games too and like the Contra series. I have a version on the SNES, Genesis, GBA, and DS. My favorite versions are the Genesis and DS. Anyway from the Youtube vid this game looks pretty sweet. Is it worth getting?

I was reading about this game Contra shattered soldier for the PS2. It's been out for a long time, but I just started collecting PS2 games. Obviously being on AA I love old school games too and like the Contra series. I have a version on the SNES, Genesis, GBA, and DS. My favorite versions are the Genesis and DS. Anyway from the Youtube vid this game looks pretty sweet. Is it worth getting?

Yup........if you love getting killed every 5 seconds.

Seriously though its a nice old school pickup but its pretty much impossible to beat without cheating. At least for me.

It's a bad-ass game.

I loaned it out to my bro a few years back and still haven't gotten it back.

It's one of the better Contras.......and by far, the hardest. My favorite is still Contra: Hard Corps.....but this ranks up there with all the good Contra's......The Alien Wars, Contra, Super Contra, etc.

I've got Shattered Soldier and Neo Contra, and they are both very good. I actually had more fun with Neo Contra. It's insane! There's nothing like running on spinning helicopter blades in mid-air while killing hordes of enemies! :lol:

I do like Neo Contra, too. Not really traditional Contra gameplay, but it certainly wasn't terrible.