IGNORED

Multicolor Player

Exin

exin? why?

color 1 OR color 2 = color 3?

so in TurboBasic XL you could type following:

(assuming that color 1 will be the darkest colour, colour 2 the middle and 3 the brightest).

for color1=$02 to $f2 step $10:for color 2=$08 to $f8 step $10:print hex$(color1!color2):next color2:next color1

Because i would like to experiment with it since i'm trying to do graphics through Graph 2 font. You probably dont know me, but i'm a graphican on Plus/4 and CPC.

Ofcourse i meant the color that appears in the odd combination of overlapping bits. Color 3. (I wonder if its possible to manipulate this color through a register?)

-Exin :)

exin? why?

color 1 OR color 2 = color 3?

so in TurboBasic XL you could type following:

(assuming that color 1 will be the darkest colour, colour 2 the middle and 3 the brightest).

for color1=$02 to $f2 step $10:for color 2=$08 to $f8 step $10:print hex$(color1!color2):next color2:next color1

Edited by Exin

To confuse things further, you can also have ORed colours with Playfield if you leave the bottom four bits of PRIOR at 0000.

So, you have the option of Player 0 ORed with Player 1, add to that ORed combinations with Playfield 0 and PF1.

Same deal with PL2/PL3, and combinations with PF2/PF3.

There was a thread about it - something like 23 seperate colours available if the right combinations are used.

To confuse things further, you can also have ORed colours with Playfield if you leave the bottom four bits of PRIOR at 0000.

So, you have the option of Player 0 ORed with Player 1, add to that ORed combinations with Playfield 0 and PF1.

Same deal with PL2/PL3, and combinations with PF2/PF3.

There was a thread about it - something like 23 seperate colours available if the right combinations are used.

So there are many double colors?

Maybe someone should make something like a table of it.... With actual colors!!!! :)

There was a thread, and I did a quick demo program.

You have PF0-3, Background = 5 colours

Independant PL0-3 = 4 colours

Mixed PL0/1 PL1/2 = 2 colours

Interaction of PL0/1 with PF0/1 = 6 colours

Interaction of PL0/1 with PF2/3 = 6 colours

Total = 23

Well, as i said, i dont want fucking numbers. Only a color table what to expect if i have that colored PMG combined with another PMG with a different color. Since G2F gives me something like light green when one is dark blue and the other is bright yellow...

...Only a color table what to expect if i have that colored PMG combined with another PMG with a different color.

Complete color table you want to see would be too big. Please understand, there is 128 colors for each PMG, so 128*128 = 16384 combinations.

It's better to realize behavior of bitwise OR.

Or simpler, higher 4 bits of color number is color component, lower 3 bits is brightness. CCCCBBB0

So you can solve color result of colors' components and brightness result of brighness' components separately.

Colour and luma have the same relative interactions (except of course in most cases luma is only the 3 upper bits), so a 15x15 table would do the trick.

I find it easiest to just think in terms of binary... although initial colour choices should be made with colour merging in mind.

Luckily, we have colours that have multiple instances so long as you're not fussy.

So, Blue ( 8 ) merges with almost anything, Green (10 or 12) is 50% versatile, as is Red (3)

Edited by Rybags

Raster... thx, how do I have to read it?

Well, to me it looks like there are many things clear with these tables. If one color is black or white, and the other color is any other color, there will be no uniuque 3rd color. Same goes for brown or bright brown. The 8 luminances make it even more difficult to get a unique 3rd color....i tested this table in G2F and the result was correct. Even with other certain colors, there will be no unique 3rd. So its best to avoid the darkest and the brightest color in order to use Multicolor objects economically.

These tables should have been printed into my TEWI Atari 800XL programming guide. :D

I think the matter of this fact has been osed in a few demos yet?

i'm a graphican on Plus/4 and CPC.

(...)

X ist 1st color, Y is 2nd color. The spot where they meet is the 3rd color. Everything clear?

Exin, Heaven is A8 coder, and ORing sprite colours is basic stuff on this machine. Don't assume so easily that you possess some knowledge that is exotic for people here ... :]

Edited by drac030

i'm a graphican on Plus/4 and CPC.

(...)

X ist 1st color, Y is 2nd color. The spot where they meet is the 3rd color. Everything clear?

Exin, Heaven is A8 coder, and ORing sprite colours is basic stuff on this machine. Don't assume so easily that you possess some knowledge that is exotic for people here ... :]

Why is he asking then? See! He asks again! :P ;-)

aehm... ok... I am too old or too stupid... if it is x,y and crossing point is colour...why do i need the 2nd lum table???

maybe as draco said... ;) I am sticking to the multicolour approach like I am doing it since for 20 years... ;)

There is no 1st lum table! :D

Its to save space. One table for colors only and the second for the brigthness. So you dont need a giant 128x128 fields table but only a 16x16 and 8x8 table.

This is good for sprite graphicians who dont know about the code behind. Or who are just lazy like me. :)