IGNORED

Will pay $200.00 (and more) for these games.

IHATETHEBEARS

I may be able to help you however I paid about that much if not more myself. I wanted to at least have a collection to pass down to my Daughter. However with funds the way they are, I'll have to think about it. No promises but I'll let you know if anything goes up for sale. Good luck with your hunt.

Don't worry about selling, you can always buy them back in the future when finances are better. There is ALWAYS another one for sale if you wait :)

I'm not aware of any such dispute. If one of them (Biel or Bronstein) said they made 50, he was simply mistaken. According to Irwin Gaines, they made about 20 (give or take) and even fewer were sold (the guys from the company had five or six unsold copies). Given the way the game was made and sold (by mail order from a relatively unknown company), the relatively high price of the game ($35 plus shipping), and the fact that they still had unsold leftovers, the idea that they made/sold 50 copies doesn't even approach believability.

Confirmed.

I visited all three of the CommaVid guys years ago and never heard the number 50. It was always 20. For a moment after reading this I thought "maybe they meant 20 sold, 50 made?" but then I remembered that they literally made these to order, expecting the demand to be light.

I haven't read every post in this thread so I apologize if this account has already been shared:

http://www.digitpress.com/archives/cc_commavid.htm

Incidentally, I promise I'm not "sitting" on any more Video Life carts! I gave mine away in a CGE Auction for Special Olympics. If I had more at this point I'd certainly sell them. My wife is out of work, my health sucks and healthcare costs suck even more. Meanwhile I'm trying to keep it all afloat running a retail store in the worst economy in generations. If there's a magic Video Life factory please show me where the ON button is.

I'm not aware of any such dispute. If one of them (Biel or Bronstein) said they made 50, he was simply mistaken. According to Irwin Gaines, they made about 20 (give or take) and even fewer were sold (the guys from the company had five or six unsold copies). Given the way the game was made and sold (by mail order from a relatively unknown company), the relatively high price of the game ($35 plus shipping), and the fact that they still had unsold leftovers, the idea that they made/sold 50 copies doesn't even approach believability.

Confirmed.

I visited all three of the CommaVid guys years ago and never heard the number 50. It was always 20. For a moment after reading this I thought "maybe they meant 20 sold, 50 made?" but then I remembered that they literally made these to order, expecting the demand to be light.

I haven't read every post in this thread so I apologize if this account has already been shared:

http://www.digitpress.com/archives/cc_commavid.htm

Incidentally, I promise I'm not "sitting" on any more Video Life carts! I gave mine away in a CGE Auction for Special Olympics. If I had more at this point I'd certainly sell them. My wife is out of work, my health sucks and healthcare costs suck even more. Meanwhile I'm trying to keep it all afloat running a retail store in the worst economy in generations. If there's a magic Video Life factory please show me where the ON button is.

Well that is what I get for talking to John ! lol

Sorry to hear about the struggles , Joe. May we all find our own Video Life factories in 2009 !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...