IGNORED

Sam n' Max coming to XBLA

cimerians

:rolling:

I know, I thought thats what it was a few years ago. I wish they didnt say "Seasons" in it cause it gets confusing.

What the publisher is doing is selling each chapter in the game as "episodes". Then at the end of the game or the last episode they bundle the whole game and sell it retail.

Kind of like the PS3 horror game Siren.

They are a more modern forms of point and click adventures.

Its nice to have adventure games again in some form and I do have "Season" 1 for the PC. Its worth it.

The Wii version was not a good conversion so I am eager to see how the Xbox version will be.

I wish they would just call it Sam N' Max 1 and Sam n' Max 2.

It's episodic content. Season 1 contains 6 "episodes", each a self-contained game, that's part of a bigger story arc for the season. Each season has different story arcs, but may contain references to past seasons.

These are DAMN good games, guys. Very much worth getting if you haven't. I have all of 'em for the PC, (and the SBCG4AP games, which are just as good, if not better). So good to see these two get a revival, as Hit the Road remains one of my all time favorite games.

I wish it was the original.

And while their at it.....release both Maniac Mansions and Full Throttle.

The new episodic adventures are, if anything, even better than the Lucasarts original. The writing is absolutely wonderful. Well worth picking up.

• 2 weeks later...
I wish it was the original.

And while their at it.....release both Maniac Mansions and Full Throttle.

Have you tried one of the new ones? They are made by the same core team that brought them to Lucasarts. Lots and lots of funny in-jokes. Like when Max becomes president and his freind gets kidnapped:

"Are you a bad enough president to rescue the dude?"