IGNORED

Vectrex auction - unopened box.

AngeRepublic

Hi There! I posted here a couple months back with some questions about a great find I came across, an unopened Vectrex console. Thanks for everyone's input on the item. I decided to put it on ebay, just listed it this evening. If anyone is interested, please take a look and message me with any questions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=270352042300

Thanks! :)

Yes, $80 is way too much. I recommend you take it down to your local post office and have them give you an accurate shipping cost. Also, even though it's never been opened, you may want to test it and be sure something hasn't gone bad while sitting for so long.

Edited by MaXKiLLz

Grrr! It is calculating shipping way too high. I've sent things weighing more than that across the country and it didn't cost that much. I can't revise shipping info since there are bids on it. I just added a blurb to the description stating I'll refund shipping difference or at auction end take it to the post office and get precise details prior to payment. I don't want high shipping to scare people off...thats my biggest pet peeve with ebay, sellers who overcharge shipping and pocket the money.

Grrr! It is calculating shipping way too high. I've sent things weighing more than that across the country and it didn't cost that much. I can't revise shipping info since there are bids on it. I just added a blurb to the description stating I'll refund shipping difference or at auction end take it to the post office and get precise details prior to payment. I don't want high shipping to scare people off...thats my biggest pet peeve with ebay, sellers who overcharge shipping and pocket the money.

I'm guessing your blurb addition to the listing will be enough. This is a high enough value item that most people will read thoroughly enough to see your comment, and also the shipping charges will be a small amount of what it will go for anyway. I wouldn't worry about it TOO much. Glad it was brought to your attention very early.

I'm guessing your blurb addition to the listing will be enough. This is a high enough value item that most people will read thoroughly enough to see your comment, and also the shipping charges will be a small amount of what it will go for anyway. I wouldn't worry about it TOO much. Glad it was brought to your attention very early.

Thanks! I hope it does....I have friends who were nagging me to open it so they could play it and I told them no....they're watching the auction like a bunch of hawks and if it doesn't do well I'll have to listen to them tease me for a long long time!

It's almost like the automatic postage calculator is computing for Express instead of Priority. Parcel Post is going to be the cheapest option on this one through USPS.

You may want to provide the overall dimensions of the shipping box, that way people can just plunk the dimensions and weight into the usps.com postage calculator. I guess either Rialto zip is okay to use for calculation purposes?

Got to hand it to eBay to use a shipping calculator that automatically inflates the postage for the seller. ;)

Shipping on this is going to be expensive even if the calculator is off. The Post Office jacked up the rates quite a bit for Priority Mail over the last few years. If I bought this I would want this sent Priority mail. I have had very bad luck with Vectrex systems sent Parcel Post. Due to the Vectrex being so fragile I would recommend Priority or UPS Ground. I have had good luck using both services with Vectrex systems but I would recommend an oversized box with extra packaging material. I would expect this to sell for a lot.

Yes, $80 is way too much. I recommend you take it down to your local post office and have them give you an accurate shipping cost. Also, even though it's never been opened, you may want to test it and be sure something hasn't gone bad while sitting for so long.

Well that was some stupid advice, wasn't it? :roll:

Hi There! I posted here a couple months back with some questions about a great find I came across, an unopened Vectrex console. Thanks for everyone's input on the item. I decided to put it on ebay, just listed it this evening. If anyone is interested, please take a look and message me with any questions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=270352042300

Thanks! :)

were you crying a lot because you had to sell it. :D

It sat in the same spot for over 20 tears with a small basket on top of it. :P

Due to the Vectrex being so fragile I would recommend Priority or UPS Ground.

Man, I don't think I'd recommend UPS Ground for anything fragile...those guys throw shit around like you've never seen.

Agreed. A co-worker of mine used to work at UPS and some of the stories he tells me about the mishandling of packages are pretty bad. I'm sure USPS has their share as well, I've just had better luck with USPS.

Hehe I used to work there as well.

You would have thought it was the Harlem Globetrotters tryouts !

I once bounced a large TV out of the truck down the rollers. It took a bad bounce falling off to the floor below say 8 ft or so. I went out to check on it and who did I see but the manager outside the truck staring down at it. He looked at me, laughed and then walked away. I was fast and the faster we got the done the sooner he got to go home. That was all he or anyone else there cared about.

I once bounced a large TV out of the truck down the rollers. It took a bad bounce falling off to the floor below say 8 ft or so. I went out to check on it and who did I see but the manager outside the truck staring down at it. He looked at me, laughed and then walked away. I was fast and the faster we got the done the sooner he got to go home. That was all he or anyone else there cared about.

That is some hard work. I sorted on the "Charge." It is easier on the back and pay was a little more. you guys would override the overflow sensor. It packed us up tight.

Yep, I did too. I unloaded the trucks in the back. There was so much pressure getting those packages on the conveyor belt, with the labels up, that it didn't matter how they got there. Less gaps between packages = "hard working employee"

So that's what happened to it. :x :D

:x Wow - so now I know how/why UPS F's up all the packages that are shipped to me :x

They totally suck - I always suggest USPS over them if I have an option...

I'm working on a claim with them now - but I'm sure they'll deny it for "Inadequate Packaging" because they managed to successfully damage a well-packed item.

I can just see them grinning & high-fiving now... :mad: