IGNORED

Wow, the things that people toss.

eww.

honestly I'd be slightly less creeped out if retrogamers just started breaking into people's houses and robbing them of video games.

Sometimes you just have to "man up" on things like this. If picking up a clean wal=mart bag that's already out for the taking grosses you out, I'd hate to see what would happen if another man spit his Copenhagen or skoal in front of you. Fortunately for me, I'm not a woman and i make alot of money from other peoples ignorance. If you dumb enough to throw things like this away, then expect some of us to take!

there are a lot of ways to read what you're saying

in very few of them are you doing anything aside from calling me a woman with the intention of insulting me.

maybe you could clarify this for me

My question is if, the average man walk up to trash or even a rotting corpse, would he get all queezy about ti or not? I don't see where taking something out in the open is even dusty much less filthy or disgusting. I don't get it.

digging through trash at 1 am . lmao. that is dedication!

When it pays the way it does. Plus by that time frame, Everything is pretty much put out plus there's not any traffic. I'm usually up most of the night anyway so i may as well be doing something. I sold a computer i picked up 2 weeks ago for $75 after i reloaded it and installed a drive. A few weeks before that, i made $100 for some pc stuff i found. Can't lose. I get half my games this way. Theres so much that gets wasted.

So do you actually go digging through the big green trash cans people put out at the curb, or do you just pick up the stuff that's outside the can?

Outside the can. If there's anything good, you'll see it. all the games were inside one wal-mart bag separate from everything else. In most cases they can't put these things into regular bags and cans anyway. end tables, computer towers, stereos. Just not practical. Probably rip the bag anyway if they even tried

1 am, its too dark at that hour. I do that that shit in broad daylight. Much easier to see, but when opportunity knocks darkness be damned. Nice score.

If its something really good and it's in plain sight, then I'll grab i. Otherwise i wait till late because you don't have nosy people staring at you while your searching. You have to remember, the trash truck doesn't run here till around 5 a.m. so most people don't get their trash out till late at night. Anything from 6 p.m. on up. I wait till midnight because that way, I'll know it's al out. Hell i was out a few nights ago and it was like 3 .am. and there was a guy tat was just now finally bringing his cans out to the edge. As for darkness, we carry 2 large mag lights. Most of the streets have lights anyway, so it's never really dark

Our trash trucks usually run during daylight, so if you wanna score like that you gotta risk being seen. Before we started dating, my wife used to dumpster dive a lot outside her apartment. That's where she got the thing her TV sits on and she also got the Sterilite storage thingy that holds most of my portable games, except in that case it should have been unSterilite. It was nasty until I cleaned it up.

Funny I just found out that my computer was found on the sidewalk and all my roommate had to do was just go to Best Buy and put a new harddrive in it and ta da a new computer. I found these things while throwing my trash away: a workable credit card machine, a record collection(mostly AC/DC and Van Halen in good condition), an unopened box of baseball cards circa 1989, an Aleister Crowley book..... wish I'd find some video games tho. Must say that was a good score with all those Nintendo games...that person does'nt realize they've just thrown away over 60 bucks worth of video games. Super Mario Bros. 2 is actually worth 10 dollars(even without the box in alot of thrift stores I've seen).I bet just the Super NES alone would get alot of money if it were to be sold on E-bay.

1 am, its too dark at that hour. I do that that shit in broad daylight. Much easier to see, but when opportunity knocks darkness be damned. Nice score.

If its something really good and it's in plain sight, then I'll grab i. Otherwise i wait till late because you don't have nosy people staring at you while your searching. You have to remember, the trash truck doesn't run here till around 5 a.m. so most people don't get their trash out till late at night. Anything from 6 p.m. on up. I wait till midnight because that way, I'll know it's al out. Hell i was out a few nights ago and it was like 3 .am. and there was a guy tat was just now finally bringing his cans out to the edge. As for darkness, we carry 2 large mag lights. Most of the streets have lights anyway, so it's never really dark

I have little shame, the early bird gets the worm.

:roll:

Awesome score. I have rarely found anything dumpster diving/skip diving, but I have found a few things in the past.

Nothing that I can distinctly recollect though :P Nothing all that important anyhow.

I had a friend find a wallet once. He looked up the guy who lost it (everything was still in it), and he got like $100 for a reward. Nice guy.

I've managed to piece together a BMX bike or two out of free bits, some of it was dumpster picked, like the frame and rear wheel (which was a composite/plastic rim with standard spokes. I have never seen another one like it since).

I've managed to piece together a BMX bike or two out of free bits, some of it was dumpster picked, like the frame and rear wheel (which was a composite/plastic rim with standard spokes. I have never seen another one like it since).

<off topic>

Probably ACS Z-Rims... they were a bit ahead of their time, but didn't really take off in BMX very well. Not so great for freestyle either, too much flex. They aren't super rare, but it's an interesting item to have. If it's not an ACS Z-Rim, then it's probably a knock off of one, since I believe ACS was the first.

http://www.bmxnonstop.com/oldschool/acszrims.shtml

Our trash trucks usually run during daylight, so if you wanna score like that you gotta risk being seen. Before we started dating, my wife used to dumpster dive a lot outside her apartment. That's where she got the thing her TV sits on and she also got the Sterilite storage thingy that holds most of my portable games, except in that case it should have been unSterilite. It was nasty until I cleaned it up.

lol. I hear ya on that one.

Funny I just found out that my computer was found on the sidewalk and all my roommate had to do was just go to Best Buy and put a new harddrive in it and ta da a new computer. I found these things while throwing my trash away: a workable credit card machine, a record collection(mostly AC/DC and Van Halen in good condition), an unopened box of baseball cards circa 1989, an Aleister Crowley book..... wish I'd find some video games tho. Must say that was a good score with all those Nintendo games...that person does'nt realize they've just thrown away over 60 bucks worth of video games. Super Mario Bros. 2 is actually worth 10 dollars(even without the box in alot of thrift stores I've seen).I bet just the Super NES alone would get alot of money if it were to be sold on E-bay.

Congrtats on the records. I've found many like ac/dc, van halen, steppenwolf, kiss, motley crew, and you name it. Many good things out there if you look. I found a sony 5.1 dvd surround system last week.