IGNORED

Does anyone know how to get price tag sticky off games?

huskers1987

Im an ebay seller, was wondering if anyone knows of a product that will take the price tag sticky residue off of games?without harming the finish on the cartridge?I refuse to ship a game with a price tag on it, just seems like bad business to me, If anyone has any good ideas let me know.....thanks...................

Edited by huskers1987

I always recommend trying the easiest thing first:

Try to peel up the sticker without it tearing (if you're careful, a razor blade under the sticker will usually work without causing any damage. If you're normally klutzy like me, invest in a plastic razor blade.)

Once removed, use the back of the sticker itself to remove the residue left-behind.

If you're normally klutzy like me, invest in a plastic razor blade.

Huh? A plastic razor blade? Isn't that an oxymoron of some kind?

As for the stickers, I just use a little bit of Goo Gone. Remove as much of the sticker as you can with your fingernail, then put some Goo Gone on a paper towel and rub gently. I've never had it damage a label before, just don't slop it on there.

Alcohol is great for cleaning dirt off the plastic cart shell itself, and for removing the Goo Gone residue from plastic. Be careful using it on labels, since it can remove some inks.

-Ian

Yeah, don't put alcohol or Goo Gone directly on labels unless you know exactly what it'll do to that kind of label first (I can tell you in advance that you shouldn't use alcohol on the label on paddles, so you don't have to try that one. :) ) For stickers that are on labels, I've had some surprisingly good results with the gently peeling and then picking up with the sticker method. But as was said before, you may want to leave well enough alone on very rare things. On the plastic, either Goo Gone or alcohol should take care of most anything. Ax, I'd definitely be interested in photographic suggestions for stubborn labels. :)

Once removed, use the back of the sticker itself to remove the residue left-behind.

That actually works fairly well with all kinds of stickers, including the wraparound security stickers on DVDs and CDs.

Yeah, don't put alcohol or Goo Gone directly on labels unless you know exactly what it'll do to that kind of label first (I can tell you in advance that you shouldn't use alcohol on the label on paddles, so you don't have to try that one. :)

I did that by accident myself once while cleaning a set of paddles...never again.

Im an ebay seller, was wondering if anyone knows of a product that will take the price tag sticky residue off of games?without harming the finish on the cartridge?I refuse to ship a game with a price tag on it, just seems like bad business to me, If anyone has any good ideas let me know.....thanks...................

I was just thinking the other day that I kinda like having old tags and stickers on my cartridges and don't really mind having people's names written on them. It's part of the history. (Though I do remove recent price tags for some reason and I'm not a reseller.)

Of the zillion 2600 Asteroids I have laying around, this is the one I keep in my collection:

post-12370-1235758703_thumb.jpg

There's a listing for a physicians office at that address using the same surname and first initial as on that label, so it's a fair assumption that this might have been in a doctor's waiting room at some point. Though, on a map it looks more like a residential location.

Edited by BigO