IGNORED

Bankswitch pcb in AtariAge Store

yorgle

Are the 2600 bankswitch pcb's in the AtariAge store the same for 8/16/32K eproms? Or is there a separate pcb for each size eprom?

There is a different PCB for each density of EPROM. When you purchase one of their PCB's, you select what size EPROM you will use with it.

--Selgus

Are the 2600 bankswitch pcb's in the AtariAge store the same for 8/16/32K eproms? Or is there a separate pcb for each size eprom?

There is a different PCB for each density of EPROM. When you purchase one of their PCB's, you select what size EPROM you will use with it.

--Selgus

Not quite - the PCB for each size is identical, but the PLD has a different fusemap for each size.

--Selgus

Not quite - the PCB for each size is identical, but the PLD has a different fusemap for each size.

I figured that's what he meant. Thanks for clarifying, though. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyway to tell which pld is which? Here's what I've run into: I recently ordered a 32k pcb and eprom, burned a 32k f4-type bankswitch .bin to it and I know the eprom is programmed correctly because I can read it to my pc and play the game fine on Stella. But it doesn't work on my 2600- I just get wavy multicolor lines and garbage. I'm thinking the pld is incorrect for a 32k .bin. Any ideas what else i can try?

Is there anyway to tell which pld is which? Here's what I've run into: I recently ordered a 32k pcb and eprom, burned a 32k f4-type bankswitch .bin to it and I know the eprom is programmed correctly because I can read it to my pc and play the game fine on Stella. But it doesn't work on my 2600- I just get wavy multicolor lines and garbage. I'm thinking the pld is incorrect for a 32k .bin. Any ideas what else i can try?

The PLDs look identical. Which game did you try?

Medieval Mayhem.

Medieval Mayhem.

Hmm... that one should be compatible. Did you insert the eprom correctly? With the pixels past and atariage logos facing up, the notch of the eprom should face right (see picture). If it still does not work, you probably don't have the right PLD.

post-12776-1236805732_thumb.jpg

Medieval Mayhem.

Hmm... that one should be compatible. Did you insert the eprom correctly? With the pixels past and atariage logos facing up, the notch of the eprom should face right (see picture). If it still does not work, you probably don't have the right PLD.

Yeah, I've got the eprom on correctly (my pcb is blue and even has an outline of the eprom drawn on it showing the notch to the right). I guess I'll just order another pcb and try it.

• 1 month later...

--Selgus

whats a pld.