IGNORED

look for scans of Meltdown instructions

lucifershalo

There was no CGE reproduction of Meltdown, only the ROM was released. I know Scott Stilphen made a handful of carts and sold them for $12 or so at CGE2K7, but that was his own thing.

Anyway, here's how you play:

You have a 4x4 grid of circle's you want to protect. Quick particles will jump from circle to circle shrinking them down. Your job is to line up your cross-hair and hit the tiny particles, keeping your 16 circles as big for as long as possible.

You can read a page on it here: http://www.digitpress.com/archives/cc_meltdown.htm

Also, one interesting thing to note is that the circles get squished and aren't displayed properly in an emulator. It doesn't have an effect on gameplay. I also could be wrong and maybe that emulation issue has since been fixed.

Speaking of Meltdown - Tempest, were you ever able to recover the data from that EPROM?

-Ian

Sadly no. I still have the EPROM (somewhere around here) and haven't given up hope, but it's not looking good at this point. You never know though.

Tempest

A second unrelated copy was found/surfaced/revealed around the same time. And ironically they/he decided to release the rom freely without a huge production like most of their proto repos.. Me thinks someone was worried Matt was gonna get a working copy out of his purchase and start selling copies through the AA store. :ponder:

Or they could have sat on the ROM and been called ROM hoarders. :roll:

Indeed. Sharing is good.

Would you rather they had not share it at all, or sold it as a CGE reproduction?

I'd rather they sold it as a CGE reproduction...then I'd have another cart to collect. :D

Actually, I'm bummed I missed out on Lasercade. Oh well. :(

I regret my earlier post. I merely meant to suggest how I think the other courses of action that could have been taken with the Meltdown ROM would have been met with equal or worse attitudes, given the situation Tempest was in with his prototype.

I also could be wrong and maybe that emulation issue has since been fixed.

MESS emulates this correctly.

Thanks for the info.