IGNORED

How do I set MAME game controls to be used with a mouse?

Skyyking

Found out how to do this...

once you load up Mame you should see an option at the bottom that says; "Configure Machine", click it and a menu should appear, click "Advance Options", at the bottom of this menu, tap the upside-down arrow to adv to the 2nd menu, you should see a list of options for controls, make sure the "Mouse" is set to on, and the multi keyboard is set to off.

Thanks to Vincent Serpico of YT for this.

You also have to tell it to save configuration when you get out of that menu. Now to figure out how to get it to fire with mouse button.

1 hour ago, JagChris said:

I have looked for the .ini file in the Mame directory. I can find config but no .ini generated for carnevil. I did a search of the directory as well. Am in admin mode so read/write shouldn't be an issue. 

Typically it'd be either in the root of the Mame executable, or within the \INI folder.

If you still can't find it and you're really curious where it went, I use voidtools Search Everything, which catalogs every single filename on your computer and you can find it in a split second. :lol:

image.png.228ac74bda8d821a2e639aae3bf98006.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JagChris said:

I have looked for the .ini file in the Mame directory. I can find config but no .ini generated for carnevil. I did a search of the directory as well. Am in admin mode so read/write shouldn't be an issue. 

The game ini file will be created the first time the game is run.  Updating the game/machine properties will also create the game ini file.  They will be in INI sub directory.

• Like 1

Having discovered that the firing function, whether through keyboard or mouse is non functional, I'm leaning towards the CarnEvil CHD being corrupted. I did not get it from the separate link imported in the previous thread. I got it independently.

Edited by JagChris

• 1 month later...

I am having this exact issue also.  I have had carnevil working in the past in other versions of mame.  It is such a cute game.

mameui229:  I cannot fire using the left mouse button.  I can get the mouse to move around the screen.

(I couldn't fire in area 51 either).  I don't think corruption is the issue.

Ride all the rides, then eat your heart out on a sesame seed bun! :P

I used to have to open up some sort of config menu inside the game I think.  Had to press some f key to calibrate.  Might be this game, or some other.

Edited by KAZ